• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Issues for C180 W205 C&C version

Hi Guys, would like share some stuff I found out online about the C180 that cycle and carriage is selling. 

I'm collecting my car soon and still ironing out some issues with my Sales Exec. Just want to check if you guys who have similar cars face the same issue.

1. No Tweeters ( read online and will be confirming this when I collect the car, SE didn't mention this to me before the sale and documents don't indicate, if we all file a complaint with CASE singapore, I think C&C will have to do something)

2. Audio 20 don't match the specs (IMPT: check your armrest console, it should come with 2 USB and 1 SD card slot) cos if it has the SD card slot, means its Garmin Pilot ready and just need to purchase the South East Asia Map. Looks like mine won't have it and I'm contesting this with the management. 

Anyone with any luck with the two above issues?

The image in the website by singapore mercedes website for C class shows, and from basic interpretation, it should have the SD slot right?

• Two USB sockets and an SD card slot in the centre armrest for external audio and video devices (in conjunction with Garmin® MAP PILOT or pre-installation for Garmin® MAP PILOT)

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.25.13 am.png

Some other info I researched also showed that our Audio 20 can support Garmin Map Pilot if we buy the add on "Option 355" attached below, its like an original part from MB to add onto the car. From what I read(which I might be wrong, hence clarifying) that inside the option, it mainly contain GPS antenna and connector to be installed in the middle dash where the centre speakers are and also an holder for 2 USB and 1 SD card slot where we put the Garmin SD card into it to activate the GPS.

However when I quizzed my SE from C&C, they only stay the only GPS is to fit a third party system with touch screen and was really unsure to the "option 355" I mentioned. 

I think C&C is not really clear when it comes to selling cars. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.36.13 am.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2016 at 0:32 AM, cavansite said:

Hi Guys, would like share some stuff I found out online about the C180 that cycle and carriage is selling. 

I'm collecting my car soon and still ironing out some issues with my Sales Exec. Just want to check if you guys who have similar cars face the same issue.

1. No Tweeters ( read online and will be confirming this when I collect the car, SE didn't mention this to me before the sale and documents don't indicate, if we all file a complaint with CASE singapore, I think C&C will have to do something)

2. Audio 20 don't match the specs (IMPT: check your armrest console, it should come with 2 USB and 1 SD card slot) cos if it has the SD card slot, means its Garmin Pilot ready and just need to purchase the South East Asia Map. Looks like mine won't have it and I'm contesting this with the management. 

Anyone with any luck with the two above issues?

The image in the website by singapore mercedes website for C class shows, and from basic interpretation, it should have the SD slot right?

• Two USB sockets and an SD card slot in the centre armrest for external audio and video devices (in conjunction with Garmin® MAP PILOT or pre-installation for Garmin® MAP PILOT)

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.25.13 am.png

Hi TS, so how did it go? what did cnc tell you?

On 09/10/2016 at 0:42 AM, cavansite said:

Some other info I researched also showed that our Audio 20 can support Garmin Map Pilot if we buy the add on "Option 355" attached below, its like an original part from MB to add onto the car. From what I read(which I might be wrong, hence clarifying) that inside the option, it mainly contain GPS antenna and connector to be installed in the middle dash where the centre speakers are and also an holder for 2 USB and 1 SD card slot where we put the Garmin SD card into it to activate the GPS.

However when I quizzed my SE from C&C, they only stay the only GPS is to fit a third party system with touch screen and was really unsure to the "option 355" I mentioned. 

I think C&C is not really clear when it comes to selling cars. 

Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.36.13 am.png

Hello cavansite,

The optional price list is in different currency. 

You bought your ride in CNC Singapore I suppose?

There're lots of option that CnC do not retrofit.

Usually if you indent with the options you get less or no "discount"

I know one member who indent his W204 FL C180 with Xenon & memory package - no discount and wait a few months for his ride to come.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Hi SKY, the screen shots are taken from South Africa Mercedes website, price quoted are in south african Rand.

Yeah, I bought my car from C&C, and SE eventually could do nothing. If you guys want to write in regarding this issue, can look for sales manager, but they usually act blur and will only respond if its from regulator.

My SE don't even know that tweeters are not included in the ride. To test them further, I asked, how to move wiper into vertical position during washing, she tell me, not sure, got to check. In the end I got the info from the user manual. 

Rand 12,900 is approximately SGD$ 1300 (option 357 the full installation)

6 hours ago, cavansite said:

Hi SKY, the screen shots are taken from South Africa Mercedes website, price quoted are in south african Rand.

Yeah, I bought my car from C&C, and SE eventually could do nothing. If you guys want to write in regarding this issue, can look for sales manager, but they usually act blur and will only respond if its from regulator.

My SE don't even know that tweeters are not included in the ride. To test them further, I asked, how to move wiper into vertical position during washing, she tell me, not sure, got to check. In the end I got the info from the user manual. 

Rand 12,900 is approximately SGD$ 1300 (option 357 the full installation)

For any option added, the price here is very high compared to other country as we needed to pay 140% ARF (1st $20k of the actual car imported price 100% ARF, those amount after $20k to $50k 140% ARF, balance amount above $50k 180% ARF). Example for options at $1300 at other country + 140% = $3120 increased in the car price here. That's why local agent like to bring in bare bare unit. 

1 hour ago, johnphua said:

For any option added, the price here is very high compared to other country as we needed to pay 140% ARF (1st $20k of the actual car imported price 100% ARF, those amount after $20k to $50k 140% ARF, balance amount above $50k 180% ARF). Example for options at $1300 at other country + 140% = $3120 increased in the car price here. That's why local agent like to bring in bare bare unit. 

thats true....for example if the item you add is GBP 500... you need to factor in a 6.2 for the price increased for tax ... so 500x6.2= S$3100