• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Unprofessional and Bad Service at C&C Pandan Loop

benzeighty

Had a freak accident in early Feb 2012 when a E200 bumped into my rear at stationary position wating at traffic red light. My new ride bumper cracked and required a new replacement as surveyed by C&C Pandan loop (insurance claim).

A series of unpleasant and unprofessional experiences with C&C repair works as follows:

1. 1 Feb - the SA told me that C&C do not have any available parts for my new FL C200 7G AMG bumper for immediate repair works. Said need to order from Germany and will take 1 mth for stock arrival. This is something I don't believe too well as C&C is a reputable listed organisation and am sure they are much more efficient in their logistic management processes. Anyway, no choice but to wait with much doubts in mind. Finally waited the part arrival on 27 Feb 2012, arranged to send in workshop for 3 days.

2. 8 March - During car collection, noticed the newly-sprayed bumper was a little off-colour from the original body colour tone. The SA then try explaning to me that the bumper material cannot absorbed the paint chemical well as compared to the body metal based. Hence there will be a slightly 2-tone coloring when viewed closely at the bumper and fender area (main body). I didn't really accept well the said explanation as I am kinda aware of the "respraying" quality by good spray paint workshops. A good workshop will be able to match a resprayed area with the original base paint colour (in my humble understanding). Given the fact that the workmanship is by C&C in my case, I am partially convinced with the given explanations.

3. 9 April - After driving for a few weeks, I often had this uneasy feeling whenever I look around at my car after self washing and polishing. Hence I decided to take my ride to visit a commendable workshop for second opinon. True enough, the workshop was able to detect the colour mis-match at the resprayed bumper via some digital equipment detection. Drove straight to C&C on 9 April and seek clarification with the SA on the colour mis-matching observations. But this time, the SA actually acknowledge that there was indeed a 2-tone colour from his own observation. And this time he explained that the workshop did not performed a based colour matching procedure (aka colour tinting) during the last repair works. He also (confidently) explained that, during the initial respray job, the workshop actually just followed the original colour code to blend the paint and just spray on.

WTH seriously!!...I challanged the SA asking why C&C can give a good verbal explanation on the processes but the operation was not so well executed as per explained? - SA no answer for me!! I even questioned if C&C outsourced the repair works to other vendor outside but SA replied that it was done in-house.

I asked again why there were 2 different explanations given even at the point that I had already commented on the colour mis-match during the first collection? And now C&C is arranging for another respray work for my bumper at the expense of my time and embrassessment of driving around a prestige MB badge with a poor-quality body works.

The repair works is yet to closure with satisfactory acceptance as of to-date (13 April), been 2 months and still counting!!

What can i say and do with C&C for all this unprofessional workmanship and unpleasant encounters from a reputable workshop?

A frustrated customer

• Like 1

The SA then try explaning to me that the bumper material cannot absorbed the paint chemical well as compared to the body metal based. Hence there will be a slightly 2-tone coloring when viewed closely at the bumper and fender area (main body).

That is the biggest bunch of baloney from whoever trained him for such a response. A mismatched shade is a mismatched shade end of.

Yes I have heard of absorption difficulties but that lies mainly with improper prep on certain materials like aluminum.

• Like 2

Sad this is sad. Write a letter to the top guy so that they can learn from it.

Sad this is sad. Write a letter to the top guy so that they can learn from it.

thanks bro blackmercs.

I had already wrtiten a complaint email via their online enquiry form dated on 23 Feb 2012.

And this is their official reply-in-writing below. Worst of all, there is NO further follow up actions (phone/email) to closure the reported matter. Damn frustrating!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We refer to your email dated 23 February 2012.

With regards to your concern, kindly be assured that we will look into the matter accordingly and we will revert to you the soonest possible.

Meanwhile, we appreciate your kind patience in this matter.

Yours Sincerely,

CYCLE & CARRIAGE INDUSTRIES PTE LTD

Emil See

Executive - Customer Relations

Customer Assistance Centre

-------------------------------------------------------------

I seriously will not hestitate to write in to their top man to report such unforgiving bad services by C&C.

Can share with me any contacts, if any?

Sorry about that bro. If all negotiations (if any) fail, I always believe media is the last but necessary resort!

thanks Barney.. will do that unless C&C really pissed me off beyond my patience limits..

I just want to make a clear point to C&C that I am a customer who pays for a well-deserved premium service, and not a easily pushover customer.

thanks Barney.. will do that unless C&C really pissed me off beyond my patience limits..

I just want to make a clear point to C&C that I am a customer who pays for a well-deserved premium service, and not a easily pushover customer.

I always believe in talking nicely first, if it doesnt work, then bang table. Last resort is media. Hope you can solve it soon bro. Good luck!

thanks bro blackmercs.

I had already wrtiten a complaint email via their online enquiry form dated on 23 Feb 2012.

And this is their official reply-in-writing below. Worst of all, there is NO further follow up actions (phone/email) to closure the reported matter. Damn frustrating!!

With regards to your concern, kindly be assured that we will look into the matter accordingly and we will revert to you the soonest possible.

Yours Sincerely,

Emil See

I seriously will not hestitate to write in to their top man to report such unforgiving bad services by C&C.

You got to write to MB Germany. C&C Singapore bo chap one. Patience is the key word by them.

thanks bro blackmercs.

Yours Sincerely,

Emil See

Nice, so they sent an executive to reply you. These are the kind of gems to keep in mind if/when got issues next time and have to go back C&C

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

Just tell your SE you r writing to Germany MB for an good answer on all this shit

My previous ride I had a problem with kah motor and only after I show their manager the email that I have written and told him in face that if the problem still unsettled by my given deadline, I will email to Japan Honda Car section.

Strangely enough the next day , the problem is settled and I can collect my car.

We r in spore so those companies follow PAP style of doing things. If we keep quiet, they assume everything they do is correct. And if we make noise even with evidences, they think we r troublemakers. So we must show them our utmost patience and ruthless in dealing with these companies

• Like 1

Victoria Concordia Crescit

Translation: Victory grows out of harmony.

There is an increasing trend worldwide for car manufacturers to distribute their cars to consumers directly without distributors. Theoretically, better after sales support and more competitive prices without middlemen. But I guess VW was too successful and sold too many cars. So much that they couldn't cope.

Hopefully, the day will come soon for MB.....

While we try to be reasonable, also should not accept 2nd rated service. If issue not handled as desired, should lodge a feedback to the top people at C&C.

I did that previously when they failed to resolve issue with my c class while still under warranty. After that, follow up was swift and prompt.

• Like 1

That the problem with most spore companies here. Talk to front line staffs on the problem, they push u here n there n give u hundreds and thousand of reasons.

When u threaten to report or feedback to their top boss, they become scare n take u seriously and give u the prompt n satisfactory service or solution.

While we try to be reasonable, also should not accept 2nd rated service. If issue not handled as desired, should lodge a feedback to the top people at C&C.

I did that previously when they failed to resolve issue with my c class while still under warranty. After that, follow up was swift and prompt.

I always thought that the bumper would come from Germany already colour coded to your ride. It is mainly remove your old bumper and fit the new one. There should not be any spraying of paint required unless they repaired the old bumper and resprayed it. Taking the lead time required and the difference in colour tone, there is a good possiblity the bumper was repaired and re-sprayed in a after-market workshop.

It is important to buy from a good SE. My SE Daphne do all the follow ups for my friends and mine ride whenever we have problems with our cars. We just call her and she will do arrangements and collect and send when job is completed even though its non of her concern anymore.

I always thought that the bumper would come from Germany already colour coded to your ride. It is mainly remove your old bumper and fit the new one. There should not be any spraying of paint required unless they repaired the old bumper and resprayed it. Taking the lead time required and the difference in colour tone, there is a good possiblity the bumper was repaired and re-sprayed in a after-market workshop.

My thoughts exactly. It should be ordered according to stock colour and fitted in Singapore. No spraying / colour matching required.

If u need bros here to accompany u and argue your case, shout here for help.

I very sure many of us r welcome to accompany u down pandan loop and see how your SE will react.

If they really repaired your old bumper n reinstalled on your ride, they r so dishonest as kah motor. How to trust them

I very sure many of us r welcome to accompany u down pandan loop and see how your SE will react.

If they really repaired your old bumper n reinstalled on your ride, they r so dishonest as kah motor. How to trust them

Wah. How come dish out KM in this discussion as well? Haha... My previous ride FD though it was from KM but never went there for servicing so no idea that KM does something like that as well... Hahaha...

I support!!

• Like 1