• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W221 s class Aux

Mercs

Hi this is my first post. Hope to get some help from the experienced merc driver.

I bought a W221s class last year. My aux input is in the glove compartment. I have a USB port and a video and audio port (the one with red, yellow and white colored jack. When I connect my iPhone 4 using the USB port, incompatible device appears on the command aps. If I connect the iPhone using aux cable (one end is 3.5" jack to the iPhone and the end to the white colored jack) the system does not see the device.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Anyway to work round it? Thanks in advance.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi this is my first post. Hope to get some help from the experienced merc driver.

I bought a W221s class last year. My aux input is in the glove compartment. I have a USB port and a video and audio port (the one with red, yellow and white colored jack. When I connect my iPhone 4 using the USB port, incompatible device appears on the command aps. If I connect the iPhone using aux cable (one end is 3.5" jack to the iPhone and the end to the white colored jack) the system does not see the device.

Does anyone have similar experiences? Anyway to work round it? Thanks in advance.

Check with our site sponsor camber53 aka Gregory what you have and he should be able to advise you further.

I believe he's currently away in Macau and should be back soon.

His hp: 96680053

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Just a quick question how do u connect iphone 4 to the aux in w221? Thanx in advance

I do not know what you actually have in your glove compartment.

Do U have just a 3.5mm Aux input or UCI that comes with 3 cables i.e 1 for iPod/iPhone, 1 for USB & 1 for 3.5mm Aux

Cheers

I have USB port and port with 3 input (red,yellow and white) a RCA port is that what it is called?

Not familiar with what you have!

Best check with site sponsor camber53 aka Gregory

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Got it sorted just needed a 3 way composite cable: 30 pin connector, RCA connector with a USB port to charge the phone

Thanks.

Bought similar cable - at mustafa.

Can can play/view stored video (but not youtube) and music/sound files only.

Anyone know how to view the pictures/games stored in the iphone?

• 2 years later...

Hi all.. im from malaysia, often drive down to singapore, im having the same aux issue. Managed to get my aux enabled and am playing audio with rca connector with 3.5mm jack. There is no usb slot and imi.. Was wondering if anybody has a solution that can enable me to control audio from the steering and is it possible to install a usb interface.