• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Motor Insurance other than AIG, anyone

Hi, my insurance (AIG) is due for renewal 1st anniversary. As I was involved in an accident, my B180 now they want to charge me close to $3k. They say 50% NCD is still on but the price increase from around $1.5k to $3k due to the accident.

Possible to switch to another motor insurance company? Any other good insurance company to recommend? And will I be at an disadvantage as mercedes insurance is tied to AIG at C&C and if i change insurace company, i wun be able to send the car back to pandan service centre for repair?..

anyone change insurance company before?

thanks

19 hours ago, divads said:

Hi, my insurance (AIG) is due for renewal 1st anniversary. As I was involved in an accident, my B180 now they want to charge me close to $3k. They say 50% NCD is still on but the price increase from around $1.5k to $3k due to the accident.

Possible to switch to another motor insurance company? Any other good insurance company to recommend? And will I be at an disadvantage as mercedes insurance is tied to AIG at C&C and if i change insurace company, i wun be able to send the car back to pandan service centre for repair?..

thanks

i have been thru the same situation as u, but trust me, continue to stick w AIG for all that they have offered and will continue to offer u. based on yr accident, other insurers may not view u favourably, plus the other good options that AIG will provide u. i assume that yr earlier premium was about 1k and now went up to 1.5k. the loading will eventually go down over time so be patient. good things dun come cheap and cheap things dun come good. (=

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 4:16 PM, divads said:

thanks

Yea continue with AIG. Afterwhich you can switch over to ECICS or ntuc? Had quite a bad experience with FWD. Or you can try apply through dealers or other sites. Carbuysg also got insurance options where they'll give you quotes and advise on your car insurance if your interested to try other options la.

• 1 month later...
On 5/4/2017 at 3:44 PM, maryfisa said:

Yea continue with AIG. Afterwhich you can switch over to ECICS or ntuc? Had quite a bad experience with FWD. Or you can try apply through dealers or other sites. Carbuysg also got insurance options where they'll give you quotes and advise on your car insurance if your interested to try other options la.

Wah, care to share your experience with FWD? They haven't been around for that long!

21 hours ago, sganimefan said:

Wah, care to share your experience with FWD? They haven't been around for that long!

I was in a process of buying my car and for insurance you have to put the full name of the bank you're taking your loan with. They didn't put the full name and the bank won't accept the insurance cover note. Also i requested for the amended certificate of insurance but they couldnt provide me with it. Told them the bank needs it to process the loan. The agent argued and insisted saying they confirm accept the cover note. Told the bank and they explained saying they still can't accept it. After which, my transaction was delayed. This was a few months back. Also a friend called them just to enquire on some general stuff and their customer service sounded annoyed. 

This is just my experience. It will always be better for you to judge it on your own. Probably i had bad days...? Loll

• 1 month later...