• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Apple TV installation on my GLC

Hi all,

Just wanted to share the latest modification that I have done for my GLC Coupe. With my Comand NTG 5 that was installed, I wanted to see what else can be done to the car and since there is no CarPlay or Android Auto on the GLC Coupe (C253), I was thinking of the possibility to have AirPlay instead of just CarPlay since Airplay effectively means that I can have my ENTIRE iPhone mirrored to the screen of my car. Wouldn't that be cool ? 

Asked around and was looking fro HDMI input but it was a tough hunt. Many video input in the after market space are still stuck at the traditional RCA plugs which does no good to the latest Apple TV since it's all HDMI. Why get another converter and try to convert from HDMI to RCA etc. More points of failure.

Found some sources out there and it turns out that it is only 480p resolution which is not fantastic. No HD on the Apple TV ? No Way. Managed to find someone that was very willing to explore and found a a HDMI input box @ 720p. The problem is of course there was no Aux in for my car model (Somehow I don't know why) and I eventually settled for FM transmitter which works out pretty well considering that I am stationary when I play with my Apple TV for entertainment. 

Here are some photos to share. I can have Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, Toggle (Live TV requires Toggle Prime membership), AirVideo HD (For streaming all my videos from home), Viki ( VOD for Korean Drama) and I even have games on it. iTunes Music(With Lyrics) is not too bad on Apple TV because it's FM for me, it's not as ideal as someone with an AUX In.

My internet runs off an portable wifi in the car for streaming and since you have plans like Data Infinity from Singtel @ 50GB more on top of your plan, it should not be any big issues. 

Reverse camera (or 360 camera if you have) all works as per normal since it will auto toggle when you hit the Reverse Gear. 

So for requirements, you got to have NTG5 Comand in order for it to work since the video box requires NTG5. 

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 1:08 AM, AcidBase96 said:

Hi all,

Just wanted to share the latest modification that I have done for my GLC Coupe. With my Comand NTG 5 that was installed, I wanted to see what else can be done to the car and since there is no CarPlay or Android Auto on the GLC Coupe (C253), I was thinking of the possibility to have AirPlay instead of just CarPlay since Airplay effectively means that I can have my ENTIRE iPhone mirrored to the screen of my car. Wouldn't that be cool ? 

Asked around and was looking fro HDMI input but it was a tough hunt. Many video input in the after market space are still stuck at the traditional RCA plugs which does no good to the latest Apple TV since it's all HDMI. Why get another converter and try to convert from HDMI to RCA etc. More points of failure.

Found some sources out there and it turns out that it is only 480p resolution which is not fantastic. No HD on the Apple TV ? No Way. Managed to find someone that was very willing to explore and found a a HDMI input box @ 720p. The problem is of course there was no Aux in for my car model (Somehow I don't know why) and I eventually settled for FM transmitter which works out pretty well considering that I am stationary when I play with my Apple TV for entertainment. 

Here are some photos to share. I can have Netflix, YouTube, Vimeo, Toggle (Live TV requires Toggle Prime membership), AirVideo HD (For streaming all my videos from home), Viki ( VOD for Korean Drama) and I even have games on it. iTunes Music(With Lyrics) is not too bad on Apple TV because it's FM for me, it's not as ideal as someone with an AUX In.

My internet runs off an portable wifi in the car for streaming and since you have plans like Data Infinity from Singtel @ 50GB more on top of your plan, it should not be any big issues. 

Reverse camera (or 360 camera if you have) all works as per normal since it will auto toggle when you hit the Reverse Gear. 

So for requirements, you got to have NTG5 Comand in order for it to work since the video box requires NTG5. 

IMG_9243.jpg

IMG_9245.jpg

IMG_9238.jpg

IMG_9239.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

IMG_9241.jpg

IMG_9242.jpg

IMG_9236.jpg

IMG_9237.jpg

IMG_7880.jpg

Hi bro 

I’m keen on it. can you PM me where you install it?