• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

A250 Sport Problem

Quad088

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently, I have sent in my car 2 times and the issues were not resolved and was always told it is settled.

Really disappointed with the standard of surface conti company Merc !

a250 owners 1), do you experience door panel rattling

2) upon coming to a stop, there is a loud gear change with jerking can be felt at times Ard D2n D3 gear movement.

3) whistling sound can be heard during cold start especially once you engaged P to N , D1or R depending on your parked vehicle ( do have your window down to listen )

4) oil tank cover not aligned to body frame ( do look carefully ) . Most merc of all series are

Do felt that these are the most basic defects that not supposed to happen on a new car

Yup... Same ! Sounds like a old model cab , haha! After warm up, it gets softer.

So, anyone encounter issue 3 You can get off ur ur car to listen .With Red "P" still engaged. Gear switch to N , the whistling sound can be heard . ( u can actually try it without getting off. Just has the window down )

Has told Merc is not norm for a car to have such issue. Their response was it happens to their test drive car during cold start too.

Need fellow A series to assist in my case . Appreciated your help!

What about issue 2 ?

Currently, I have sent in my car 2 times and the issues were not resolved and was always told it is settled.

Really disappointed with the standard of surface conti company Merc !

a250 owners 1), do you experience door panel rattling

2) upon coming to a stop, there is a loud gear change with jerking can be felt at times Ard D2n D3 gear movement.

3) whistling sound can be heard during cold start especially once you engaged P to N , D1or R depending on your parked vehicle ( do have your window down to listen )

4) oil tank cover not aligned to body frame ( do look carefully ) . Most merc of all series are

Do felt that these are the most basic defects that not supposed to happen on a new car

for item 2 , yet to discover , so far so good 

Really disappointed with the QC on A series.

When I get my ride , my front wiper was quacking so badly. Made a complaint to them and as usually, pushing the blame back to us " oh did you happen to place wax on the screen " . Simply , stare back at the technician and answer back !

I think we need to meet up soon to thrash out the ride issue.

Especially when it comes to gear box n engine issue, it will costs us a bomb in event of pushing back to us " claiming that we misuse it " . I highly doubt the gear box can last !

For gas tank, is better already on my ride after making numerous comparison among the merc. How the hell Spore Cycle n Carriage allows such well known brand model with such flip flop workmanship!!!

• 2 weeks later...

C&C make good 

1.The knocking sound was due to loose cable

2. The GPS still sucks . It does not function like Garmin . Merc GPS is not user friendly and only be used if you key in your destination. Ir failed to zoom in and out 

3. As for my Ipod, they said my Ipod is obsolete and should buy a new one .

Latest discovery  is there is a slight leak at the bottom of the rain sensor unit inside the cabin, traces of leaking of 4" long was dry overnight . I guessed it is due to the heavily down pour in the night . So i don't think  A250 is that good quality 

• 1 month later...

I have experienced 3 occasions with the RPM. It  stays between 4,000 to 5,000 range for more than 4 seconds at  first gear  before it decided to  goes down around 1800 rpm and decided to change to 2th  gear .

This incident will happen sudden acceleration either from stand still in the traffic lights or on the highway .

At stand still at the traffic when turns green, i step on acceleration, the rpm swing up and stay at 4500 rpm and failed to goes next to second gear . it will stay there for about 3-4 seconds and nothing happens until the rpm drops then when the acceleration start to descend then when I step on then it decide to change to second gear  - this is very dangerous especially at traffic junction making a turn - accident will happens!! ( happen today once)

Second is rpm is just at 1,800, and speed is around 100 kilometers , stepping on the gas to speed up the RPM swing up to 4000 rpm and stay there for a while before it decide to gain speed . ( In this mode , it happens twice )

It seems the software could not read clearly what is all about for  gearbox to change its gear in due course and  is either lazy or still in sleeping mode or the damn software is in question. 

Anyone has got this problem , i read over some  car magazine , most has commented about the laziness not not in this manner > 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Would like to check with fellow A250 owners, i noticed that the xenon light for A250 is quite yellowish in colour when switched on as compared to other makes which are relatively white. Do u guys hv the same experience.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Would like to check with fellow A250 owners, i noticed that the xenon light for A250 is quite yellowish in colour when switched on as compared to other makes which are relatively white. Do u guys hv the same experience.

Cheers!

They are relatively white because it was changed to 5k, 6k, 7k or 8k blubs (8k has a very slight blue tint). Their oem blubs are also white with a yellow tint i.e. yellowish, since they ranges from 4.3k to 4.8k... MB uses 4.3k.

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports