• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shutterbugs fall in!

yc3333

Calling all photography enthusiasts. Come share your interests, post photos, discuss latest tech releases, hao lian your equipments, etc over here. :pic:

Let me start the ball rolling... Im a newbie in photography in terms of skills, though I have been playing for a while. Looking for like minded kakis, maybe we can have photoshoots together, of our cars or otherwise so that I can improve on my skills. Looking forward to learn from all gurus and of course to share tips and tricks as well.

• Like 2

Woohoo!

First and foremost, I am a Canon type user! :D

Nothing to hao lian hahaha. My equipment is old stuff but I love shooting especially with the 5D Mk 1.

Equipment List

-------------------

EOS 300D

EOS 5D Mk 1

F1.8 MkII 50mm

F4L 17-40mm

The only thing to hao lian is some published work - this was taken last Dec at The Empire State Building for resident saxophonist Mr Wil Greenstreet :P

I was hanging around the observation deck but didn't have a tripod (can't bring 'em upstairs) so I had to use the metal rail as a stabilizing element to help with a longer exposure in a low light environment. Wil came over, we chatted for abit. One thing led to another and this photo ended up getting published.

7254213914_b6b95a77a7_c.jpg

Here's one of my favorite stitched images taken at Yosemite National Park with the 5D.

6519448321_9c367716c4_b.jpg

Cameras have been in cold storage for awhile.. yeah maybe we should do a shoot for the heck of it!

I am on Canon system as well. Great shot g8crasher, you've even been featured in an article? I can only dream about it....

Actually it's no big deal man. Lotsa shutterbugs out there that have quality stuff, just a matter of time and chance. ;)

What camera are you using from the Canon lineup ? I love reading about the new gear but it's another black hole of $$$ that often ends up sitting in the dry cabinet hahaha!

My lineup as follows:

5D2 with 35L, 85L, 100L and 17-40L

Gonna get the 5D3 anytime soon? :devil:

Damn. You have got a real nice collection of primes!!!

Honestly, I'm very tempted with the 5D3. You can imagine how long I've "looned" the itch to upgrade. DiGiC processing aside, the main thing for me is 720p 60fps movie mode.

Damn. You have got a real nice collection of primes!!!

Honestly, I'm very tempted with the 5D3. You can imagine how long I've "looned" the itch to upgrade. DiGiC processing aside, the main thing for me is 720p 60fps movie mode.

Yea I am a prime lover!

Go for the 5D3 if you're a movie lover. MTL!

I've read a lot about how good movies are with the 5D3. Personally Im not a movie person and I've never shot a video clip before with my dslr.

Yea I am a prime lover!

Go for the 5D3 if you're a movie lover. MTL!

I've read a lot about how good movies are with the 5D3. Personally Im not a movie person and I've never shot a video clip before with my dslr.

Cool bro! Yeah I'll definitely consider the 5D3 and a nice prime to shoot. Need a bloody rig to do nice videos and those are expensive as well.

Share some of your work please! :) Looking forward!!

Panning is an art :bow:

Cklasse : even your p&s G11 can do great pan shots! :)

Remember Kelvin's wedding on a super wet afternoon heading back to Singapore. You can tell my lens was dirty haha.

4756664005_7806351412_z.jpg

I am also Canon user mostly for underwater

EOS 7D with Sea & Sea MDX-7D + ports + u/w strobes + focus light

Only 3 lenses EF 60 mm macro, EF 100 mm Macro IS L, Tokina 10-17 mm

Olympus PEN set EP-1 and recently bought Nikon V1 twin lens kit --> I really love it!!

4158237630_38155e0f67.jpg

IMG_0270 by Thedi David, on Flickr

• Like 1

I am also Canon user mostly for underwater

EOS 7D with Sea & Sea MDX-7D + ports + u/w strobes + focus light

Only 3 lenses EF 60 mm macro, EF 100 mm Macro IS L, Tokina 10-17 mm

Olympus PEN set EP-1 and recently bought Nikon V1 twin lens kit --> I really love it!!

4158237630_38155e0f67.jpg

IMG_0270 by Thedi David, on Flickr

Wow that is pretty spectacular!!!!!!!! That fish looks so mean!!

Would love to see how you lug all that equipment around underwater.

What skill sets are required for underwater shoots ? Anticipation, lighting etc vastly different ?

Fabulous! Post more!

Some sunset shots to share:

5186688421_d1fa822418.jpg

5187292788_82f4a5ee35.jpg

Comments welcome

Nice shots dude. Seems like you were camped from your vantage point for quite awhile! :)

The window for sunset-sunrise is such a short magical moment. Do you often shoot landscape or you also do reportage/portrait/street ?