• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

kompressor VS CGI

alvin89

@sapporobier hows the fuel efficiency for u?

almost as good as the 1.4 vw jetta, on the highway. My comparision from paya lebar to woodlands, almost same road condition, speed, timing. A regular trip i make. The FL c180k gives me 8.3l/100km, 1.6T gives 6.4l/100km. Vw 1.4T haha 6l/100km. This is based on screen returns.

thanks for the info!!

almost as good as the 1.4 vw jetta, on the highway. My comparision from paya lebar to woodlands, almost same road condition, speed, timing. A regular trip i make. The FL c180k gives me 8.3l/100km, 1.6T gives 6.4l/100km. Vw 1.4T haha 6l/100km. This is based on screen returns.

No lah. I take MRT to work. My wife use the car.

Yes, due credit has to be given to the 2 extra gears as well. The change to a higer gear is quite fast thus ensuring smoothness.

I have not tried the CGI 5 speed Turbo, thus my opinion may not be accurate.

But personal experience with the VW (thus comparision with MB technology may not be accurate) I had the VW 1.4TSI and when VW loaned me the 1.4(A), both with 7G Dual Clutch, the difference was noticeable. :)

I just got my C180 CGI ... but there is a few things i would like to know... Is the label at the rear of the car states 7 - Gtronic ? And also it does not have the blue effieciency label .

7-G tronic on the backside and Blue Efficiency Label on the side somewhere between the front doors and the front wheel. You have something else?

I just got my C180 CGI ... but there is a few things i would like to know... Is the label at the rear of the car states 7 - Gtronic ? And also it does not have the blue effieciency label .

what year is your car registered?

• 2 weeks later...

Thinking of changing my 1year old C180K 5-speed, which has clocked 50,000km already, for the C180CGI 7G-Tronic. Is it advisable?

Wow... Shane.. you must be doing very good in sales... my Loh lee also never go past 40k per year.. u can hit 50...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Thinking of changing my 1year old C180K 5-speed, which has clocked 50,000km already, for the C180CGI 7G-Tronic. Is it advisable?

Shane, if the trade-in that C&C gives to you is good, more than covers your depreciation and keeping in mind the COE increase compared to 1 year ago, then go for it. For myself, I did not regret.

Wow... Shane.. you must be doing very good in sales... my Loh lee also never go past 40k per year.. u can hit 50...

Hehe, bo pian ler. I actually live in JB, and drive in and out of Malaysia all the time. Apart from that, sometimes I use my Merc to do deliveries. Imagine in a typical factory's loading/unloading bay, u see a MB car parked beside an MB Loh lee! LOL

Shane, if the trade-in that C&C gives to you is good, more than covers your depreciation and keeping in mind the COE increase compared to 1 year ago, then go for it. For myself, I did not regret.

Got it. Thanks for the advice! =)

No lah. I take MRT to work. My wife use the car.

Yes, due credit has to be given to the 2 extra gears as well. The change to a higer gear is quite fast thus ensuring smoothness.

I have not tried the CGI 5 speed Turbo, thus my opinion may not be accurate.

But personal experience with the VW (thus comparision with MB technology may not be accurate) I had the VW 1.4TSI and when VW loaned me the 1.4(A), both with 7G Dual Clutch, the difference was noticeable. :)

Hi, is the new 1.6 7G single or dual clutch? If it is dual clutch does it have the same problem like VW car when on slope?