Jump to content
  • Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

    Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

    SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I have a GLB from PI and encountered this problem.  

The Mercedes Me of my car is registered to the PI's UK supplier and I cannot unregistered the previous owner.   I thought the car even if it is parallel imported, should not have Mercedes Me app registered to a non-owner.

Anyone has the same issue and how did you resolve it. 

Appreciate your kind advise.   Thank you in advance. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi rsm2004, 

I did.  Initially I was told by the PI that  it is common on parallel imported car and some cost involved with a 3rd party.  But after some interchanges in the past few days,  I heard good news from them this afternoon that they will have work with their supplier to registered it and bear the cost. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL... they are making up the story only for you, no cost involves.

What you need to do is to get the Mercedes Me on UK site and pretend you are a UK buyer then the system allow you to register.

I got my new GLA from C&C, everything work seamlessly.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi RSM2004, thanks.  I do have the app in my mobile and registered.  But I cannot link the mobile app to the car's Mercedes Me app as my MBUX shown it is registered to another UK person (PI's supplier).  So I need that person to deregister from the car....that was the trouble.  Hopefully it can be resolved in the next few days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, rsm2004 said:

LOL... they are making up the story only for you, no cost involves.

What you need to do is to get the Mercedes Me on UK site and pretend you are a UK buyer then the system allow you to register.

I got my new GLA from C&C, everything work seamlessly.

 

Can I check how do u pretend I am UK buyer? My car doesn't have anyone register yet but everyone I scan the QR code it just won't work

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2021 at 8:01 PM, Summeralive said:
On 2/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, rsm2004 said:

LOL... they are making up the story only for you, no cost involves.

What you need to do is to get the Mercedes Me on UK site and pretend you are a UK buyer then the system allow you to register.

I got my new GLA from C&C, everything work seamlessly.

 

Can I check how do u pretend I am UK buyer? My car doesn't have anyone register yet but everyone I scan the QR code it just won't work

Expand  

I have read some where you need to some how let the app detect that you are a UK buyer and not SG buyer. So your phone is set in such a way that it is being identified as in UK, something like that.

Alternatively you have to ask your PI to get the seller in UK to help you register.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, rsm2004 said:

I have read some where you need to some how let the app detect that you are a UK buyer and not SG buyer. So your phone is set in such a way that it is being identified as in UK, something like that.

Alternatively you have to ask your PI to get the seller in UK to help you register.

 

Yup. Another way is act as if I'm in UK and register myself. But still trying to figure how to let the Mercedes me app think I'm UK user hahah

Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the app is detecting that your IP address location on your mobile is Singapore. You could try subscribing to a VPN service on your phone and change locality to that of UK and see if it works.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Summeralive said:

Yup. Another way is act as if I'm in UK and register myself. But still trying to figure how to let the Mercedes me app think I'm UK user hahah

Get a UK address with your email.  that works.  I created a Gmail and put Downing Street as address.  Works

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 3/8/2021 at 7:59 AM, radon39 said:

Get a UK address with your email.  that works.  I created a Gmail and put Downing Street as address.  Works

I tried this method but won’t work. I got a UK address but it just won’t take my payment method. Anyone can help?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Joellee said:

I tried this method but won’t work. I got a UK address but it just won’t take my payment method. Anyone can help?

I just installed the Mercedes ME Adaptor at CnC.

Due to "goodwill", CnC installed the Me Adaptor foc though my car is warranty is over

It works only when the vehicle is switched on and connected by BT

 

IMG_5422.thumb.jpg.697804853beacde038e59fedce79ccb6.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5426.jpg

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...