• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Pre-owned 2013 E250 Avantgarde

KopiOkosong

Hi am new here ....haven't got my ride yet but decided to join the gang here.

I have zeroed in on a preowned 2013 E250 Avantgarde and hopefully I can get one with FL.

I have been looking at sgcarmart and yet to find a 2013 FL model. could be be that FL was introduced for 2014 models?

Sorry, I am a car noob and I am lost with all the Wxxx and the Classic/Elegance/AVG models......

lots of research to do.....

Meanwhile, any tips from the gang here will be much appreciated.

btw, I have not seen too many maroon colored E250s.....the common colors are Black, white, Dark blue and Silver

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KopiOkosong said:

Hi am new here ....haven't got my ride yet but decided to join the gang here.

I have zeroed in on a preowned 2013 E250 Avantgarde and hopefully I can get one with FL.

I have been looking at sgcarmart and yet to find a 2013 FL model. could be be that FL was introduced for 2014 models?

Sorry, I have a MB noob and I am lost with all the Wxxx and the Classic/Elegance/AVG models......

lots of research to do.....

Meanwhile, any tips from the gang here will be much appreciated.

btw, I have not seen too many maroon colored E250s.....the common colors are Black, white, Dark blue and Silver

If u r only looking at cnc w212. 

There is only 2 lines.  Elegance and avant-garde.  

Elegance is with the sticking out merc logo.  No intelligent headlight.  Diff steering wheel design.  Rims are 17 inch

Advantage comes with merc logo integrated with the grille.  Comes with intelligent led headlight.  Rims are 18 inch and diff design from avant-garde 

On 20/09/2017 at 2:40 PM, KopiOkosong said:

decided to open up my options and look for a W212 FL

Came across this and like what I see. Like the color and interior

Any tips on buying a pre-owned? How reputable/reliable is Seng Hup Auto?

Sorry, am a car noob

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=657229

The car you mentioned has a high mileage of 75000km but overall condition seems quite good! You need to go and see it and test drive it. Check for any past accident history etc. 

Thanks bros for the feedback. Have more or less narrowed down to a pre-FL W212 E250.

Manufactured date: 2012 with Registration date early 2013.

Any tips to look out for in terms of wear and tear for this car age?

Timing belt, Engine mount, gearbox, transmission, etc....? 1st time buying used car and heard lots of horror stories about UCDs (used car dealers).

I plan to do simple modding to have the FL looks on the exterior and maybe Navi system.

Btw, how do I check if the mileage is genuine and if car is really accident-free? Call C&C directly to enquire? What details does C&C need for them to check?

Apart from STA and VICOM, will the dealer send the car to an independent workshop to assess the condition of the car?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

oops ..i have been away due to some projects which took away all my personal time

anyway, i have been looking around and decided to up my budget to get the R18 2014 model instead

just missed a sale today and the car was sold when i got there. not into brown merc though

i have shortlisted another pre-owned 2014 car but am wee bit sceptical cos it has been resprayed, engine mounting changed 

dealer claimed its 100% accident free and even asked me to check with CnC. STA graded B which is normal for pre-owned

i am ok with engine mount changed but body respray??? suspicious