• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Blow off valve

AY8686

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ummm, my humble opinion is not go this route....seen a few daihatsu copen and shift, dunno fake or real but just sound like "lao hong" bvo...not impressive at all. Worst still, make so much noise and taxi uncle outran them :)

Hi guys, anyone did a BOV on their cgi MB cars?? Wants to put on my e200 w212 facelift ☺️☺️

• 2 weeks later...

If your car has a turbo why use a BOV and release the charge into the atmosphere?

Most turbo cars including MB already have a bypass valve system where the excess pressure goes back into the system and spools the turbo faster.

The function of the BOV is to release excessive compressed air in the system that would otherwise prevent the turbo from spooling...hence prevents the turbo lag at every gear change. BOV works best for bigger turbo cars, our CGI Mercs are relatively smaller, thus no need for this device.

The function of the BOV is to release excessive compressed air in the system that would otherwise prevent the turbo from spooling...hence prevents the turbo lag at every gear change. BOV works best for bigger turbo cars, our CGI Mercs are relatively smaller, thus no need for this device.

yea thats right... small turbo... not like 400 over horse, u optionally required bov to protect the turbo...

• 2 months later...

CGI Mercedes uses the VGT type turbos. I have asked this question on this forum before. If anyone has gone the route of changing to an Owen, FP or even an IHI VF turbo. Seems like none.

I reckon there will be a lot of 'metal' work as the manifolds needs to be tailor made. As for BOV, it can be done. But for a Merc? It's so sensitive and might throw up some CEL.

My ex mistresses....

9394559638_9f28a394db.jpg

• 3 months later...

It's not a BOV, it is a diverter valve. And yes, you can get an adapter that will release pressure into the atmosphere like like a BOV. If your tune increases the boost, it can be considered but necessary no, even with a tune our turbo's are not running so much boost that we really need one.

TB2sBq.XVXXXXbUXXXXXXXXXXXX-1727501777.g

CGI Mercedes uses the VGT type turbos. I have asked this question on this forum before. If anyone has gone the route of changing to an Owen, FP or even an IHI VF turbo. Seems like none.

I reckon there will be a lot of 'metal' work as the manifolds needs to be tailor made. As for BOV, it can be done. But for a Merc? It's so sensitive and might throw up some CEL.

smells of STIs....EVOssssss  =D

• 3 weeks later...