• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

MKB ECU Performance Tuning Kit & Sprint Booster

Guest kkkhoo

Hi all,

Another case of close to being poisoned...after carefully reading and checking various options of plug&play ECU performance upgrade kits like Brabus, Carlsson, Kleeman, Vath, Exclusive Motorsport & MKB...I'm 80% inclined towards MKB for the reasonable price and claimed pon paper power upgrade.

On top of that, I am also probably going to decide on either the Sprint Booster II (with controls) OR Exclusive Motorsport Power Pedal.

Does any bros out there have any experience on either plug & play ECU performance kits or throttle response units such as the above that you can share or feedback to help me make a choice.

I'm hoping to get it both done before our meetup at end-Feb.

Thanks.

Guest blackmercs
No experience on both items but did u contact Dr Hannson our site sponsor on tuning? He might able to point u the direction.
Yup' date=' contacted :)[/quote']

Great!! Kopi o siew tai upsize on u.

• 1 month later...

Have installed the MKB Performance Module for my 2012 C250 Coupe (C204) and also the BMC Air Filter. I can really feel the power increase after the MKB module was installed and today I installed the BMC Air Filter and can feel the differerence in terms of smooth pick up probably due to better air flow intake........I am considering the Exclusive Motorsport Power Pedal (no stock now) as I heard not so good feedback with the Sprint Booster....I am really satisifed with the MKB and BMC Air filter upgrades....

post-94-0-63974100-1333045523_thumb.jpg

post-94-0-33860600-1333045768_thumb.jpg

Was considering adding a performance module for my car. Went down to Benzline and was told that if I installed it, they recommend that I remove the system every time I send my car for servicing with C&C to avoid warrant issues. Thought it will be quite troublesome therefore I dropped the idea.

Was considering adding a performance module for my car. Went down to Benzline and was told that if I installed it, they recommend that I remove the system every time I send my car for servicing with C&C to avoid warrant issues. Thought it will be quite troublesome therefore I dropped the idea.

I was thinking of that too! Will wait for another 11 months when my warranty ends.....good or bad? :lol:

Try this one... they have agent in Singapore that installed this. Was told will not void warranty.

http://www.viezu.com...itch-video-page

Let me know if you interested than i PM u the contact.

• Like 1

Try this one... they have agent in Singapore that installed this. Was told will not void warranty.

http://www.Hviezu.com...itch-video-page

Let me know if you interested than i PM u the contact.

Bro, please PM me the contacts. Many thanks!

If it's a flash, C&C confirm can tell once they plug into your ECU. The only foolproof way us really using the piggyback and uninstalling it everytime you go servicing.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Have installed the MKB Performance Module for my 2012 C250 Coupe (C204) and also the BMC Air Filter. I can really feel the power increase after the MKB module was installed and today I installed the BMC Air Filter and can feel the differerence in terms of smooth pick up probably due to better air flow intake........I am considering the Exclusive Motorsport Power Pedal (no stock now) as I heard not so good feedback with the Sprint Booster....I am really satisifed with the MKB and BMC Air filter upgrades....

Hey I saw that you had the AMG bodykit with the twin exhaust. Did u had the entire bodykit changed i.e. you had the stock kit on or this was an add on?

• Like 1

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

What abt yr torque after these mods?

Hey I saw that you had the AMG bodykit with the twin exhaust. Did u had the entire bodykit changed i.e. you had the stock kit on or this was an add on?

The entire body kit was changed and the back bumper is C350 AMG so have twin exhaust in the diffuser and one of the exhaust is just welded on to give the symmetry and have no other function..

The entire body kit was changed and the back bumper is C350 AMG so have twin exhaust in the diffuser and one of the exhaust is just welded on to give the symmetry and have no other function..

I just sent u a PM asking about the price. Thanks man!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I was going to ask how much the body kit was, and then I realised it's a coupe!

/reading & comprehension epic fail

"I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by

madness, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn

looking for an angry fix... "

• 4 weeks later...

just some info for those interested in the MKB ecu module, they came out a new version 2 for CGI 250 engines.below is the email from MKB

Benzline is selling for $2200 include installation

Dear Sir,

thank you for your inquiry and your interest in our products.

The version 1 is for the 200CGI engines and the second version for the 250CGI.

In your case, the second version would come into consideration to achieve the following performance:

177 kW (241 HP) at 5600 rpm, 360 Nm at 1800-4300 rpm

If you need further information or assistance please don’t hesitate to contact us.

We would be pleased to receive your valued order.

Best regards,

Petros Avramidis

Purchasing Manager & Technical Assistance

MKB Motorenbau GmbH

Otto-Hahn Str. 2

71364 Winnenden

Germany

Phone: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-21

Facsimile: (+49) (0) 7195 / 9161-15

Email: [email protected]

http://www.mkb-power.de

Eingetragen Reg.-Gericht Stuttgart HRB 263616

Geschäftsführer: Panagiotis Avramidis

• 3 weeks later...

Just to share with everyone.

Tried quite hard to contact Dr Hannson but really can't get him. Finally caved and installed the MKB ECU Performance Tuning Kit. I was told there's a version 1&2 thingy for both E200 and E250, anyway they only have stock of version 2 left. I'm not a number person so no dyno done. Post installation, driving feel's good, not too sure how BHP works but you definitely can feel the torque enhancement and a lighter throttle response. Once again, no dyno done but paper guaranteed improvement is 37-40BHP and 50NM.

Was sourcing for information regarding the Exclusive Motorsports Power Pedal but seems like no one knows about it or not too spontaneous to share. Anyway, installed and like what was mentioned in another post, there are 3 settings. The new version of power pedal comes with a slim control module. Mode selection between Econ/Sports/Sports+. There's also a +/- button supposedly for you to increase/decrease the boost level if your ECU were ever tuned by Exclusive Motorsport. Experience were purely from the Sports Mode. It has no power increase whatsoever but really really sensitive and light accelerator feel. If you've driven Jap cars before, you'll know what i mean. It takes a couple of drives to get used to but i find it really fun.

My opinion, i would recommend the MKB kit, the 'delta' is pretty obvious post installation. As for the power pedal, i think its subjective, i personally hate the feeling of 1/4 accelerator input before the car moves off thus, i love it.

All parts acquired from Benzline, damage close to 3k. Can pm me if you wanna know more. Pls note also, prices quoted by Benzline are excluding 7% GST.

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bro Skunky,

is your ride still within warranty?

is it difficult to disconnect when you send in to C n C during servicing?

thanks

Hi bro,

Still got 2 years warranty, the dismantling is as easy as the installation, 10mins job. I managed to persuade e guy to dismantle for me before servicing. Likewise for the power pedal. Maybe a little troublesome but I think it's prudent to maintain the warranty. The only risk is each time u go back, u may be poison to install other things, haha.