• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Show us your BBK + Rims!

HYM

Exhaust changed already...nothing to modify engine Le...

Swap to a C63 engine. No problem for MY! Can make good use of your BBK and north south Highway Ha...

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

ok upgraded to 19" vertini magic concave. no doubt it is very nice.rear tyre size was 265/35/19. drove for less than 500 m confirm rubbing issues. had to order from tire rack (us based) 255/30/19. still small rubbing issues. for peace of mind ordered amg 18" code 795 from benzline. will upload pics tmr.

hi, u will like to check with eastern recruit on how he managed this issue.  he got a 19" rims similar to yours.  More of a fender issue

• 2 weeks later...

hauts: just curious, during hard driving, does the brake dust eats into the plastic dip coat? can help to monitor and feedback?

thanks in advance!

What's your definition of hard driving? I'm a very safe driver who rarely go over 50km/h.

Hahah kidding. No one really drives that slow. Uhm, I've only had it on for 2 days but the coating seems to be very thick. I will monitor the condition of the rims after a week or so.

Any good places to go for some.. hard driving? :)

Bro, I saw Dennis car rims, yes, seems to me like the brake dust eats into the plastic dip coat.

hauts: just curious, during hard driving, does the brake dust eats into the plastic dip coat? can help to monitor and feedback?

thanks in advance!

Bro, I saw Dennis car rims, yes, seems to me like the brake dust eats into the plastic dip coat.

brake dust doesnt eats into plasti dip coat if the coats are sufficent(4-6 layers), even with insufficent coats i dun think it might. imho brake dust is not acidic.. also with sufficent coats it MIGHT even protect from kerb rash when accidentally hits kerb. eye power cannot determine one la !

use this power product for dipped wheels :D

Not easy to get this wheel cap... cos it's smaller than OEM types or AMG types.... Guess it's around 6.25 cm or 2.5inches... Normal ones are 7.5 cm or 3 inches...

where can i buy that wheel cap? ;)

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

BBK med6 front / med4 rear on 330 mm rotor for 17" rim

attachicon.gifIMG-20130527-00090.jpgattachicon.gifIMG-20130527-00092.jpg

Chio! But bro, 330mm rotors for 17" rims? I think the biggest rotor size from Euromodz that can clear 17" is 303mm.

What's your definition of hard driving? I'm a very safe driver who rarely go over 50km/h.

Hahah kidding. No one really drives that slow. Uhm, I've only had it on for 2 days but the coating seems to be very thick. I will monitor the condition of the rims after a week or so.

Any good places to go for some.. hard driving? :)

sepang? 28 July BMWSG has one!

brake dust doesnt eats into plasti dip coat if the coats are sufficent(4-6 layers), even with insufficent coats i dun think it might. imho brake dust is not acidic.. also with sufficent coats it MIGHT even protect from kerb rash when accidentally hits kerb. eye power cannot determine one la !

use this power product for dipped wheels :D

its the heat bro.. brake dust can be really hot.. 

was told med6 is 330 mm......

Hmm. Maybe they brought in something new that'll fit. Looks really nice!