• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stock Muffler Operation?

APR C180

Was offered abt 250 to operate the exhaust, downtime 3hrs. Operation will be done on the upper surface thus claimed to be undetectable. HP gained promised, butt feel probably on the mid to high range but I guess will be better with air filter change.

Anyway, contemplated, opted out cos it WILL get louder plus if detected, there goes your warranty.

Why I know that ?

I did a major mod. I change the whole original C200 exhuast to a C63 exhaust + the full Kleeman piggy back + kleeman belt + Extractor + high flow cat

and C&C did not cancel my warranty.

and during the 3yrs period I did afew claims.

including a alternator change (was told if to buy the alternator it will cost me $2500)

and also some parts around the front steering that create sounds during my full steering.

Was offered abt 250 to operate the exhaust, downtime 3hrs. Operation will be done on the upper surface thus claimed to be undetectable. HP gained promised, butt feel probably on the mid to high range but I guess will be better with air filter change.

Anyway, contemplated, opted out cos it WILL get louder plus if detected, there goes your warranty.

Yes LTA usually will not see the welding marks on the top cos ,

most of the time during inspection they will just view your muffler box from the bottom.

but theres a way to know if u have mod your muffler box.

a very easy way.

Just use a Touch light and shine into the pipe.

if u can see a pipe longer than 30cm, that means that u had modified your muffler box

Usually a original muffler box will have tubes or pipes not longer than 10cm.

and there are afew (maybe 4-5pips) within the muffler box.

The muffler box are separated into 3-4 compartments by plates.

and each compartments are connect to each other by pipes

and the pipes are arrange one on left and one one right and the other on left and so on.

so that air will not travel straight thought the box.

The air will have to move left and right and left and so on inorder to exit the muffler box.

and how do the shop mod your muffler box?

They will cut the top of the box and remove all the plates and pipes in the box.

They will then weld a pipe around 30-40cm long (depending how big is your box)

pipe will be welded from one end of the box to the other end.

Theres alot of small holes on this pipe.

After the 30-40cm pipe is welded.

they will stuff Stainless stain mesh into the box

this mesh are use to reduce the sound and damp the vibrations.

• Like 1

Yes, $400 for both mod (centre & rear)

What did u do in the Centre?

u remove the CAT?

I try removing the CAT before, but the 1st CAT that is closest to the Extractor.

the Engine check light appears.

so it seems that only can remove the 2nd cat. the cat just after the Air sensor.

but did engine check light appear after u remove the 2nd cat?

What did u do in the Centre?

u remove the CAT?

I try removing the CAT before, but the 1st CAT that is closest to the Extractor.

the Engine check light appears.

so it seems that only can remove the 2nd cat. the cat just after the Air sensor.

but did engine check light appear after u remove the 2nd cat?

Yes i remove the second cat and its fine.

• 3 months later...

Yeah, I mod on mine W211 and the mid is superb. Only set back is the noise. Slightly louder than stk. I am looking for a stk 2nd Cat and the stk muffler. Exchange is welcome.

Text me if u like to exchange.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Bro, how does it sound? Low end very bad?

Can meetup and have a look? Kopi on me.

i did mine at FK also. i replace with a whole stainless steel pipes and stainless steel muffler box and AMG quad tips all at a fraction of the cost for a approve pipe. =)