• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

My cheapo mod

Guest blackmercs

Guest blackmercs

Hi guys,

Just collected my car. The first mod i did, is to change all the orange light in the interior cabin to white light (bulbs and LED combi). Also at the boot area change to LED white light (strip form). Total damage less than $150 bucks which including installation cost. As for changing the front and rear brake light will check with my installer whether can he mod it. Will wanna change the rear licence reverse light to LED white too.

My next cheapo mod, will wanna add on tail pipe as the stock one is super yuck and aftermarket pedal sets.

Also intend to mount the Garmin (GPS) holder at the center of the dash board with the power source cable connected directly to the car power source. Wonder anyone had done it before??

cheers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blackmercs

Hi guys,

Didnt know the response is so good. Since there are so many bru here are interested. I will post the contacts here instead. Moderators pls dele this thread or msg, if you feel that i violated the rules here.

thanks.

Darren Auto

21 Toh Guan Rd #01-24

Tel : 67953636

Look for Jack.

Guest leolh

Hi guys,

Didnt know the response is so good. Since there so many bru here are interested. I will post the contacts here instead. Moderators pls dele this thread or msg, if you feel that i violated the rules here.

thanks.

Darren Auto

21 Toh Guan Rd #01-24

Look for Jack.

Hi blackmerc! just curious are you on the CLC coupe or C180 Sports coupe? haha i need some mods but no one here drives the C180 sportscoupe!

Guest blackmercs

Hi blackmerc! just curious are you on the CLC coupe or C180 Sports coupe? haha i need some mods but no one here drives the C180 sportscoupe!

Finally, I found one of our own kind...........so touching rite. Yes i m on CLC Coupe C180 too. Ya is kinda quiet here, so i decide to stir here abit!!!

lolz

Guest blackmercs

wow.... good lobang..... 150 for how many interior lights? did u do the side door lights & the lights below the seats?

Hi, i didnt install the side door lights and foot light. I dont think mine comes with it, need to check again as i just collected my rides. What i did for the price of $150 or less for interior cabin only. Front 4 pcs and rear 1 pce and the rear boot area in strip form. Mine is a coupe not a sedan.

Is it consider cheap? Normally whats the damage for the interior cabin for a sedan?

cheers

Guest CBlack

congrats, blackmercs. for less than $150 to change all the interior cabin light is cheap. can pm me where you do it?

Hi, PM send.

cheers

Guest GASTON

Hi guys,

Didnt know the response is so good. Since there are so many bru here are interested. I will post the contacts here instead. Moderators pls dele this thread or msg, if you feel that i violated the rules here.

thanks.

Darren Auto

21 Toh Guan Rd #01-24

Look for Jack.

Thanks Bro! :iconsalut:

Guest sy69u

wow.... good lobang..... 150 for how many interior lights? did u do the side door lights & the lights below the seats?

Hi, i didnt install the side door lights and foot light. I dont think mine comes with it, need to check again as i just collected my rides. What i did for the price of $150 or less for interior cabin only. Front 4 pcs and rear 1 pce and the rear boot area in strip form. Mine is a coupe not a sedan.

Is it consider cheap? Normally whats the damage for the interior cabin for a sedan?

cheers

sounds reasonable to me...... lets see wat the other bros will do. thanks for the info....

Guest blackmercs

On a sidenote, Darren deals with used rims and he can do pretty good respray/resto work on your rims :thumbsup:

Err i dont think he deals with rims and respray thingy, he is the audio guy for sure. You can see his show off trophy in his workshop.

OMG so embarassing!! Geeze.. my association went totally wrong!!

Darren Auto. :) Got it mixed up with another Darren also located in Toh Guan! EuroAsia Motors. Oops.

Guest leolh

Finally, I found one of our own kind...........so touching rite. Yes i m on CLC Coupe C180 too. Ya is kinda quiet here, so i decide to stir here abit!!!

lolz

haha ya man. i just sold off my bmw so got a little bit of cash to spend on modding the coupe haha any lobangs for front lights, rims and exhaust ? our stock exhaust sibei pai kua! haha

Guest blackmercs

lolz

haha ya man. i just sold off my bmw so got a little bit of cash to spend on modding the coupe haha any lobangs for front lights, rims and exhaust ? our stock exhaust sibei pai kua! haha

Oh u ex bimmer guy too. I guess there are many ex bimmer guy here. Ya man, the stock exhaust really CMI. Benzline is selling the tip and pedal sets, the cost shld be less than $70 and welding cost, around $50. I m not too worry for exhaust tip, there are plenty of shops selling in Singapore if not JB. Just grap what u like and go to the workshop and get it weld, spot weld dont full welding. Have u got yr pedal sets, Benzline got no stock. MBM not too sure, didnt call them.

As for the lights, as NewC180 bru advise, u better dont start anything. :surrender: Do you intend to do the interior cabin lights? Cheap and nice mod, i guess. I will post the pics here next time ya.

Yes Rims, i m looking for it too. Was told that W204 and W203 (our model) the offset is different. You looking for the original or crispy (replica)? The 18" replica per rim shld be around $300 plus plus, as for tyres, my kaki recommends Eagle F1 Asymmetric, per tyres around $300 plus plus too. So the set of 4 rims with tyres around $2400, bang table or chairs maybe $1800 and we go together to group buy, $1700 plus plus if not group bye!!!

Guest blackmercs

I saw a Maroon CLC Coupe on AYE this morning about 8am near to NUS. Happen to be any of you guys?

Nice car anyway!

Err i m on black and not too sure abt leolh bru. So far i think, we r the only twins here.

lolz

Guest NewC180

lolz

Oh u ex bimmer guy too. I guess there are many ex bimmer guy here. Ya man, the stock exhaust really CMI. Benzline is selling the tip and pedal sets, the cost shld be less than $70 and welding cost, around $50. I m not too worry for exhaust tip, there are plenty of shops selling in Singapore if not JB. Just grap what u like and go to the workshop and get it weld, spot weld dont full welding. Have u got yr pedal sets, Benzline got no stock. MBM not too sure, didnt call them.

As for the lights, as NewC180 bru advise, u better dont start anything. :surrender: Do you intend to do the interior cabin lights? Cheap and nice mod, i guess. I will post the pics here next time ya.

Yes Rims, i m looking for it too. Was told that W204 and W203 (our model) the offset is different. You looking for the original or crispy (replica)? The 18" replica per rim shld be around $300 plus plus, as for tyres, my kaki recommends Eagle F1 Asymmetric, per tyres around $300 plus plus too. So the set of 4 rims with tyres around $2400, bang table or chairs maybe $1800 and we go together to group buy, $1700 plus plus if not group bye!!!

Doing the lights is a nice process, just that you have to go thru lots of trial and errors and frustrations. But looking at the end results is worth it!

Keep modding!