• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change front brake disc

benico

I just fix the ATE Ceramic Brake pad @ 3pm today but @ 4.30pm i went back to buy the original brake pad & Disc.

I dont like the ate brake pad i find the braking isnt the effective.

I will change back to the original brake pad.

Sorry its just my point of view.

Please describe more on the feeling as I am about to buy a set. Thanks.

All Brake pads needed to bed bedded in.... regardless how expensive or cheap they are... as long as they are new... they needed to be... so don be too aggresive when braking after you changed the pads... Give it 1K km to bed in.. then U can jam your brakes as and when U like... and feel the real effect of the BBK or pads... Naturally workshop should tell U all these... But just in-case they don't... this is for your info only....

Please describe more on the feeling as I am about to buy a set. Thanks.

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

i feel that all parts are the same, you gain a bit here and lose a bit there. eg. tyres...want more grip, lose the comfort. so ATE produces less brake dust, so it loses the braking effectiveness.

You're dethpicable. 

I just changed all 4 brake disc and rotor.  Brake disc is ATE and rotor is stock, plus 1 sensor for my C180k.  Total cost, including gst is around $980.  If I had purchased the parts from goldenlink as mentioned by some foruners, total cost is around $870 w gst.  My opinion of ATE is that it needs to be bedded in before it can be effective.  Right now, I just have to brake gently for at least 500km, but the real advantage is that my rims are clean after 3 days.

I've changed a few months back. It's not that bad. Slightly better than stock. If I compared to the French car I had, the frenchie I had was better. Perhaps cos the engine brake is better.

SomE bros will advise. Change to alcon ..lol

I've changed a few months back. It's not that bad. Slightly better than stock. If I compared to the French car I had, the frenchie I had was better. Perhaps cos the engine brake is better.

SomE bros will advise. Change to alcon ..lol

No need to change to alcon lah............ euromodz more affordable and good enough already........

As few buddies here mentioned i need to let it run first and the braking will improve.

I will wait for few days and see how is it.

As for now i Boh Feeling leh.

Right now i Step on brake hard car still move forward.Unlike the Original one.Anyway i cant said its no good yet.

Will give a try first.

How is it so far?

Hi Bro

So far i can feel its getting better.

Have not jam brake yet.

But soon i will try it.

How fast have you driven? Anywhere near 200 yet? If you dare brake from 200, then pads should be ok. I have to get the full set front and rear with discs as well quite soon, so your information is really important. Thanks. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe you can take some pic and tell us when you change the disc & pad.

Guess many ppl dont notice the difference.

So you bought the OEM disc + ceramic pad ?

Was told by supplier that original discs have the star logo. I bought original discs and ATE Ceramic pads. Will only install them when necessary, maybe in one month from now. Hope they have some grip! :lol: