Merc Fan

Customised C&C Floor Mat or 3M Floor Mat

10 posts in this topic

Hi bros,

Is it better to get the customised C&C floor mat or 3M floor mat? 3M floor mat is thicker and tends to slip while the customised one fits nicely.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

customized one gets dirty easily while 3m mats stores the dirt very well.

i wash the 3m mats once a year while the customized ones needs to be vacuumed weekly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as I get the complimentary floormat from C&C (i believe its called the 3D floor mat), I just place them over the stock floor mats from day one. Not sure if that makes sense at all but the 3D keeps visible debris from reaching the surface beneath. What do you folks do otherwise with these many car mats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just ordered two premium 3D car mats for W213 which is arriving Oct or Nov. Intend to place ontop of each other to reduce sound & provide the most comfortable cushion ever. 

My previous W211 had 2 sets of 3M mats stacked on top of each other & great for sound absorption too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gentlemen, I think it's worth investing in the 3D Maxpider mats. I went down to their office in Kaku Bukit to check out the quality and it's top notch. It's factory made to fit perfectly. Yes it's slightly pricey but I think for the quality and it's classy look, it's probably one of the best options in the market.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 9:54 PM, Gideon said:

Just ordered two premium 3D car mats for W213 which is arriving Oct or Nov. Intend to place ontop of each other to reduce sound & provide the most comfortable cushion ever. 

My previous W211 had 2 sets of 3M mats stacked on top of each other & great for sound absorption too. 

Just collected the premium 3D mat and they are superbly comfortably soft with luxurious feeling. Excellently done wrapping around the edge of the interior. Value for top notch quality mat that blends seamlessly to merc.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:35 AM, Ivo said:

As soon as I get the complimentary floormat from C&C (i believe its called the 3D floor mat), I just place them over the stock floor mats from day one. Not sure if that makes sense at all but the 3D keeps visible debris from reaching the surface beneath. What do you folks do otherwise with these many car mats?

Bro, I was told the C&C will give 2 sets of car mat upon collection of the car. One is the stock car mat while the other is those premium car mat similar to 3D Maxpider mat. Are they similar in terms of quality ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have both the 3D carmat and the 3M carmat (heh) and having tried both, prefer the former mainly for the fact that it does not slip as much as the 3M one, especially for the driver. It may require a little more effort to maintain but worth it rather than having the mat slip or curl up under my feet (which is a danger for the driver as it may prevent access to the pedals in extreme cases).

Anyone wants a 3M carmat for W213? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2018 at 11:18 AM, Mustang said:

Bro, I was told the C&C will give 2 sets of car mat upon collection of the car. One is the stock car mat while the other is those premium car mat similar to 3D Maxpider mat. Are they similar in terms of quality ? 

The stock Merc mats are softer to rest soles on but more slippery than 3D mats. The 3D mats are more contoured to the car and should last more than 3 years of use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/12/2018 at 11:42 AM, zeenie said:

I have both the 3D carmat and the 3M carmat (heh) and having tried both, prefer the former mainly for the fact that it does not slip as much as the 3M one, especially for the driver. It may require a little more effort to maintain but worth it rather than having the mat slip or curl up under my feet (which is a danger for the driver as it may prevent access to the pedals in extreme cases).

Anyone wants a 3M carmat for W213? LOL

Side question, do both 3D and 3M car mats come with the new car? I still hadn't received any mats for my W213 that was collected Dec 23.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now