• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

08 W211 Journey - Greetings to Bros & Sis

ckcorona

Bro ckcorona,

It has been really "educational" for me reading your blog from Post #1 to Post #124.

I am thinking of getting a 1997 W211 E200...can help to give some tips what to lookout for during test drive?

Thank you.

1997 got W211 ?

Sorry, should be 2006...already purchased the car...thank you.

Hi bro iMac,

Congrats on your purchase. 06, did u renew Coe or just wanna have a short term drive?

It's actually a really nice traditional merc mod that I liked very much, space and comfort is a plus point.

• Like 1

Hi bro iMac,

Congrats on your purchase. 06, did u renew Coe or just wanna have a short term drive?

It's actually a really nice traditional merc mod that I liked very much, space and comfort is a plus point.

Thanks ckcorona,

As I just got hold of this car, I am still evaluating if it is worth to renew COE in July16 .(6 more months to go)

I am impressed with your DIY on throttle body cleaning, thinking of doing it myself one of this weekend.

Do you still have the before/after video of the DIY ? Hope I can learn from the video.

Thank you.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Only have the pic in the front few pages. But I guess there some workshop offering this service at 50-60bucks. Let them do it safer, anything they will be responsible. Like me, now car down after second cleaning on eve of new yr. now temp loan car from my sis for a few days. But workshop did warned me diagnostic showed TB registered a fault. Maybe I suay, clean Liao kaput.

Thanks ckcorona,

As I just got hold of this car, I am still evaluating if it is worth to renew COE in July16 .(6 more months to go)

I am impressed with your DIY on throttle body cleaning, thinking of doing it myself one of this weekend.

Do you still have the before/after video of the DIY ? Hope I can learn from the video.

Thank you.

IMHO, not worth to renew COE as the parf value is quite high

Plenty of E200 scrapping soon, you can change car every 6 months :)

btw, how much did you get it above parf  for a 6moths left E200 ?

• 1 month later...

Hello W211 Gurus,

Like bro iMac, I must concur that it's been absolutely an "educational" read on bro ckcorona post here for this fabulous model.

Myself eyeing to get a COE year 2006 facelift W211 E200 model after driving a reliable Jap stationwagon for past 9.5yrs.

Owing to financial constraints, any <10yr old Merc is beyond my reach for now but I would gladly to settle with this for next 5 yrs or so as it's still a prestigious model after all.

Would anyone be able to offer some tips (things to look out for) during test drive?

I am planning to get it checked by AAS (full evaluation report) to spot for any issues before proceeding.

Will be an exciting journey as this will be my first ever Merc to start with.

Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA.

Hello W211 Gurus,

Like bro iMac, I must concur that it's been absolutely an "educational" read on bro ckcorona post here for this fabulous model.

Myself eyeing to get a COE year 2006 facelift W211 E200 model after driving a reliable Jap stationwagon for past 9.5yrs.

Owing to financial constraints, any <10yr old Merc is beyond my reach for now but I would gladly to settle with this for next 5 yrs or so as it's still a prestigious model after all.

Would anyone be able to offer some tips (things to look out for) during test drive?

I am planning to get it checked by AAS (full evaluation report) to spot for any issues before proceeding.

Will be an exciting journey as this will be my first ever Merc to start with.

Any help will be much appreciated.

TIA.

Welcome to the Forum.

If you are looking at renew COE, do consider 10 years instead of 5 years.

Thanks bro iMac.

For the advise. In the end I settled for an 2007 E230 with another dealer instead as the initial E200 which was due for COE renewal, dealer not providing any warranty at all. Buying as in condition. I thought "all" used car are supposed to be protected under lemon law?

Thanks bro iMac.

For the advise. In the end I settled for an 2007 E230 with another dealer instead as the initial E200 which was due for COE renewal, dealer not providing any warranty at all. Buying as in condition. I thought "all" used car are supposed to be protected under lemon law? . The E230 will come with 6 months warranty on engine/transmission as written in sales agreement. Expecting to drive it home next week. Haha.

Will be looking forward to share with all the experts here on the W211 E230.

Does anyone know if there's an Aux input for 3.5mm Jack connection at front dash power socket area or any Bluetooth telephony connectivity?

TIA

No sure about your E230.

Mine is located inside the front-passenger-glove-box.

189704d1281858329-3-5mm-audio-jack-rerou

• 10 months later...
On 6/17/2014 at 9:44 AM, CarCrazy said:

Hi, there are 2 more components to go in the engine bay.

Most common is the power steering pump. You can turn your steering and listen if the sound is much louder.

Next will be the big thing Supercharger (I assume yours is the 1.8L).  The oil inside the supercharger can be change. It is a special supercharger oil by Mercedes. You cannot put in any other oil and the volume is very little like 200ml.

Maybe it is easier to just rev the engine with bonnet open, then get someone to listen where it come from. Either power steering or Supercharger.

However, check your power steering fluid 1st. All Mercedes regardless of model consume power steering oil.

All W211 Bros,

Anyone had changed your Supercharger Oil? It seem like an easy DIY job....

Did some more research into Supercharger oil, some interesting finding, would like to share with you guys...

Some overseas Merc Forumer mentioned that their supercharger were totally dried when they did they oil change.

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/389696-supercharger-oil-change-2.html

Ebay seller for the supercharger oil.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eaton-M45-supercharger-oil-refill-kit-Mercedes-C-Class-SLK-C230-C320-SLK230-/160682456289

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keltanky said:

so approximate 80,000 KM changed supercharger oil? maybe different region different specs due to environment?

I am not too sure as there is nothing on the manual about Supercharger Oil change.

I was kind of hoping some senior guys here could advise on this topic.

Alternatively, can write in to C&C to check if there is any requirement to change the oil?

**Side note::: I am just having this thought that some brothers compliant on their Supercharger noisy (whining, roaring), could it be due to old oil, or worst...shortage of oil in the supercharger.?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2017 at 9:15 PM, CH_OldMerc said:

Hi,

Mine is a N.A. V6 engine so can't give much advise.  Sori..

Below link could help somewhat, I hope:

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/389696-supercharger-oil-change.html

Thanks for the link.

I will DIY Oil Change for my supercharger once I got hold of all the necessary parts....:jig:

• 3 years later...
On 7/11/2014 at 11:17 AM, ckcorona said:

Went to a workshop in the east for whining sound trouble shooting. They are nice ppl, despite me just popping by, they test drove the car and also use something similar like a stethoscope to pin point the sound. Belt was removed with running engine and the car was so much quieter. Main culprit is the supercharger pulley and also slight noise from ps pulley. They said it's common for e200k and even demonstrated another e200k with a even louder whine. Boh pian, guess my ears are more sensitive. Unless able to change the bearing on the SC, else not worth to shelf out a few k just to replace the whole sc and dunno how long it will remain quiet.

hi have been following this recently as Ive acquired a 2006 w211 and live in east. may I ask what workshop you refer to here? maybe  can go there for my servicing and others..