• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W204 Coupe Rattles

Guest Liquid

Guest Liquid

Hi

Does anyone with the W204 Coupe have this low-speed rattling noise? Seems to be coming from the rear, and noise is akin to an old fan spinning.

Thanks!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Liquid

Hi

Sorry to hear you've the same problem, I can empathise with you. Did you get C&C to look into it? My car is only 3 days old.

I've a very high threshold for noises but am worried if it's due to deeper problems like transmission etc.

Cheers!

Guest Liquid

Hi

Did you have the same problem too? What do you mean by "slam it hard"?

I released the rear folding seats and pushed it very hard back. I also ensured there're no loose fittings in the boot and the boot cover is secured.

Thanks!

Guest blackmercs
Hi

Did you have the same problem too? What do you mean by "slam it hard"?

I released the rear folding seats and pushed it very hard back. I also ensured there're no loose fittings in the boot and the boot cover is secured.

Thanks!

Hi nope nor yet!! Usually whenever i encounter some slight noise issues, i will slam hard couple of times & it does resolve it.

Guest shadow

For my previous ride, it was due to the rattling from the front left passenger headrest metal bar. I initially thought it was from the rear left door having something loose inside until the technician did a test drive and found the problem in my case. The problem was resolved after replacing the headrest.

• 1 month later...

had tis helicopter sound coming from the rear for my sedan.

Seems like a known problem. They installed something along the fuel line.

Thank you! Will get them to fix it when I change my engine oil at 5 000 km. Additionally, my car sometimes has this noise akin to coin jigging coming from around the COMAND area. Anyone has that? Thanks!

U seem to b having e problems experienced on my new ride.

The console area behind e Command rattles or rough roads. E noise doesn't happen frequently so it was hard for e workshop ti identify. They tried but it still came back. Over time, it increases in frequency. Noticed eventually that it always happens when I parked it under e hot sun. Let it bake.

They managed to fix it eventually.

Well, no car is perfect.

Be;ieve every make have their fair share of "bugs".

Most importantly is how Cycle goes about fixing it.

I manage my own expectations. Banging table never helps.

Or maybe my last VW has made me more patient

Thou i'm fussy, the guys at Pandan never failed me.