• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Topic about Alfa Romeo

Guest angela

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest alex123

I am thinking of a used, current-model spider. Anyone has any comments, experience with this model? I wonder if the Alfas are more reliable these days?

Guest stealth123

alex123 wrote:

I am thinking of a used, current-model spider. Anyone has any comments, experience with this model? I wonder if the Alfas are more reliable these days?

:) i really like the spider and was eye-ing it for a long time...

i went to test drive many many times too! *LOL*

it's quite a nice drive - definitely very unique on SG roads... However, i think the drive is not as powerful as an SLK..

The hood is also quite slow for a soft top - i think the Z4 softtop closes in like 12 seconds while the spider takes closer to like 20 seconds? (i'm not exactly sure how long - since it's been almost a year since i last looked at it)

however, it's definitely a nice car to have - one to surely turn heads. :) :)

• 1 year later...
Guest blackknight

saw the Alfa 4 door...they have everything inside..but one of my friends said it is a christmas tree....the dashboard warning lights may just flash with no warning..hahah

• 10 months later...

alex123 wrote: :) i really like the spider and was eye-ing it for a long time...i went to test drive many many times too! *LOL*it's quite a nice drive - definitely very unique on SG roads... However, i think the drive is not as powerful as an SLK.. The hood is also quite slow for a soft top - i think the Z4 softtop closes in like 12 seconds while the spider takes closer to like 20 seconds? (i'm not exactly sure how long - since it's been almost a year since i last looked at it)however, it's definitely a nice car to have - one to surely turn heads. :) :)

I love the spider also

and its seems that its not very popular in spore, as the resale price in Sgcarmart is very low.

even with the high COE, most of the resale car price goes up but not Alfa's

I like Alfas for their shape and drive. But whenever I see an Alfa, it reminds me of a yellow fruit...... :D

Unker also like Ah Fa Lo Men!

My 1st was a 1972 Alfa Romeo 1300GT Junior - Got cheak by Celica 1600ST

Bought a 1973 Celica 1600ST - got cheak by 1972 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV

TL replaced my 1973 Celica with a 2nd Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV :)

Some of U younger guys must drive Alfas before they become extinct like dinosaurs :)

4672.gif

• Like 1

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Unker also like Ah Fa Lo Men!

My 1st was a 1972 Alfa Romeo 1300GT Junior - Got cheak by Celica 1600ST

Bought a 1973 Celica 1600ST - got cheak by 1972 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV

TL replaced my 1973 Celica with a 2nd Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV :)

Some of U younger guys must drive Alfas before they become extinct like dinosaurs :)

4672.gif

Unker, I don't have so much time to keep going to workshop. Why I stay away from this brand, I have seen pretty new cars, just finish servicing at AD and car cannot start after a few days when they send for paint work touch up at my friends paint shop. Faint ah.

But yes, it really looks chio and "special" because getting lesser and lesser on the road......

Unker, I don't have so much time to keep going to workshop. Why I stay away from this brand, I have seen pretty new cars, just finish servicing at AD and car cannot start after a few days when they send for paint work touch up at my friends paint shop. Faint ah.

But yes, it really looks chio and "special" because getting lesser and lesser on the road......

When I had the Alfas, every weekend Saturday at the mechanic.

He was my friend & my teacher and I helped at his workshop.

Most Alfa owners would have know him - Lim Joo Seng Workshop (Actual name Lim See Ann)

He was an Alfa Romeo mechanic at that time under AD City Motors.

He left and opened up a shop opposite them in Sin Ming.

Many years later he moved to Eunos and last year he moved to Kaki Bukit.

Those times consider "analog" days no ecu remapping.

U play with your weber, solex or dellorto twin caburettors - fuel jets, air jets, fuel float level.

Racing cams, close ratio gear box, extractors.

U are right - very tiring to keep the car running at it's best but that was the fun of it.......hahahaha!!!!! :)

Dedicated to old Alfa lovers :)

k639i.jpg

What KNN or BMC Filters????? :)

47231g.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers

• 9 months later...

When I had the Alfas, every weekend Saturday at the mechanic.

He was my friend & my teacher and I helped at his workshop.

Most Alfa owners would have know him - Lim Joo Seng Workshop (Actual name Lim See Ann)

He was an Alfa Romeo mechanic at that time under AD City Motors.

He left and opened up a shop opposite them in Sin Ming.

Many years later he moved to Eunos and last year he moved to Kaki Bukit.

Those times consider "analog" days no ecu remapping.

U play with your weber, solex or dellorto twin caburettors - fuel jets, air jets, fuel float level.

Racing cams, close ratio gear box, extractors.

U are right - very tiring to keep the car running at it's best but that was the fun of it.......hahahaha!!!!! :)

Dedicated to old Alfa lovers :)

k639i.jpg

What KNN or BMC Filters????? :)

47231g.jpg

Hi bro can share where to get those parts?

I have the GTV but seems like most vintage alfas have a problem with rusting ;(

My other ride's a (generally problem free) 159. Not quite vintage but try Alfa Sportivo. They seem to have Alfas spanning the decades gracing their frontage.

Used to have a 33 with the 1.5 boxer.. miss the twin carb, but yea old alfas are rust magnets.. was tempted to get an old twin-cam GT but...

Definitely thumbs up for sportivo, went there a few times to get stuff for my 147 (which was super reliable and fun), they're pretty good with aftermarket mods. I also frequented Alfa City a few doors down for my regular servicing cos I liked to talk cars with the guys there. They had quite a few old cars in the process of getting restored there too. Even saw an immaculate HF Delta Integrale. I'd put valuable bits of my anatomy on the market for one of those..

There cannot be a crisis next week. My schedule is already full.

Henry A. Kissinger

You heard of this workshop Lim Joo Seng?

Cheers