• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice needed for W211

bpc

Hi All,

Time to change my Lexus IS250, thus am looking at either 07 or 08 W211 E200 or E230.

Can any bros provide advice and difference on these 2 rides beside engine capacity?

- Outlook?

- Fuel Consumption?

- Maintenance Cost involved?

- Any other points?

Any other advices are greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

Hi bpc

For the w211 there's two things to consider. Engine and external/interior styling.

1. Engine

- E200K is a 1.8litre supercharged mated to 5-speed gear box

- E230 is a 2.5litre naturally aspirated V6 engine mated to 7-Gtronic gear box

Price difference for road tax. Different FC and of coz driving feel.

Personal preference wld be E230. Smooth and refined power.

2. External/interior Styling

- Avantgarde comes with bigger rims, lowered suspension, nicer speedo dials, front Bi-Xenon, led rear tail lights (not obvious), tinted windows

- non avantgarde basically the opposites of wats listed above.

3. Options (depending on first owner)

- reverse camera

- Bluetooth

If budget permits, just go with E230 Avantgarde. Do note that some time in late 08 or early 09 they upgraded the audio head unit from dot matrix to LCD type. And also during this period there is limited edition version which comes with 18" rims, perforated brake rotors (someone pls verify this).

In summary, no matter which styling or which engine, u can't go wrong with the face lifted w211.

Very reliable with enough power and great driving feel. Maintenance is cheap too.

• Like 2

Hi All,

Time to change my Lexus IS250, thus am looking at either 07 or 08 W211 E200 or E230.

Can any bros provide advice and difference on these 2 rides beside engine capacity?

- Outlook?

- Fuel Consumption?

- Maintenance Cost involved?

- Any other points?

Any other advices are greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance.

hi...i just got myself the W211 E200k  year end 2006...so its like a 2007 model...

1. outlook:- abit uncle compared with my 5-series... but both are different feel...

2. FC.. have to let u know... my last full tank top up was about 69L... tank big...one week liao..now is about half-tank... still monitoring..wil update u once i got the FC calculated...

3. maintenance cost is relatively quite manageable: just changed quite a number of stuffs.. both front shock absorbers, front rod, etc../.. total cost to me is about $1.1k... with the previous owner bearing 50%... so to me is like $550...  Rims + tyres cost about 2k....CSii:$200+.... thats all for now....and my dad drive like 2-3weeks liao...he so far very happy...

4. only compain that i have for this E200k is the steering feel....or is it mine got problem... as its feels like kinda very light...as compared to my beemer... which is like 3kg steering feel....

thanks

ah Wil

• 5 weeks later...

Kr_Clk, thanks for your info. It seems the E230 I just got is a limited model. Yes, the front brake disc is perforated. For ah Wil's info, my steering feels tight, but becomes light when making a turn. I am amazed by merc's turning mechanism...