tsktsk

Deleting all Contacts from COMAND NTG 4 (pre FL W204)

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone knows how to delete all contacts from the address book of my COMAND unit? From the options available, seems like i can only delete one at a time. Otherwise if i can reset the unit so that only address book is cleaned up. I already have music file imported and i like to retain them.

I vaguely remember my Audio20 has a delete all contact option. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi, simply just go to "System" and then chose "Reset" and confirm it, after the device reboot, all the contacts inside the address book will be removed.

Cheers, Ricky

Hey Ricky, thanks for the advice, will I also clear out my mp3 songs that i have copied into the unit?

Hi, recall that the mp3 under Music Register will be removed as well whenever you reset the Comand.

Cheers, Ricky

Yes all data will be erase if you reset the comand ..

Thanks both, I spent a good 20 mins to delete all my contacts one at a time, about 500 entries. In the telephone interface, go to the Name section so that the list of name shows on the screen, press the C button next to the big knob to delete then select Yes to execute.

For new contact we can just send one at a time via BT.