• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Dr Hannson's Throttle Response Device, what mode are you on?

leftfield

Had it installed last night and I'm currently on sports (red) +2. For those of you using the same, what is your preferred mode so far? Kum sia!!!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I'm usually on the lowest Orange -3, unless I'm in the mood to go fast.

Of course. No matter what, it's still a boost unless you go onto Eco mode. Usual drive for me don't need that much torque. Lowest -3 is sufficient enough and provides a smooth acceleration, plus FC doesn't get affected.

Of course. No matter what, it's still a boost unless you go onto Eco mode. Usual drive for me don't need that much torque. Lowest -3 is sufficient enough and provides a smooth acceleration, plus FC doesn't get affected.

Orange is sports right? As in Eco - Green, Sports - Orange, Race - Red?

I tried Eco +3, still more responsive than stock!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Orange is sports right? As in Eco - Green, Sports - Orange, Race - Red?

I tried Eco +3, still more responsive than stock!

Yup, correct.

how much is the throttle thing? though of buying and doing a DIY.

Please search through DrHannson's thread. His prices are very transparent and is all listed there.

• 3 weeks later...

I also got it installed this week, started with Sports, found too jerky, moved down to Eco+3, now settling with Eco+2. Great mod! Combined Hannson's piggyback, I'm now loving my ride even more.

• Like 1

I also got it installed this week, started with Sports, found too jerky, moved down to Eco+3, now settling with Eco+2. Great mod! Combined Hannson's piggyback, I'm now loving my ride even more.

What car are you driving?

I'm having mine done soon too!

Please refer to previous thread on this topic, there is plenty of detailed information which is much more than I can provide with my 2 cents worth. There is even dyno report.

In short, my honest reply to your questions are:

Do you feel much improvement from stock? Oh yes! for me...definitely.

Where do you put the TRD controller? It's all up to you where you prefer it, if you're the sort who likes to play with the setting frequently, I suggest placing it somewhere accessible and safe to adjust. For me, once I like a setting, will likely leave it as it is for some time, so I have it away from visibility (under the steering column)

Is it attached with double sided tape? Yes.

Please refer to previous thread on this topic, there is plenty of detailed information which is much more than I can provide with my 2 cents worth. There is even dyno report.

In short, my honest reply to your questions are:

Do you feel much improvement from stock? Oh yes! for me...definitely.

Where do you put the TRD controller? It's all up to you where you prefer it, if you're the sort who likes to play with the setting frequently, I suggest placing it somewhere accessible and safe to adjust. For me, once I like a setting, will likely leave it as it is for some time, so I have it away from visibility (under the steering column)

Is it attached with double sided tape? Yes.

Thanks for your response, I just wanted your personal comments as each car is different and each dyno is also different. It would be good if you would provide comments as time goes along, for example on fuel consumption effects etc. I shall do the same once mine is installed in a few weeks from now. Then we can compare notes as well as provide information to fellow forumers. :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...

Just got it installed today. Response is so much better than stock. Tried on sport, too responsive till the car jerk too much at low gear. In the end, trying on Eco +3. This seems to be right. Monitoring ....

I started with Eco+3 but either I am getting used to it or the TRD is changing its response but I moved to Orange -3, then Orange -2 and now Orange -1, and still feel that it is not THAT responsive. Do any of you guys have this feeling or is there something wrong with me (my right foot getting too used to it) or my TRD unit is faulty?

• 5 months later...

Been thinking whether to install the TRD after listening to all the yeas and nays from the bros here. Finally, got it installed today. Got it set to orange 1 and the pick up is fantastic. A fun mod to have.

Ps. noted the last post by bro Pacman is last Oct. I am so behind time. Lol.

No bro... I still haven't install mine.... wanted to do it for so long... But still haven't got chance to do it....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill