• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Porsche

Guest angela

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AutoAvantGarde

Porsche recalls Panameras for seat belt defect

Toyota has finally made something sexy - recalls.

While this is a bold statement, the mainstream media is now obsessed with every single recall. Case in point, Bloomberg is reporting that Porsche has announced a recall of the 2010 Panamera for a "theoretical problem with the safety belts."

Porsche discovered, in internal testing, that accelerating and reversing repeatedly could cause the seat belt to release. The 11,324 Panameras will be fixed when they are taken to a dealership for scheduled maintenance.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/110042825900/porsche-recalls-panameras-for-seat-belt-defect

Guest AutoAvantGarde

Porsche 911 GT2 RS breaks out early

756780335318541559.jpg

Here is a shot of the upcoming Porsche 911 GT2 RS taken at a dealer event and leaked to the press along with a few details. Kudos go to Autoblog and Teamspeed for this scoop.

The 911 GT2 RS will be a true racer built for making remarkable track times. It will likely feature a roll cage and an active suspension and perhaps some adjustable aerodynamics too.

As for power rating, we can only guess that the RS will come with a significant power boost over the upcoming 2012 GT2, which will feature around 550 PS (405 kW). Teamspeed is reporting the figure at 620 hp (462 kW) and that the car will weigh 90 kg less than 997.1 GT2. The 0-100 km/h sprint will clock in at 3.2 seconds. The GT2 RS series will be limited to 300 units.

Full details on the 911 GT2 RS will be made available when Porsche officially introduces the car on May 14.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ian511

Hi brothers,

i'm headed off to the states for 2 yrs and am currently considering getting a porsche. Due to me being new to the porsche arena, i would like to seek your opinions about my choices.

should i get a 06 cayman s w 40000miles, or a 02 carrera/S with 50000miles?

i'm more concerned with the reliability (traits of engine, electronic etc problems?) of the ageing porsches and the exorbitant charges of mechanics there.

Whatever advice you guys can give, i really appreciate. thanks a lot bros!

Guest p911

i will get the Cayman S(3.4L) if we are comparing to the 996 Carrera.,as its newer,very nippy and handles very very well.But if budget allows of cos the 997 C2S anytime.

Guest pongster

ian511 wrote:

Hi brothers,

i'm headed off to the states for 2 yrs and am currently considering getting a porsche. Due to me being new to the porsche arena, i would like to seek your opinions about my choices.

should i get a 06 cayman s w 40000miles, or a 02 carrera/S with 50000miles?

i'm more concerned with the reliability (traits of engine, electronic etc problems?) of the ageing porsches and the exorbitant charges of mechanics there.

Whatever advice you guys can give, i really appreciate. thanks a lot bros!

Hio bro,

u might wanna get some advice from http://porschesgforum.com/

there are simply too many choices for you in USA... have fun with ur rides!

• 1 year later...
Guest kirk713

All I know Porsche is that the cars are technologically advanced and super reliable. I may be getting either a panamera or cayene (hopefully not in my dreams)

• 1 month later...
Guest blackknight

technologically advance? I dun think so...the most superior stuff in the camp is the PDK system...most porsche do not have alot of electronics , therefore they are reliable except for the cayenne and panermera...the 911s are real basic and hardcore:whistle:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Audifreak

kirk713 wrote:

All I know Porsche is that the cars are technologically advanced and super reliable. I may be getting either a panamera or cayene (hopefully not in my dreams)

The Cayenne is a blast to drive :)

Was never a SUV person till i sat in a hotlap with a professional driver in mount cotton. The cayenne performs like a track car, and it was the base model :shocked:

• 3 months later...
Guest subaru67

hkhamateur wrote:

Wow....I like it! :shocked:

Saw it on German autocar show. V nicz ....:peace:

Pre-owned pre FL may consider :yo:

ya the 997 carrera 2nd gen is cool too esp with those led lights:becky: