• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Apple Car Play

chenyaopeng

Any bros here know if it can be used in our car? i took delivery in August 2015. 

cant seem to get it working with my IPhone 6.

many thanks in advance!

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21059-how-to-connect-to-carplay/?hl=carplay

My alternate solution:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/16843-apple-tv-installation/?fromsearch=1

Will be upgrading to the new Apple TV when it's launched.

My alternate solution:

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/16843-apple-tv-installation/?fromsearch=1

Will be upgrading to the new Apple TV when it's launched.

nice mod! the apple tv will be hidden behind the audio 20 or glove compartment?

the one above supports reverse camera with PDC and guiding lines.

very tempting to get for my wife to use. haha.

nice mod! the apple tv will be hidden behind the audio 20 or glove compartment?

the one above supports reverse camera with PDC and guiding lines.

very tempting to get for my wife to use. haha.

My priority when searching for a suitable device to connect my iPhone was it needs to be officially Apple supported. I had iPhone mirroring before using an unofficial third party device. After upgrading to a newer iOS, I realise I was not able to connect my iPhone or iPad anymore. Apple blocked the unauthorised third party connection. In the end, choose the Apple TV as the safest device. Don't think Apple will be blocking connectivity to their own device.

My priority when searching for a suitable device to connect my iPhone was it needs to be officially Apple supported. I had iPhone mirroring before using an unofficial third party device. After upgrading to a newer iOS, I realise I was not able to connect my iPhone or iPad anymore. Apple blocked the unauthorised third party connection. In the end, choose the Apple TV as the safest device. Don't think Apple will be blocking connectivity to their own device.

That's true. Future proof upgrading for iOS device.

• 1 year later...

Hi Gents,

Its been few months already since last update on this Apple carplay topic.

Anyone has the latest or good news if our CLA180 can enjoy this feature by C&C any sooner?

If this can be done by Mercedez in JB branch, why C&C not doing this? Technical or comnercial?

I only worry if this is done at Mercedes in JB, will it void C&C warranty in singapore?

Cheers.

8 hours ago, kentong18 said:

Hi Gents,

Its been few months already since last update on this Apple carplay topic.

Anyone has the latest or good news if our CLA180 can enjoy this feature by C&C any sooner?

If this can be done by Mercedez in JB branch, why C&C not doing this? Technical or comnercial?

I only worry if this is done at Mercedes in JB, will it void C&C warranty in singapore?

Cheers.

Which year is your cla180? Think 2016 onwards are supported for the addon. 

Doubt cnc is keen to do after sales addon other than rims. 

U can check with Elebest after ur warranty end. 

• 2 months later...

Hi Bro DarkSaint..

Sorry for my late response..

My car was delivered Sep 16, which I booked back in.Apr.16.

This verson.of.SB (lotus rear light) do not have Carplay as a add on by CnC.

Haha..so it pains me when.i drive off my 'new' SB, CnC already marketing facelift that comes with multi colour backlit and carplay .. 

Even when my SB command unit fan gets loud and a new unit was changed in Apr 17, I did make enquiry with them if the Carplay feature can be enabled,  they say no up-date from HQ leh..so I.guess they.dont really care too much about after sales...which Audi does very well in this aspect..hopefully we can get some update sooner than later..that will be gd news for.us..

Even.my.son.comment no.airplay.not cool:-& 

Any bros.heard any positive news?