• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about VW

Guest angela

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest funng

guys, VW Golf GTI vs Merc W211 200K in a head to head in straight and course? assuming both are stock, who will be the eventual winner? which will handle better? ;D

Guest kopimonster

erm...the w211 is the e-class right? assuming its the 2 litre variant, i would say the GTI wins...hands down....better power to weight ratio and much more nimble and handles much better. but having said that, it would not be a fair comparison, one's a hot hatch, the other's a mid-size saloon, different category.

the GTI is a very respectable car wif lotsa mod potential ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest XXXCobraXXX

Hi there.

Anyone can help comment on Phaeton? Went to feel the 3 makes (S300, 730 and Phaeton LWB V6). Cant test drive on the Phaeton but has done so on the other 2. Anyone have frens driving or personal experience? More interested to know about the comfort and maintence costing.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

New Golf 6 GTI gets upgraded weaponry!

1517_p1_s_1.jpg

One of the hottest models of late, the Golf GTI, gets a new look and more power, consumes less petrol, and it even has an electronic limited-slip differential!

01 Oct 2008 Foreign News :: Germany Viewed : 1,730 times

Since the debut of the first and the discontinuation of the fifth generation, more than 1.7 million buyers made the GTI to the world’s bestseller. Now the new GTI is at the ready: at the Paris Motor Show (4th to 19th October 2008) Volkswagen will be demonstrating the design study of the new Golf GTI at its world premiere.

The GTI suspension with a new electronic limited-slip diff (XDS) defines curves and traction in a completely new way. A GTI with a top speed of 240 km/h that with its 155 kW / 210 bhp strong turbocharged engine is even more fun and, on average, only uses 7.5 litres.

The sixth generation Golf GTI will go into series production in the spring of 2009 – as usual with a unique connection between sporty suspension and agile engine. The engine develops already at 1,800 rpm a maximum torque of 280 Newton metres. The sprint from 0 to 60mph is achieved in 6.9 seconds. A stand-off between wind resistance and output occurs only just at 240 km/h.

Lowered by 22 millimetres and equipped with a new sports suspension, the springs, shock absorbers and rear anti-roll bars of the design study have been completely reworked. Furthermore, the optional adaptive chassis control DCC feature will also be available for the future GTI.

"We wanted a purposefully clear GTI design. A car that has power but also style," summarises the Volkswagen AG's chief designer Walter de’Silva. The design study of the sixth generation presented in Paris blends in both style elements of the GTI icons. Details like the typical honeycombed radiator grill and the V-shaped bonnet, stretching over the head lights, contribute to the GTI V. The clean and horizontal structure clearly originates from the GTI I. Because of the styling as well as the underlining horizontal graphic of the front section the Golf GTI design study appears visually wider (1.78 meter), lower (1.47 meter) and more dynamic than any other car in its class.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

g8crasher ]

Volkswagen' wrote:

">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

My bro is considering the Scirocco. Great Looks! :thumbsup:

fruitcakepablohoney ]

Volkswagen' wrote:

">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

I do have a collection of 'Scirocco' too

But is Nokia 8800 Scirocco Black, Gold , Arte Sapp and the last Carbon.......

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

9339 ]

Volkswagen' wrote:

">

I do have a collection of 'Scirocco' too

But is Nokia 8800 Scirocco Black, Gold , Arte Sapp and the last Carbon.......

:snglfk: :dblfk: ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Vivo City last night and visited the VW roadshow. They had an EOS, Golf, GTi, Beetle on display so thought I itchy backside go look see. Outgoing Golf Mk V 1.4 TSI 7spd DSG going for $79.5k. GTi $120k. 40k premium for a 2 litre engine, sunroof, handling is too freakin huge a gulf for essentially the same platform.

Anyone knows the price difference?

From PI = GTI should ard 100K and scirocco last I know is 118K

From VGS = silghtly another 8K for GTI, and no news abut scirocco but i believe it wuld a :death:

Latest news from VW is that they're making a GTI-R to replacement R32 ( 3.2 NA 4 motion ) on 2009 :angel1:

Last bloody time I've ever come across a GTI-R badge was when Nissan released the bloody Pulsar GTi-R. Ugly ass bonnet.

gtir_sidefront_hi.jpg

I guess they are banking on the cult status of the Scirocco and hoping fanboys will pick it up.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest colrc

PIs better watch out and out do the agent, la. They are getting more competitive! Enhance your service levels, man. Really tempted to switch to VW hothatch. The GTI is like the classic of hothatches.