• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Permanently on Sport mode, how???

The gearbox's default setting is always Eco. Irritates the hell out of me since the car is a pig to drive in Eco mode. Anyway to have it permabently on S mode instead of having to change it everytime I start the damn car???

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Bro Leftfield,

I know what you mean. My previous pre FL W204 remains in S mode whenever I re-start the car but not the coupe. I don't know how to override it but just wanted to share with you that I've gotten used to it as I have a long drive out from my place in Sunset Way to Clementi Road. There are numerous humps along Sunset Way and I just leave it in E mode until I get to the main road since I can't be driving any faster anyway.

I also think that E mode uses less fuel if you are stuck in slow traffic and I will make it a point to switch over whenever I'm in a jam - a habit I have since my pre FL W204.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

• 2 months later...

frankly, i don't really observe any difference between E or S modes..

press already, the gear doesn't seem to be dragging higher; suspension don't seem to harden, power and torque also don't seem to appear magically and the car is definitely not going faster (like you see in fifth gear after the old guy pressed the M button LOL!)

okay, mine is just a c180k.. but for academic sake, can lao jiaos enlighten what are the actual differences?

Rather than fiddling with the system, why not make it a habit to switch to S-mode whenever you start the engine?

1. Start engine

2. Release footbrake

3. Shift from P to D

4. Press S mode

5. Step accelerator

Advantages: It's free and won't void warranty...

• 2 weeks later...

Bro Leftfield,

I know what you mean. My previous pre FL W204 remains in S mode whenever I re-start the car but not the coupe. I don't know how to override it but just wanted to share with you that I've gotten used to it as I have a long drive out from my place in Sunset Way to Clementi Road. There are numerous humps along Sunset Way and I just leave it in E mode until I get to the main road since I can't be driving any faster anyway.

I also think that E mode uses less fuel if you are stuck in slow traffic and I will make it a point to switch over whenever I'm in a jam - a habit I have since my pre FL W204.

Bro you mean u manage to have your pre FL w204 permanently in S mode when you start the car?

How do you do that ? please advice.

i am on the pre fl w204 cgi.

The key to immortality is first living a live worth remembering - Bruce Lee

Bro you mean u manage to have your pre FL w204 permanently in S mode when you start the car?

How do you do that ? please advice.

i am on the pre fl w204 cgi.

Mine was a late 2008 c180k - not cgi and the car will remember whether you were in S or C mode when you last shut off the engine and will remain on that mode when you next start up the engine unlike my current c180 cgi coupe which always defaults back to E mode

Vinyl Is Sexy!

Mine was a late 2008 c180k - not cgi and the car will remember whether you were in S or C mode when you last shut off the engine and will remain on that mode when you next start up the engine unlike my current c180 cgi coupe which always defaults back to E mode

ic, wow, bummer... was really hoping to cut down one step in my start up procedure.

my routine start up procedure is

1. Start engine

2. Release footbrake

3. Shift from P to D

4. Press S mode

5. EPS off

6. move off.

Sianz

ic, wow, bummer... was really hoping to cut down one step in my start up procedure.

1. Start engine

2. Release footbrake

3. Shift from P to D

4. Press S mode

5. EPS off

6. move off.

Sianz

EPS off?? Wow!!

EPS off?? Wow!!

Actually, i read that this EPS off (aka triangle exclaimation mark thing on your meter cluster) thing doesnt completely turn off the traction control. It just sort of delays it... But still gives you slightly better power.

I read also on how to completely turn off traction control. but that too hardcare dangerous for me. lolz.

Actually, i read that this EPS off (aka triangle exclaimation mark thing on your meter cluster) thing doesnt completely turn off the traction control. It just sort of delays it... But still gives you slightly better power.

I read also on how to completely turn off traction control. but that too hardcare dangerous for me. lolz.

Whats yr ride & YOM? Interesting theory of gaining power.

Whats yr ride & YOM? Interesting theory of gaining power.

c200 cgi pre fl (2010),

Apologies if my knowledge is wrong bro, i am very noob to the world of MB.

well to my understanding,, the eps kicks in when it sense loss in traction and the system sort of taps the brakes to regain traction.

Simply delaying this (tapping of brakes) with EPS off , although not as safe, will result in faster acceleration as compared to having EPS on.

Correct me if i am wrong bro. I am also keen to learn of all of you guys.

c200 cgi pre fl (2010),

well to my understanding,, the eps kicks in when it sense loss in traction and the system sort of taps the brakes to regain traction.

Simply delaying this (tapping of brakes) with EPS off , although not as safe, will result in faster acceleration as compared to having EPS on.

Me too i m good for replica stuffs only :)

• Like 1

1. Start engine

2. Release footbrake

3. Shift from P to D

4. Press S mode

5. EPS off

6. move off.

Sianz

Haha... Sound like flying a plane...

c200 cgi pre fl (2010),

The part I don't understand from your explanation is how you can expect to gain acceleration by having it off when you are in a situation whereby you are losing traction.

Vinyl Is Sexy!

ESP intervenes when the car senses that it is going to get off the road at a bend by playing with the brakes as well as the throttle.It will rein in a wag happy tail in a bend. Anyway, ESP turns itself on automatically after certain speed, something like 60 kmh.

I am sold on this ESP that it is effective and will never turn it off.