• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ECU and custom tune for MB

Guest TD042

For those who wish to get some fun, this are the guys that tunned up MB, hope all this information help and feel free to add in any guys that tune MB.

1)monster tune remapped are SGD980.including of GST

Alvin 83331487

Nick 97606637

http://www.monster-tune.com/

2)obd-tuning remapped are SGD890 including of GST.

Dave : 8180 8008

http://www.obd-tuning.com.sg/

3)Benzline does not remapped and they have after market ECU for MB.

MKB Performance ECU Module $1700 Before GST

Exclusive Motorsports High Performance ECU Module $1380 Before GST

6744 5877

http://www.benzline.com.sg/

4) Can't find him at the moment and some said; he went Korean to tune up 'kim' MB and the passion for tunning MB is never dead. All we know he call "Dr Hannson"

Anyway he back and he our site sponsor

Edited by snsd555
thanks to TD042 for the formatted post

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the post bro. Was looking for a tuner. Narrowed down to :

1. Monster tune

2. Rhommel Tuning

3. Autovox

4. Dr. hannson

After an exhaustive search, still can't find any tuner that specializes in MB. Any inputs or other tuners to recommend? Thanks in advance.

was also scouring through to tune my car. finally went down to Monster Tune to talk to Alvin n Nick. Seem like knowledgable guys who know their stuff. price pretty reasonable too. as my car is very new (2012 w204) they are still gathering info to see if it can be done. read the vags forum http://www.vagsg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57929 as most comments about them seem pretty good.

• 3 weeks later...

That was not the original liner that i 1st post, so messy, it should look like this and i have add in contact for convenient.

For those who wish to get some fun, this are the guys that tunned up MB, hope all this information help and feel free to add in any guys that tune MB.

1)monster tune remapped are SGD980.including of GST

Alvin 83331487

Nick 97606637

http://www.monster-tune.com/

2)obd-tuning remapped are SGD890 including of GST.

Dave : 8180 8008

http://www.obd-tuning.com.sg/

3)Benzline does not remapped and they have after market ECU for MB.

MKB Performance ECU Module $1700 Before GST

Exclusive Motorsports High Performance ECU Module $1380 Before GST

6744 5877

http://www.benzline.com.sg/

4) Can't find him at the moment and some said; he went Korean to tune up 'kim' MB and the passion for tunning MB is never dead. All we know he call "Dr Hannson"

Anyway he back and he our site sponsor

5) Autovox (SKN Performance Tuning)

Stage 1 (+16bhp, +20Nm) price is around S$2k with overnight installation(including GST)

6475 5775

http://www.autovox.net/index.php

下定绝心,不怕牺牲, 排出万难, 我一定会成功!!! :lol:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.!!! :ph34r:

Thanks for the post bro. Was looking for a tuner. Narrowed down to :1. Monster tune2. Rhommel Tuning3. Autovox4. Dr. hannsonAfter an exhaustive search, still can't find any tuner that specializes in MB. Any inputs or other tuners to recommend? Thanks in advance.

Can look for dave, i have spoke to him before.

was also scouring through to tune my car. finally went down to Monster Tune to talk to Alvin n Nick. Seem like knowledgable guys who know their stuff. price pretty reasonable too. as my car is very new (2012 w204) they are still gathering info to see if it can be done. read the vags forum http://www.vagsg.com...ead.php?t=57929 as most comments about them seem pretty good.

Once yours car get tune to let us know what it goes like. Cheers and welcome to the dark side. :lol:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.!!! :ph34r:

btw bro, any news on OBD? heard from some other conti forums that there was some issues and it's impossible to contact them anymore?

bro, 'them' refer to who cos i just spoke to dave 2 hrs ago.

True value-for-money remap with in-house Swiss Engineer with 15 years experience. Do sms me at XXXXXXXX. ECU is best left to true professionals.

Edited by g8crasher
Post edited for non compliance with our Sponsor Program. Please enquire if you wish to be a sponsor in SGMerc.

True value-for-money remap with in-house Swiss Engineer with 15 years experience. Do sms me at XXXXXXXX. ECU is best left to true professionals.

Bro, any website for us? :)

Hi guys, just giving my 5cents of view.

How about monster-tune?

(I'm in no way affiliated to them)

I just had my '05 R171 done by Alvin and nick about a month ago.

Car definitely feel more responsive and smoother. More willing to accelerate. Increase of 15HP and 20NM of torque. Had my car mapped for an early throttle response too. Amazingly, my fuel comsumption dropped although there's more ponies and torque added. So forget about sprint booster (save the money) Supposedly to be a 2 days job. But they manage to get it done for me in a mere 2 hours. Excellent service. Both Alvin and Nick are friendly and fun dudes. Check out their website and do consider giving them a call, they'll be more willing to answer any of your questions.

Hi guys, just giving my 5cents of view.

How about monster-tune?

(I'm in no way affiliated to them)

I just had my '05 R171 done by Alvin and nick about a month ago.

Car definitely feel more responsive and smoother. More willing to accelerate. Increase of 15HP and 20NM of torque. Had my car mapped for an early throttle response too. Amazingly, my fuel comsumption dropped although there's more ponies and torque added. So forget about sprint booster (save the money) Supposedly to be a 2 days job. But they manage to get it done for me in a mere 2 hours. Excellent service. Both Alvin and Nick are friendly and fun dudes. Check out their website and do consider giving them a call, they'll be more willing to answer any of your questions.

Orh they are waiting to be our site sponsor. Let them know that the time has come :).

• Like 1

G8, they have rave reviews in vagsg and I was wondering why no one here used them. I actually fixed a date 2 weeks ago after taking delivery for them to tune my c350. Met some guys and they managed to talk me out of it. After some deliberation, thought what the heck. Just went down this morning to pay the deposit. Will update you guys on the mod.

I met Alvin from MT this afternoon, he took a look at my 2008 pre-FL W204. Unfortunately my ride belongs to the class of ECUs that can't be remapped directly, based on his knowledge and equipment. However he offered me a piggyback option, which was a tuning box from Koch (you can check it out on their blog).

He's def v knowledgeable and willing to spend time explaining to laymen like me, so I left w a pretty good impression of him, even though I left empty handed.

Am prob going to approach a couple of other tuners (including the Dr when he returns from overseas) before I decide what to do next.

I met Alvin from MT this afternoon, he took a look at my 2008 pre-FL W204. Unfortunately my ride belongs to the class of ECUs that can't be remapped directly, based on his knowledge and equipment. However he offered me a piggyback option, which was a tuning box from Koch (you can check it out on their blog).

He's def v knowledgeable and willing to spend time explaining to laymen like me, so I left w a pretty good impression of him, even though I left empty handed.

Am prob going to approach a couple of other tuners (including the Dr when he returns from overseas) before I decide what to do next.

Camping here. They recommended me koch tuning box as well. I'm considering Kleemann kbox as another option. Rest not yet explored.

///// AMG

don't want to put down them or anything but try googling "obd tuning dave naidu" and you'll see what i mean. :/

lolz, Thanks for the great information. Really appreciate it. :)

G8, they have rave reviews in vagsg and I was wondering why no one here used them. I actually fixed a date 2 weeks ago after taking delivery for them to tune my c350. Met some guys and they managed to talk me out of it. After some deliberation, thought what the heck. Just went down this morning to pay the deposit. Will update you guys on the mod.

hmmm, alot of good comment on them, guess i know who to tune up my ride. :D

TS, can consider adding SKN Performance Tuning to this list.

I went down to Autovox to check it out today, Stage 1 (+16bhp, +20Nm) price is around S$2k with overnight installation. Process for my 2008 Pre-FL W204 is a direct hardwire remap of the ECU (i.e. they will remove the ECU from the car for tuning). Process (and also pricing) may be different for other models.

They also have a sprint booster called X-celerator (spelling may not be accurate)

I went down to Autovox to check it out today, Stage 1 (+16bhp, +20Nm) price is around S$2k with overnight installation. Process for my 2008 Pre-FL W204 is a direct hardwire remap of the ECU (i.e. they will remove the ECU from the car for tuning). Process (and also pricing) may be different for other models.

They also have a sprint booster called X-celerator (spelling may not be accurate)

ok done, let me know if any of the information is wrong! Cheers...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

hi bro:

u tried the autovox skn tuning already?

how is it?

got more powerful? fc got get better?

i looking at tuning my c200 cos my fc is abt 7.69km/l... ppl say tune liaoz can improve...

been gg ard but many ppl cant tune c200... their software cant read the ecu...

yapz yapz!!!

this Alvin guy is very steady! can or cannot he tell u straight... little bit of query he also will take and answer one...

i went down to him before but his laptop not able to tune my c200... he suggested piggyback but he also said piggybacks have its own limits... then i told him i not gian in piggybacks but after that i still ask him lotsa question and he still take them! very swee and steady a person!

anyway, which brings me back...

any bros did any tuning which improves the fc one? my fc is abt 7.69km/l for 50% city and 50%highway...

i have always thot it shd be better one...

350km and i have to refuel... petrol kiosk is like my 2nd home! wahaha!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates if ECU can be updated without the piggy back for CGI engine?

Yes, do check with our performance site sponsors such as DrHannson, Monster-Tune, etc. They'll be able to assist you.

• 2 months later...

yapz yapz!!!

this Alvin guy is very steady! can or cannot he tell u straight... little bit of query he also will take and answer one...

i went down to him before but his laptop not able to tune my c200... he suggested piggyback but he also said piggybacks have its own limits... then i told him i not gian in piggybacks but after that i still ask him lotsa question and he still take them! very swee and steady a person!

anyway, which brings me back...

any bros did any tuning which improves the fc one? my fc is abt 7.69km/l for 50% city and 50%highway...

i have always thot it shd be better one...

350km and i have to refuel... petrol kiosk is like my 2nd home! wahaha!

C200 kompressor or CGI?? YOM?? Whats yr setup or mods till date? abt 7.69km/l is consider on the high side.

• 2 weeks later...