• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

'Change Key Battery' Message

Hi Bros, Got this message on my dad's E250 sedan. Changed the battery in the key oredi but the message still remains. Do I need to reset the computer to remove the error message and if so any way to do it or must go back to AD?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have changed the key battery, its just the message 'Change key battery' still comes on. Anybody can help?

U changed one key or both? Where did u purchase the battery from? Daiso?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Jazza,

I have the same problem with my E200K. MB Workshop at Pandan Loop recommend to use VARTA or PANASONIC batteries. Try them and see.

I did not bother yet because I can still start the car and use the Key without any problem. I just disregard the Alert Message.

All the best.

To Bros with the 'Change Key Battery' message for Keyless-Go Mercs. What I did was to use the buttons on the remote key to lock and unlock the car instead of using the Keyless method. Had to do for both keys. Anyway, the message went away and hasn't been back! :D

• 4 weeks later...