• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shutterbugs fall in!

yc3333

Quite true my s&s housing only cost me 2.5x EOS7D I will post my setup if i am back to SG. Underwater photo is fun at least you don't hear people bragging about their camera underwater :)

Haha true true. Damn the housing cost is crazy!!

Nice shots dude. Seems like you were camped from your vantage point for quite awhile! :)

The window for sunset-sunrise is such a short magical moment. Do you often shoot landscape or you also do reportage/portrait/street ?

Yes the magical window is at most 3 minutes?

My fave is landscapes, now dabbling with some portraits and macro. Streets usually when I am travelling. Nowadays cant really wake up for sunrises, so doing more sunsets

Btw the 2 shots were from different days. I keep going back the same place till the earth, wind and fire are in harmony. Sometimes you just get cloudy or greyish skies and everything is wasted.

Yes the magical window is at most 3 minutes?

My fave is landscapes, now dabbling with some portraits and macro. Streets usually when I am travelling. Nowadays cant really wake up for sunrises, so doing more sunsets

Btw the 2 shots were from different days. I keep going back the same place till the earth, wind and fire are in harmony. Sometimes you just get cloudy or greyish skies and everything is wasted.

Magic window for me is when it goes down so quick anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute man. Before you know it, it's over. And then you keep trying for the next few days! Don't think I've plugged away for more than 3 days in succession.

It's a good thing the digital photography era has dawned upon us. I cannot imagine the amount of film wasted on spoilt shots.

BTW have you seen the new Leica digital B&W only M Monochrome ?

Hohoho Leicas...

I was drooling over M9P with Noctilux f0.95, and for a moment almost wanted to switch system as Im such a prime lover. Luckily sanity (oops wallet i mean) held me back...

I'm looking at a cheaper alternative as I do like the feel of rangefinders so a cheaper alternative for me would be the Epson RD-1 series. Discontinued JDM product and service limited to 2018 by Epson Japan would be the only issues.

Still have a lot of reading up to do with the Leicas. A lot of M8s have been made available in the local used market but I'm not sure if they're worth picking up given that there have been some well documented issues with these cameras.

But yeah those noctilux lenses are legendary. Incredibly fast.

Actually a lot of Leica users in Singapore are hobbyist, who pampers their cameras and treat it with care. Some of these have extremely low SC which is actually a good deal if you intend to get it 2nd hand. Either go for M7 (film though) or the M9, skip the M8.

Used M9s are quite affordable now, with the M10 coming soon, or is it unveiled already?

Looks like I'm the only Olympus user so far. I just got myself the OMD E-M5. Looking forward to enjoying this wonderful little camera with my legacy manual lenses. The art filters in the Oly are also quite fun. I have uploaded a pic of my ride in the gallery.

gallery_67_28_2826667.jpg

• Like 1

Vinyl Is Sexy!

@Nightfly - Thats the art filter in built in the camera? Looks like a centre bulge effect?

Sorry - I forgot to add that this was taken with a fisheye lens. The art filter may be added in camera or applied within Olympus Viewer 2 on the raw file.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Very nice. When I have time I would also like to take my tripod and ND filter out and try to achieve something like this. Any tips to share?

First and foremost you need time and patience, loads of it for landscape shots. Then practice, practice and practice...

If you are interested can organise a sunset shoot to share tips. I am learning as well maybe you need to guide me instead.

Come share some of your works here so we can all learn

I have not progressed to landscapes. I just like to take pictures when I travel and also of people, cats and interesting objects I come across. Here's a recent one of one of my cats using the OMD.

7225577758_3a690a39b3_c.jpg

Nice pussy!!

• Like 1

I have not progressed to landscapes. I just like to take pictures when I travel and also of people, cats and interesting objects I come across. Here's a recent one of one of my cats using the OMD.

Bro how many pussies do you keep? I love them too, here's a Taiwan pussy

5905171068_fd2184bde3.jpg

taiwanese pussies are the best.

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

This is my humble little OMD next to a vintage OM2n SLR which is actually wider than the OMD! I just loved the retro silver look. As you can see - I can mount my old manual lenses on the OMD and get re-aquainted with them!

7254379380_3a29cd0862_c.jpg

Vinyl Is Sexy!

This is my humble little OMD next to a vintage OM2n SLR which is actually wider than the OMD! I just loved the retro silver look. As you can see - I can mount my old manual lenses on the OMD and get re-aquainted with them!

You remind me of my friend who's crazy about old manual lenses, film SLR, etc. He would scout all over the world for the exact item he wants!

You remind me of my friend who's crazy about old manual lenses, film SLR, etc. He would scout all over the world for the exact item he wants!

haha - I'm not as crazy as your friend. I mostly restrict myself to local finds with maybe a couple from ebay. Currently have the Oly, Pentax, GAF(!!), Konica and my favourite the Nikon FM2n SLRs. Also started to acquire a few film PnS starting with the Oly mju ii and the Yashica T5 Super. Too bad Kodak expired which leaves me to expect ever costlier film in the future.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

everyone either super serious old skool or super casual.

Micro Four Thirds anyone?

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

hi guys! i used to be a shutterbug, but am mainly an iphone shooter now.

Still holding on to my M8 with VC50/1.5 and VC28/2 which I only use during holidays.

Rangefinders are nice but not being so young means eyesight not that great and having to exclude oneself from them. I tried using a Leica CL but my eyes really CMI!

Vinyl Is Sexy!