• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine Check Light

wlien

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you have a piggyback?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

I am curious what is the error message if there is any?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Experience of the mech is taken into consideration.... When he says it is... He is normally not very far off.... Do you happen to have difficulty starting your ride? Especially in the morning?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

Experience of the mech is taken into consideration.... When he says it is... He is normally not very far off.... Do you happen to have difficulty starting your ride? Especially in the morning?

Bro my CEL just came on this morning for no reason... everything seems fine. Can I check with you who your mechanic is and how much he would charge? I may just do a servicing at the same time. Can PM me if you feel its better... Thanks!

I sent my car back to Cycle and Carriage. They checked the oxygen sensor and reset the software. Also told me that I need to use only RON98 fuel. No charge as still under warranty. So far the no more issues after 2000km.

I sent my car back to Cycle and Carriage. They checked the oxygen sensor and reset the software. Also told me that I need to use only RON98 fuel. No charge as still under warranty. So far the no more issues after 2000km.

I thought the minimum for our car is RON 95... this means our car cannot go north ar? they only have RON 97 at some stations... and even that is not available now apparently.  :startle:

• 1 month later...

It's been 9000 km since the Oxygen Sensor has been cleaned and the piggyback unit re installed, so far the Engine Check light has not come on again. Guess it's really caused by not using Ron 98 fuel.

• 4 months later...

It's been 9000 km since the Oxygen Sensor has been cleaned and the piggyback unit re installed, so far the Engine Check light has not come on again. Guess it's really caused by not using Ron 98 fuel.

hi,

my Engine Check light on today and went off after 15 min drive, cnc recommend Ron 98 too.

May I ask you have been using Ron 98 to resolve the issue?

mine is B-class W246.

thank you.

That is the standard advice given by CNC. I had been using Ron 98 when the Engine Check Light came on again. Eventually the issue was because the Thermostat was faulty.

noted and thank you.. I will try once Vpower.. see how...

• 1 year later...

Just to share ... Couple of weeks back, the dreaded light came on for a few days, disappeared for a day, came back on again for another 2 days. The car is less than 7 months old, less than 2800 km. Managed to send it in this morning and after analyzing ... the conclusion is fuel / air mix n the solution is pump 98 ... i would have thought the ecu is capable of adjusting the mix ... anyway, am told to try 98 and monitor. Hmmmn