• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Tuning gone mad: Mercedes-McLaren SLR ‘999 Red Gold Dream’ edition

ueli_anlike_slr_999_red_gold_dream_001-0429-950x650.jpg

If Batman were to have a change of career from fighting crime to becoming a playboy, this is the car he might be inclined to drive - the Ueli Anliker SLR 999 Red Gold Dream. As you can see, the tasteful owner that commissioned this piece had discretion and subtlety at the top of his list of priorities for every part of the car, right down to the 24k gold-coated wheels.

A raft of modifications have been made to the Mercedes-McLaren SLR to reach the 999 Red Gold Dream standard, and in total around 5 million Swiss francs (approximately $4.3 million) were poured into the car - a price that could net you a couple of Bugatti Veyrons with a big chunk of change left over.

ueli_anlike_slr_999_red_gold_dream_003-0429-950x650.jpg

The modifications consist of a new front spoiler, which looks like it came from the front end of a snow plough train, as well as numerous other aesthetic and aerodynamic modifications. There is also a giant rear wing, a custom rear diffuser and the aforementioned 24k gold-coated wheels.

ueli_anlike_slr_999_red_gold_dream_005-0429-950x650.jpg

Gold plays a big part in this car, with all of the manufacturer logos replaced with solid gold replicas. Even the stunning red paint job features gold flecks in it, adding around 5kg to the car's weight from this aspect alone - in fact, pretty much anything on the car that appears shiny and gold is most likely pure 24k gold.

ueli_anlike_slr_999_red_gold_dream_009-0429-950x650.jpg

The engine, too, has been modified, with a new exhaust system fitted to give the SLR 999 Red Gold Dream a snarl to match its outrageous appearance. While work on the car's engine hasn't been completed yet, the Swiss tuners from Ueli Anliker have big plans for the SLR '999' - namely to give it enough performance to match its name, or in other words, crack the 999hp (748kW) barrier.

ueli_anlike_slr_999_red_gold_dream_010-0429-950x650.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sareve

Thank goodness he didn't get his hands on a 722! I don't think the power's going to be much use with all that ungainly weight + lack of aerodynamics. This Red Gold Nightmare is the ultimate example of how money simply cannot buy taste.

Incidentally, I love the SLR rims, is it possible to buy them?

Guest Rysk

Haha I saw this on another forum, I love how he uses his Filipino maids/waitresses as models!

Thats the objective! If get supermodel, all will be eyeing on the model.. instead of his car.. haha

Guest Sareve

Haha I saw this on another forum, I love how he uses his Filipino maids/waitresses as models!

Thats the objective! If get supermodel, all will be eyeing on the model.. instead of his car.. haha

Haha unfortunately, the car is uglier than his maids.

Guest bbwannabe

Haha unfortunately, the car is uglier than his maids.

agreed man. well, one man's meat is another man's poison

Guest funng

Thank goodness he didn't get his hands on a 722! I don't think the power's going to be much use with all that ungainly weight + lack of aerodynamics. This Red Gold Nightmare is the ultimate example of how money simply cannot buy taste.

Incidentally, I love the SLR rims, is it possible to buy them?

yes! i like them toooo! look like jet engine blades right?! i've seen them on a S class and on a C class as well. If i'm not wrong, from pictures i can remember, bro narmi's S class is riding on those rims! WHOHOHOHOHOHO. :rockon:

save money first, i'm looking into those or Brabus! hahaha.