• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SL63 AMG

nokiaddc

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I bought a new SL500 in 2003 from C&C. Fitted it with AMG kit and 19inch multipiece wheels. 255/35R19s front and 285/30R19s rear. The car looked great. Drove

like a dream and the folding hard top worked really well. Engine and gearbox were problem free, but the ABC suspension was prone to creaking and leaking. That

aside, I enjoyed my 5 years of ownership. One of the best cars I ever owned.

The problem I faced when selling it was the low low price it fetched. Bought the car for $460k, plus AMG kit and rims $15k. Omv was 130k if I remembered correctly.

Mileage 30k km. Sold the car for 205k. Huge depreciation.

I think AMG cars are fanstastic. But looking at their Omv and selling price, not going to fetch good resale value. Same with BMW M cars.

Nope. Coe was neglible compared to cost of car. For sure Coe price in 2003 was much lower than in 2008 when I sold the SL for my GTR.

Now I remember,,,COE for my GTR in June 2008 was only 18k.

What I meant was that with Omv of only 130k , the SL had a big profit margin for C&C