• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Civic Type R... I miss you...

Seanny

Hi guys... I know u gonna say im sentimental and stuff... But after driving my C180 for about a month, i mean there is nothing working with the ride.. I mean it's super comfy, quiet, relax...superficially its brand is perceive to be more Atas, educated and stuff... But pls don't scold me.. It just has no character...

I miss my type r.. The angry interior, the sharp handling, the sluttly rev keeps pushing me to rev higher, the orgasmic engine roar when I cross 5.8k to almost 9k rpm, its so exhilarating, the poke and zip drive, I can zip in and out to my command... The climbing LED blinking telling me im reaching my max powerband.. The rush when i get when im at 5.8-9k zone..i miss all that busy gear shifting, down gearing revving, hit vtec and all that mechanical stuff...Sigh I really miss her...

I tell my wife one day when I make it... Im gonna get myself a used Type R.. Restore it and keep it forever... The best 2.0NA engine mated to the sweetest 6 short shifter ever made...

Sorry just Wana get it off my chest...sigh...

• Like 1

Why not just sell and go for the type r? The atas status and stuff is irrelevant. I feel the a car should besides enjoying the drive, also bring a smile to my face every morning when I take it to go work. Well, that's what mine does for me. Hope you get your dream ride soon! :)

Why not just sell and go for the type r? The atas status and stuff is irrelevant. I feel the a car should besides enjoying the drive, also bring a smile to my face every morning when I take it to go work. Well, that's what mine does for me. Hope you get your dream ride soon! :)

Well can't really do that... Coz of work and family.. Gotta settle for a comfy sedan.... I mean it's still bring a smile to my face wen I look at my merc every morning,., but the feeling is jus different... My dream ride would be GTR... I jus hope I can go back driving a sports car soon.. Hehe

the fd2r's handling is awesome. had a k26 in mine.. made about 340hp. definitely a lot of fun at sepang.

at the risk of being called a beng.. i think i'll put up a picture of my car. :P

post-48-0-37338900-1337360587_thumb.jpg

Ok that's a monster... I'm drooling thanks for the pics!

Well can't really do that... Coz of work and family.. Gotta settle for a comfy sedan.... I mean it's still bring a smile to my face wen I look at my merc every morning,., but the feeling is jus different... My dream ride would be GTR... I jus hope I can go back driving a sports car soon.. Hehe

This I totally agree. I just love driving my slk as compared to sedan, not a speed demon but good enough for me. My dream is to own a performance super car, time for bed soon to continue dreaming hehe.

I used

the fd2r's handling is awesome. had a k26 in mine.. made about 340hp. definitely a lot of fun at sepang.

at the risk of being called a beng.. i think i'll put up a picture of my car. :P

Beng alert!!! Hehe...

I drove a GTI before my "C", I must say I have the same feel about my GTI as you with your "Type R". But, I have began to enjoy the comfy suspension, the smoothness of the ride, and the quietness (no exhuast roar now, can listen to my music more). Have to get use to giving way when someone push u from behind.

Use to get lots of faster cars challenging me, now even when a Altis can push my ass, and I have to give way. There is no torque on demand feel anymore. I know I cannot drive the same way as my GTI anymore. In a way, it is good, as is gradually surpress the boy racer verses common sense driver in me.

But seriously, once in a while, everybody deserves the sepang dash and the "B" roads run to reduce stress.

BTW, can the C180K be modified for track har??? Add a S3 Turbo can go up to 280HP or not??? OK, forget I ask, just joking....cheers

I used to drive a FD2 myself so I know what you mean. That's why when I thought of changing ride and went car searching no sedan actually caught my eye. Tried 5&7 series, XF, E&S class, etc. All felt a bit on the boring side for me so I landed up getting the SLK R172. Never looked back. Enjoying every minute.

Good morning bros.. So tHere's actually a handful of us downgraded our "driving experience" from a sharper sports car to a C class... I for one have to succumb to the pressure from my wife and work.. To be honest... The only person enjoying the drive in a rock hard type r is the driver itself haha... You guys totally know what Im toking about.. @wishbone... GTI is one hell of a car even being stock... And it's so funny the GTi is always at logger heads with the type r.. I never failed to get a "impromptu" race whenever one started pushing me from behind... Ahhh... Those were the days haha

• Like 1

Well most of us soon or later must pass bone jarring ride to comfy car, either due to family, status, or whatever you can think of.

Too bad we are living in Singapore land is scarce carpark getting more and more difficult. We almost own race track but it busted before it even completed.

I can only envy my friends who live in Perth he got old VW GTI for dirt road rally another one got fully restored fairlady (or datsun I am not familar with old model) with 350Z engine for track day alf barbagallow race track. These cars only for playing not for daily commute.

After reading all your posts.... I only have one conclusion, you have all mellowed! :lol:

Including myself!!!

You'll laugh when you find out what car I drive now: E250 Saloon. Previous rides were Alfa 33, BMW 318iS, Jag X-Type, Suzuki Swift Sport and Subaru Hatchback STI!

But.... I still have a Nissan 370Z to keep myself feeling young again. :D

• Like 1

this is a nice thread to read on a sat.

tks for sharing. ( :

guess we all been thru these phases...

the E90 was a man's car, raw. but the W204, a gentleman. both nice.

hehe no prob..as feeling sentimental and all that miss all that rush i had with my previous car... yup we all been through that phase... haha

• Like 1

power ride bro! whats ur best timing at sepang with ur k26 ctr?

I feel a calming sort of happiness whenever i get into my C180k. Could be more exciting with a coupe, but it's enough to satisfy me. Just got tailed by a corolla along south buona vista road that day, but what better car to be tailed in than in a merc?

2:28 on re55s semi slicks.. didn't manage a run on slicks as the engine blew up. :stuff:

gd timing bro! i only managed late 40s on stock engine + stock tyres re70, & i blew my engine up too. did toda stroker 2.2, but didnt have the chance to try it out & decided to sell my ctr. :P

gd timing bro! i only managed late 40s on stock engine + stock tyres re70, & i blew my engine up too. did toda stroker 2.2, but didnt have the chance to try it out & decided to sell my ctr. :P

You with Maximus Racing ? :)

• 1 year later...

Hi guys... I know u gonna say im sentimental and stuff... But after driving my C180 for about a month, i mean there is nothing working with the ride.. I mean it's super comfy, quiet, relax...superficially its brand is perceive to be more Atas, educated and stuff... But pls don't scold me.. It just has no character...

I miss my type r.. The angry interior, the sharp handling, the sluttly rev keeps pushing me to rev higher, the orgasmic engine roar when I cross 5.8k to almost 9k rpm, its so exhilarating, the poke and zip drive, I can zip in and out to my command... The climbing LED blinking telling me im reaching my max powerband.. The rush when i get when im at 5.8-9k zone..i miss all that busy gear shifting, down gearing revving, hit vtec and all that mechanical stuff...Sigh I really miss her...

I tell my wife one day when I make it... Im gonna get myself a used Type R.. Restore it and keep it forever... The best 2.0NA engine mated to the sweetest 6 short shifter ever made...

Sorry just Wana get it off my chest...sigh...

I have to agree with you totally. When I changed from FD2R to this C200..... the C200 is super comfy and nice to look at with high quality interior, but it just has no soul in it. Type R on the other hand oozes with character and so unforgetable. Handling, styling, engineering and desirability... you name it the type R has it. The K20A twin cam..... my God ... is a real Godsend.

Too bad I have to change my type R becoz of my baby. Too hard core coz the ride is just too hard for him... travelling to Malaysia was almost impossible unless you are willing to drive at 80kmh..... LOL

Honda really produces some of finest NA engine in the last few decades. If you can recall the gen EK4 SIR on B16 engine? Tell me, which other car brand can squeeze out 170 bhp on a 1.6L NA engine? Given with such power and light body weight, no doubt it was also the reasons why it was so popular amongst racers. Looks like Honda is planning turbo charging their next gen type R producing in excess of 280 bhp!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

yup, did my toda stroker kit with them. :)

Type R is design right from the start to be a track car, thus the Japanese did an excellence job in fine tunning the handling. For those whom never seat in one, find a chance or best try driving it and you understand why is its repectable car on the track, even among monster & beast with bigger and more powerful engine

Bro Jimbean,setup is really wasted, sa yan.

He didn't even got the chance to test out his newly built 2.2  TODA stroker engine on track before he sold the ride, that chap whom brought his setup is extremely lucky   : )

I had a 2005 Stage 2 WRX back in New York, now my wife and I have the W204 C200 and even though ours is modified with almost everything you can including some you can't. It's still not the same. Even my wife who had a E46 328 before this complained about the lack of power on our Benz compared to her BMW before I started to mod it. Luckily, even with the H&R SuperSport springs and Bilstein shocks and 18" wheels, the ride comfort isn't affected too much (as long as the wife don't complain, I'm Safe) but performance wise, either engine or transmission, you just can't compare to a performance car.