• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C200 oil leaking into engine--HELP!!

Hi there, I am new to this forum and need some replies.

Great if anyone can help.

Just sent my 5 year old car to C&C for servicing today and they say engine oil is leaking into my engine.

Cost of fixing $4000.

And other stuffs need fixing like suspension and undercarriage work, total $2000.

OMG!!! Almost fainted.

Should I go for second opinion somewhere or what is the next step forward?

Does anyone have the same problem before?

Is it common in a Benz to show such signs after 5 years?

These are suppose to be good cars that last forever with proper maintanence.

i don't drive it much and service it at least once every year.

Any advice??

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I read of oil leak into engine for the C-class, it's certainly unusual.

When you said oil leaked into engine, do you mean oil entering the coolant or into cylinders?

Seek second or third opinion if any jobs cost more than $1000. Look for MBM or Stackblack for advise. If yr engine oil is contaminated stop driving immediately & engine overhaul is require. I think this is not the case else they will advise u stop driving. Likely gasket wear & tear resulted seepage issue. As for suspension, the pricing is about there for front & rear replacement.

i always think only BMW has problems with oil leaking one.

how come Mercedes benz has this problem.

hope the 2nd n 3rd views will be cheaper.

good luck

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

i always think only BMW has problems with oil leaking one.

how come Mercedes benz has this problem.

hope the 2nd n 3rd views will be cheaper.

good luck

Yeah. My previous BM went through 2 cycles of leak during the lifespan...cannot tahan

This is the first time I read of oil leak into engine for the C-class, it's certainly unusual.

When you said oil leaked into engine, do you mean oil entering the coolant or into cylinders?

Oil leaks out of engine.. could it be a case of water or coolant into the engine.. ? i have had the same problem and easy fix... go to one of the site sponsors.. i did with starblack.. and undercarriage work etc.. always get a second quote...

Hi there, I agree 100%. Whoever heard of oil leak from Benz or BMW??

However, it says on the report "Wire Harness (engine)-- oily.

As the man at C&C explain it, it is the start of an oil leak.

Needs to be rectify ASAP.

Seek second or third opinion if any jobs cost more than $1000. Look for MBM or Stackblack for advise. If yr engine oil is contaminated stop driving immediately & engine overhaul is require. I think this is not the case else they will advise u stop driving. Likely gasket wear & tear resulted seepage issue. As for suspension, the pricing is about there for front & rear replacement.

Thanks for your advice.

Will definitely do that.

It is madness for it to cost that much when it is suppose to be a good make car.

Oil leaks out of engine.. could it be a case of water or coolant into the engine.. ? i have had the same problem and easy fix... go to one of the site sponsors.. i did with starblack.. and undercarriage work etc.. always get a second quote...

Thanks for that.

Will check them out.

Is your CEL on? Same thing happened to my 2008 C200 last week. For my case, the cause was Cam sensor oil leak.

I just had mine repaired at star black for $2.3k which includes a new engine harness, O2 sensors, replacement cam sensor, oil seals and breather hoses.

Is your CEL on? Same thing happened to my 2008 C200 last week. For my case, the cause was Cam sensor oil leak.

I just had mine repaired at star black for $2.3k which includes a new engine harness, O2 sensors, replacement cam sensor, oil seals and breather hoses.

Sounds like same job done on my previous W203 C180K!

CEL on! Oil leaked to engine harness!

I paid MBM near to $3k. Engine harness & some sensors! :(

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)