• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

60k Servicing - brakes, batteries

ping911

Need to change battery soon so I called up the mobile battery guy eric, think his prices went up now $220 for the battery if you go to him for the amron 74din. Seem a tad aloof when I chatted with him and didn't bother to provide much in the way of advise so I don't think I'd go with him.

A buddy of mine just changed his battery gave me a contact a bit cheaper and using bosch.

United Motor Trading Call Francis at 67863266

74 DIN Bosch @ $187.25 inc gst (caution they like to quote WITHOUT gst dunno why)

Address is Blk 9004 Tamp St 93 #0176 S(528838)

Once again i have no personal interest in any of these business just sharing with the bros here on ways to save $ as motoring already so damn ex. Cheers and happy holidays to all ! 

Thanks bro, my car now clocked 73k km still haven't change my car battery since my car registered, I tink it's about time, ur post came juz in time.

• 8 months later...

Final Update

Battery - changed to Amaron Pro DIN 74. Schedules with mobile guy did not match, so went to Nam Wah Battery. Cost $200 including GST & Labor. Job done in 15mins.

Original Merc Parts from Min Ghee

- Front Brake Disc, Vented x2 $220

- Rear Brake Disc x2 $160

- Front Brake Pad $110

- Rear Brake Pad $90

- Brake Fluid 2 x 500ml $20

- Brake Wear Sensor x 2 $13

TOTAL + GST = $655

Brakes replacement labor at StarBlack = $295, including GST

TOTAL = $1,150

SAVINGS = $750

Thanks guys for all the help. I took the pictures of all the part numbers. In case you need them do, let me know, and I can post them somewhere. Overall, everything went very easily.

A little field report on the Amaron Pro Din 74 batteries. Seems like it was not the correct amperes. I had problems once in a while with starting the car. Finally got the batteries changed to back to original last week. May want to reconsider the Amaron batteries.

• 5 weeks later...

Need to change battery soon so I called up the mobile battery guy eric, think his prices went up now $220 for the battery if you go to him for the amron 74din. Seem a tad aloof when I chatted with him and didn't bother to provide much in the way of advise so I don't think I'd go with him.

A buddy of mine just changed his battery gave me a contact a bit cheaper and using bosch.

United Motor Trading Call Francis at 67863266

74 DIN Bosch @ $187.25 inc gst (caution they like to quote WITHOUT gst dunno why)

Address is Blk 9004 Tamp St 93 #0176 S(528838)

Once again i have no personal interest in any of these business just sharing with the bros here on ways to save $ as motoring already so damn ex. Cheers and happy holidays to all !

Can get the Bosch battery at $185 nett just nearby. :)

• 8 months later...

those cars with start-stop function should be using AGM-tech batts and more ex ($400+ VS $250). Fyi.

( :

Hi chershen, are those prices C&C prices? what is VS? :-)

My stock battery is 27 months old, will die anytime.

• 6 months later...

was ask only to leave it overnight, but imho, any requirement to leave car overnight for regular servicing is not palatable for most drivers since outside workshops can turnaround car even conti ones within the same day and at a much lower cost... C&C should review this

hence i went for outside workshop

• Like 1

Unfortunately mine is still under warranty, have to go back.

was ask only to leave it overnight, but imho, any requirement to leave car overnight for regular servicing is not palatable for most drivers since outside workshops can turnaround car even conti ones within the same day and at a much lower cost... C&C should review this

hence i went for outside workshop

• 2 months later...

those cars with start-stop function should be using AGM-tech batts and more ex ($400+ VS $250). Fyi.

( :

Hi bro, my W204 7G is approaching 28 months, C&C will likely ask me to change out the stock batt during the 60k servicing. No issues on cranking so far.

Need your advice if this AGM tech battery is only available on Varta?

It is interesting to note the stock battery installed in my ride is a Varta 80AH model. There is a label "VRLA / AGM" on the battery, so I think I'd better do some homework on this. Thanks

Hi bro, my W204 7G is approaching 28 months, C&C will likely ask me to change out the stock batt during the 60k servicing. No issues on cranking so far.

Need your advice if this AGM tech battery is only available on Varta?

It is interesting to note the stock battery installed in my ride is a Varta 80AH model. There is a label "VRLA / AGM" on the battery, so I think I'd better do some homework on this. Thanks

i am using hoppecke 80AH for my w204. original stock is Varta 80AH