• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shutterbugs fall in!

yc3333

And I like to take pictures of people and sometimes I enjoy doing this using old manual focus lenses such as the Nikkor AI 50mm f/1.4 I used for this shot of my visiting Korean friend.

Im learning to shoot portraits now, so much harder than landscape. Especially when you have to deal with temperamental model

I prefer to take natural shots of people rather than poses. The expressions on their faces are worlds apart.

Must learn from Terry Richardson. He does that and so much more hahaha.

terry_richardson_sisley_2001_2.jpg

• Like 2

iPhone 4 has got some pretty amazing optics, though the stitch is not perfect but more than adequate for everyday use

Yeah man, it's a pretty powerful tool of convenience in the pocket. Products like this do change the way we think about shooting.

Looks like all the shutterbugs are surfacing with their work after a little coaxing. Nice work guys keep it coming.

I prefer to take natural shots of people rather than poses. The expressions on their faces are worlds apart.

Yes - I also prefer the natural shot - be it from someone you know or a stranger on the street. I don't think I have the patience for portraits - only for snapshots.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

iPhone 4 has got some pretty amazing optics, though the stitch is not perfect but more than adequate for everyday use

Great improvement compared to the 3GS' cam. I've also heard it can do amazing videos as well!

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Must learn from Terry Richardson. He does that and so much more hahaha.

I read about Terry - this guy can just use a simple point and shoot film camera like the Yashica T4 to do a fashion shoot- amazing! Here's a youtube vid of him talking about it-

[media=]

[/media]

Vinyl Is Sexy!

I read about Terry - this guy can just use a simple point and shoot film camera like the Yashica T4 to do a fashion shoot- amazing! Here's a youtube vid of him talking about it-

Sigh.. the magic eye indeed. He is the anti-thesis of haute photography and the darling of the fashion industry.

I kinda like his in your face work. Also love Ellen von Unwerth. Powerful imagery.

6a0133f26cfdd8970b01538f4ccccf970b-500wi.jpeg

I old fashioned. Annie Leibovitz's portraits do it for me

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Into strobes? Can share your lighting setup for this one?

Evening sun and alot of photoshop hahahaha.

I'm a total noob at strobes. Would love to experiment one day.

^^Suaku me never knew they had a river cruise! Is this a water wheel of some sort ? Night colors are always nice. :)

Ahh the power of PS.. I'm experimenting with strobes now, usually will meet up with some kakis and bring along our flashes to play

That's nice. Hope to join you one day if you don't mind just to look see look see!

I'm in the midst of some reno project now so hopefully after July ;)

That's nice. Hope to join you one day if you don't mind just to look see look see!

We should come out and shoot someday, after your reno.. I'm no pro in strobes, just bring along your flashes then we can experiment together.

^^Suaku me never knew they had a river cruise! Is this a water wheel of some sort ? Night colors are always nice. :)

This is the replica water wheel from the Melaka Sultanate. The cruise was something our hosts said we should take or else I wouldn't have gone on it. After all - it's not a very wide river but still overall it was a pleasant evening's ride between an satay celup dinner and ikan bakar supper.

If you'd like to shoot butterflies then target the last Saturday morning in August at Hort Park. If wanna shoot peeps then look out for any big free outdoor event where you can just wander in. I'm targetting a youth music festival on 22-24 June for this.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

This is the replica water wheel from the Melaka Sultanate. The cruise was something our hosts said we should take or else I wouldn't have gone on it. After all - it's not a very wide river but still overall it was a pleasant evening's ride between an satay celup dinner and ikan bakar supper.

If you'd like to shoot butterflies then target the last Saturday morning in August at Hort Park. If wanna shoot peeps then look out for any big free outdoor event where you can just wander in. I'm targetting a youth music festival on 22-24 June for this.

Alrighty thanks for the tip! Seems that you keep some sort of calendar of events to plan your mode of attack!! :)

Alrighty thanks for the tip! Seems that you keep some sort of calendar of events to plan your mode of attack!! :)

Haha - not really lah. Just taking note of opportunities to practise. I must say that my major inspiration from this thread has been yc3333's pics - I'm now inspired to dig out that ND filter and tripod soon and go play play with them.

• Like 2

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Haha - not really lah. Just taking note of opportunities to practise. I must say that my major inspiration from this thread has been yc3333's pics - I'm now inspired to dig out that ND filter and tripod soon and go play play with them.

I'm still learning everyday too. :)

Anyways, anyone keen on landscapes? Sunrise or sunset?