• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Apple Carplay or Android Auto

4 hours ago, VoodooEx said:

Thanks. I did it in C&C in JB for around RM850++. It is also opened for C&C SG customers as well. 

I think C&C JB are about to inundated with enquiries and bookings from sg

stock polar silver CLA180 =)

21 hours ago, petetherock said:

Bro

Do you know if this will affect the warranty? I am thinking of doing this for a B180.. thanks!

Yes it does ... but only for the warranty of the Headunit, not of the entire car.

But I have warranty with Elebest for the headunit since it was from them.

JIN

5 hours ago, JIN said:

Hi Voodoo, is yours a Command unit?

You may want to clarify with those reading that retrofitting most probably can only be done for those with Command.  At least that's what I have read up so far.

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier in this thread. Most car manufactured after July 2015 are able to be retrofited, or if you have NTG5, or in layman's term, if you have the 8" inch display and come with Command Online, likely you can installed as well.

Better get your VIN ready for them to check before committing.

9 hours ago, VoodooEx said:

Thanks. I did it in C&C in JB for around RM850++. It is also opened for C&C SG customers as well. 

Bro, that's very interesting. Since I don't have Command Online, I guess the cost is more - any idea how much for a B180? 

What's the turnover time?  

Is this the branch:

Address: 102, Jalan Bertingkat Skudai, 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Will they take booking to fix our cars and what do we need to tell them? 

Thanks

34 minutes ago, petetherock said:

Bro, that's very interesting. Since I don't have Command Online, I guess the cost is more - any idea how much for a B180? 

What's the turnover time?  

Is this the branch:

Address: 102, Jalan Bertingkat Skudai, 81200 Johor Bahru, Malaysia

Will they take booking to fix our cars and what do we need to tell them? 

Thanks

I don't think they will do it for you if you don't have command online, because need to change the whole display unit. C&C usually doesn't want to do such retrofitting. You have to try outside.

11 hours ago, VoodooEx said:

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier in this thread. Most car manufactured after July 2015 are able to be retrofited, or if you have NTG5, or in layman's term, if you have the 8" inch display and come with Command Online, likely you can installed as well.

Mine was a MY16, but unable to retrofit it as I did not originally have command as an option. So I had to change the headunit completely with command.

JIN

On 10/5/2016 at 11:05 PM, VoodooEx said:

Yeah, I've mentioned it earlier in this thread. Most car manufactured after July 2015 are able to be retrofited, or AND if you have NTG5, or AND in layman's term, if you have the 8" inch display and come with Command Online, likely you can installed as well.

Need to correct my statement a little bit here:

21 minutes ago, ACEGabz said:

Info for all the bro's who plan on going to JB to get the smartphone integration package. It is only available on A,B,CLA,GLA,E,GLE. Hence, C-class owners (like me) still have to wait :(

Any bro going to do that can give me a call, join you for kopi at the Service Centre. Haha...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Superdry said:

What option do those owners, with cars manufactured before Jul 2015 ,have for CarPlay? e.g. C Class manufactured before Jul 2015

:(

You can check out if the 3rd parties like Elebest is able to change your headunit to the new ones. If they can't, then its only mirroring ...

On 10/7/2016 at 11:33 AM, ACEGabz said:

Info for all the bro's who plan on going to JB to get the smartphone integration package. It is only available on A,B,CLA,GLA,E,GLE. Hence, C-class owners (like me) still have to wait :(

I notice these classes are all CBU, seems to me not applicable for CKD variant.