• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Roof Racks for Bicycles?

Guest mvdennis

Guest mvdennis

unker you also ride bike ah? your car so big no need roof rack, just dump the whole bike into the boot la!

B class too short, so even if i bring the rear seats down, i need to dismantle the front wheel - damn troublesome (should have bought the Honda Odyssey ... 2 bikes can go in straight)

LOL! i actually have a normal hanging bike rack but cannot use on my B class because it will crack the rear spoiler ... you want that bike rack? i can let you have it cheap cheap :D

Guest kepiting1sg
You mean the roof spoiler arh?

yup .. the small part jutting out where the stupid brake light is ... so not adviseable to hang it there

My M also like your B - same kar chng! rear rack lidat also cannot too!

Ride without rack already 1.815m - with racks - lots of car parks cannot go in! :(

Good foldie - heard $$$ cannot afford lah!

Thinking of no choice - look for "good" 2nd hand road bike and take my chances on the road!

Guest kepiting1sg
haha i can sell you my pinarello fp2 since i seldom ride these days

then solve my problem of looking for roof rack too! LOL

Yours stock or modded with goodies.....hehehehe!

Dunno match my size or not....anyway it it's suitable sell Unker (pm price) cheep cheep lol and I solved your problem.....kkekekeke! :lol:

Guest mvdennis

unker of course also modded la ... else how to qualify to be on this forum? LOL! :D

Should be size Small, if not mistaken 48.

105 groupset, selle smp saddle to protect the vital organs, wireless speedo, carbon cages etc. The best is that it comes with 90mm Pro-Lite Vicenza rims ... :woohoo:

let me know if keen la! Hehehehe

Hi I have the original MB roof racks for bicycles but frankly it's very dangerous. My friend ripped his MB roof off together with the few thousand dollars mountain bike. Hiis car gone.

So I suggest that u get the mountain bikes rack behind the boot. Only about $200 for a good one.

Guest kepiting1sg
unker of course also modded la ... else how to qualify to be on this forum? LOL! :D

105 groupset, selle smp saddle to protect the vital organs, wireless speedo, carbon cages etc. The best is that it comes with 90mm Pro-Lite Vicenza rims ... :woohoo:

Pinarello Unker dream bike leh!

Gotto chek my piggie bank 1st but Old Unker big size leh 1.78m tall so how?

Guest mvdennis
Hi I have the original MB roof racks for bicycles but frankly it's very dangerous. My friend ripped his MB roof off together with the few thousand dollars mountain bike. Hiis car gone.

So I suggest that u get the mountain bikes rack behind the boot. Only about $200 for a good one.

wow that's scary ... never heard of that. i've seen many with 2 bikes and still going damn fast on N-S highway ... what the hell was wrong with that assembly i wonder.

Guest mvdennis

Pinarello Unker dream bike leh!

Gotto chek my piggie bank 1st but Old Unker big size leh 1.78m tall so how?

unker i think you're probably too tall for 48 size bike unless you like to hunker down on the small bike like a TT setup ...

anyway, cheap cheap only la. FP2 is entry level. machiam like B class like that

:P

• 5 months later...

order the original roof rack from surpluss and buy the bike carrier from volvo. it is the same as Thule 591 as thule OEM it for volvo.

it is definitely cheaper this way of configuration. i have done it for my A class.

post-1527-0-17918200-1343701348_thumb.jpg

post-1527-0-01661100-1343701418_thumb.jpg

post-1527-0-15177400-1343701487_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...