• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Service Credits

Hi bros,

A friend bought a used Mercedes and the car is still within the warranty period. When he sent the car to C&C for servicing, he was told that he could not use the service credits left over by the previous owner for the payment of the servicing job. Is it true that service credits are not transferrable and what happened to the service credits left over by the previous owner for the car?

Regards.

So it is definitely not worth buying a used car even if it is within the warranty period.

just becos of service credits??

warranty = service credits

or

warranty = repair cost covered

You're dethpicable. 

Warranty is warranty it cover non wear and tear parts

Service credit is to offset your wear and tear plus labour

This 2 are different

Take for example you go buy a phone from a shop.

They give you $50 voucher and 3 years warranty.

The warranty covers factory defect.

Lets say you drop your phone and the screen crack does the warranty cover it? No

So you can use the voucher to offset your repair cost

But if the phone the speaker is not working after few months does it cover the repair? Yes.

So it is definitely not worth buying a used car even if it is within the warranty period.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Edwin. . Ur explanation is nit clear... please write a 3 page thesis to support ur argument. ...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Why is it not worth buying just because it doesn't come with service credits? Service credits is an incentive given by C&C for the first owner. It has nothing to do with the warranty. Some first owners don't want the service credits and ask their SE to offset the amount offered into the purchase price of the car, it also doesn't mean the first owner is obligated to sell the car at a lower price.

• Like 1

YES SIR!

Edwin. . Ur explanation is nit clear... please write a 3 page thesis to support ur argument. ...

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

yea... agree..

Why is it not worth buying just because it doesn't come with service credits? Service credits is an incentive given by C&C for the first owner. It has nothing to do with the warranty. Some first owners don't want the service credits and ask their SE to offset the amount offered into the purchase price of the car, it also doesn't mean the first owner is obligated to sell the car at a lower price.

yes, agree

alamak...you agree with everything...
i am humsum...quick say you agree ;p

Since we are in the topic of warranty can i ride on this thread?

I be sending my 1.5 months W204 in for warranty claim.. ESP and Run Flat inoperative.. Any idea how long is the "repair"?

Can i request for a courtesy car or taxis voucher?

If it's due to warranty issue then yes, you can request for a courtesy car. However, there is a waiting list of about 2-3 months. If you can wait, tell your SA that it's not urgent. If not then no choice, you gotta find your own mode of transport.

Did your SA tell you what caused the mentioned fault? Faulty sensor or? The warning is due to the traction level that the sensor is sensing. A few of us do experience this warning from time to time and the way we "fix" it is to pump up the tyre pressure. Problem solved. However there was also one case of faulty sensor, the warning came out every other day.

• Like 1

If it's due to warranty issue then yes, you can request for a courtesy car. However, there is a waiting list of about 2-3 months. If you can wait, tell your SA that it's not urgent. If not then no choice, you gotta find your own mode of transport.

Did your SA tell you what caused the mentioned fault? Faulty sensor or? The warning is due to the traction level that the sensor is sensing. A few of us do experience this warning from time to time and the way we "fix" it is to pump up the tyre pressure. Problem solved. However there was also one case of faulty sensor, the warning came out every other day.

Thanks for the info.. courtesy car wait for 2 to 3 months? :startle:  I don see much courtesy here!  :D

I yet to send the car in but my sales girl mentioned should be sensor after consulting the SA. It happened only in the rain especially in a heavy downpour..

My tires currently about 240.. is it too low?

Hi bros,

A friend bought a used Mercedes and the car is still within the warranty period. When he sent the car to C&C for servicing, he was told that he could not use the service credits left over by the previous owner for the payment of the servicing job. Is it true that service credits are not transferrable and what happened to the service credits left over by the previous owner for the car?

Regards.

Service credit is valid onli for orig owner. 

That's why mercedes boutique can huat coz even $200 t-shirt oso ppl will whack to use up the service credits b4 they sell the car. 

• 4 years later...
13 hours ago, Merc Fan said:

The service credit is not transferrable. Hence you can't use the the service credit of the previous owner. I think the system will be able to reflect that you are the new owner?

You can get C&C to update their system if you're the new owner as the Onemotoring log card will prove your ownership.