• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shutterbugs fall in!

yc3333

everyone either super serious old skool or super casual.

Micro Four Thirds anyone?

It's catching on with manufacturers...

Jewish cats on LX-3..

4329751906_c69e005d13_b.jpg

everyone either super serious old skool or super casual.

Micro Four Thirds anyone?

I was looking at the m4/3 as a light weekend shoot option, my old back is protesting everytime I lug my stuff out. However, I am too invested in canon system so i decided against to get another system... Am hoping that the upcoming canon mirrorless would be able to support EF mounts and flashes.

Rangefinders are nice but not being so young means eyesight not that great and having to exclude oneself from them. I tried using a Leica CL but my eyes really CMI!

ya man i know what you mean.. recently i've been taking a long time to focus because I can't tell whether I've focused properly or not! ;p

5996884243_7e19ff0266.jpg

This one got no time to frame properly...

5996896823_041163f0be.jpg

This one don't even have time to focus...

5997439460_a8c7a58d37.jpg

and this is for forumers who have different inclinations.

• Like 1

^^ European summer makes for interesting shooting!

I thought the gay's meetup!!

Macro shot with 100 mm IS L

5645088088_11685b9287_b.jpg

MNDCCT04111209 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Tyn Church Prague Oly EP-1

6835476073_1cebae9315_b.jpg

Europe2012-1531P by Thedi David, on Flickr

I was looking at the m4/3 as a light weekend shoot option, my old back is protesting everytime I lug my stuff out. However, I am too invested in canon system so i decided against to get another system... Am hoping that the upcoming canon mirrorless would be able to support EF mounts and flashes.

I am sorry to say I never regret buying camera like when I bought my EP-1 it very difficult to use and image quality beyond ISO 400 is lousy, flash metering always lousy. I tried to upgrade to EP-3 but it still not convince me it will leap forward from my EP-1 so end up buying Nikon V1 and very happy with it althought the sensor is half m4/3.

Based on my experience started with Canon film camera EOS3 then when DSLR comes out switch to Nikon D100/D2h then went crazy switch to Minolta forced to upgrade to Sony and finally back to Canon again. I can say Nikon gives the best user experience and Sony is the crappiest one. Image wise I am not nitpicking, all cameras can produce good image in certain condition and each has own limit.

Actually a lot of Leica users in Singapore are hobbyist, who pampers their cameras and treat it with care. Some of these have extremely low SC which is actually a good deal if you intend to get it 2nd hand. Either go for M7 (film though) or the M9, skip the M8.

Used M9s are quite affordable now, with the M10 coming soon, or is it unveiled already?

100% agree with you. Having Leica is like driving Merc/BMW the snob factor is there.

But personally I don't like Leica at all :)

OMG... I am the only Nikon user here... LOL...

422073_3321084154973_1504389814_2980501_1459075872_n.jpg

Taken at the recent Singapore Air Show 2012.

Uncle Batam also Nikon supporter! You're not alone!

Macro shot with 100 mm IS L

5645088088_11685b9287_b.jpg

MNDCCT04111209 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Tyn Church Prague Oly EP-1

6835476073_1cebae9315_b.jpg

Europe2012-1531P by Thedi David, on Flickr

I am sorry to say I never regret buying camera like when I bought my EP-1 it very difficult to use and image quality beyond ISO 400 is lousy, flash metering always lousy. I tried to upgrade to EP-3 but it still not convince me it will leap forward from my EP-1 so end up buying Nikon V1 and very happy with it althought the sensor is half m4/3.

Based on my experience started with Canon film camera EOS3 then when DSLR comes out switch to Nikon D100/D2h then went crazy switch to Minolta forced to upgrade to Sony and finally back to Canon again. I can say Nikon gives the best user experience and Sony is the crappiest one. Image wise I am not nitpicking, all cameras can produce good image in certain condition and each has own limit.

The leap forward for Olympus m43 is with the OMD. This is where I see major improvement in usable high iso: better image stabilisation and finally a built-in EVF - all in a tough but light weather sealed body. Before I didn't even like shooting at iso800 but now i have very usable iso2000 as in the pussie picture I posted. I'm glad I skipped the E-P3 and E-PL3 and waited for this.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

The leap forward for Olympus m43 is with the OMD. This is where I see major improvement in usable high iso: better image stabilisation and finally a built-in EVF - all in a tough but light weather sealed body. Before I didn't even like shooting at iso800 but now i have very usable iso2000 as in the pussie picture I posted. I'm glad I skipped the E-P3 and E-PL3 and waited for this.

Yup but it comes too late got the news after getting V1. Reason going for V1 is also EVF. Not willing to pay exorbitant VF2 for EP3.

I wanted to buy the V1, then went looking at the 5N but

I waited for the OMD but now it's here.

Dunno why I still not buying it.....probably confused old Unker.....hehehehe! :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Uncle Batam also Nikon supporter! You're not alone!

Unker got only SLR F801s, F4s & F3HP and dun have DSLR.....sold off my D700.....left only the lenses.....hehehehe :)

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

I wanted to buy the V1, then went looking at the 5N but

I waited for the OMD but now it's here.

Dunno why I still not buying it.....probably confused old Unker.....hehehehe! :)

It's not so much the camera, it's the photographer. U old bird Liao, any camera also can take good picture! He he

:startle:

i think you can be good friends with my dad. he's aircraft crazy too.

his new toy:

post-48-0-23722500-1337871176_thumb.jpg

You dad literally brings a new meaning to the phrase 'fly aeroplane!'

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Hey u guys organise a shoot lah with yr REAL camera ya!!

BM, u bring a few TKB in bikinis or less? I used to do photo shoots like that more than 10 years ago.....I can chong chu jiang hu for this.... :devil:

If i can get TKB with bikini i wouldnt hv the time to log in here. U got to choose one, TKB or me, i know is a tough choice.