• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W221 Air suspension

Guest cc low

after only 63K, my front air suspension leaks and need to be replaced.

any idea what is the price range for a pair of front airmatic shocks?

is it safe to change only 1 side , or must I change a pair?

thanks for any advise.

:bounce:

Guest blackmercs

cc low wrote:

after only 63K, my front air suspension leaks and need to be replaced.

any idea what is the price range for a pair of front airmatic shocks?

is it safe to change only 1 side , or must I change a pair?

thanks for any advise.

Welcome!! No more warranty i presume. Is expensive but is recommended to change a pair instead of one pce.

For those who may be interested, I was quoted from C&C Service for $5,800 (a pair) exclude installation. But I have mine replaced at a garage in Bedok for $4,250 including installation (and original MB parts from C&C)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Air suspensions, as I understand, may be replaced individually. At least that was what I was advised by my rather experienced mechanic for my W220. I do not think it is any different with the W221. W220s may use Bilsteins, which are cheaper than MB original, but I am not sure if Bilsteins are available for W221s.

• 4 months later...

For those who may be interested, I was quoted from C&C Service for $5,800 (a pair) exclude installation. But I have mine replaced at a garage in Bedok for $4,250 including installation (and original MB parts from C&C):bounce:

Air suspensions, as I understand, may be replaced individually. At least that was what I was advised by my rather experienced mechanic for my W220. I do not think it is any different with the W221. W220s may use Bilsteins, which are cheaper than MB original, but I am not sure if Bilsteins are available for W221s.

hi could you guys be kind enough to share the workshop you did the repairs at?

thanks

zac

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

after only 63K, my front air suspension leaks and need to be replaced. any idea what is the price range for a pair of front airmatic shocks? is it safe to change only 1 side , or must I change a pair? thanks for any advise. :bounce:

mine also need to be replaced after only 44k....... i did only 1 side leh.... so problem for a few months..... however, once 1 side is spolit, the other side cannot tahan for too long lah...... i replaced the other side after 8 months. :(

For those who may be interested, I was quoted from C&C Service for $5,800 (a pair) exclude installation. But I have mine replaced at a garage in Bedok for $4,250 including installation (and original MB parts from C&C) :bounce:

Bro for $4250 for a pair thats cheap liow..... shall have known this before i got mine changed. :(

i paid fo $2300 per side....... also NOT from C&C.

This guy is digging up old thread....which supposed to be in the coffin already.... Swee

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It will happen "suddenly" without warning, the suspension will give way causing the car to be unbalanced (similar like a punctured tyre).  The onboard will give a warning sign and indicate the remarks "Car Too Low, STOP" i think.

• Like 1

If not there will be dam werid sound coming from the wheel like dropping of rings that's the time to be change

• Like 1

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Damn lucky. Today kena the logo (vehicle rising one) but with the words MALFUNCTION

I suppose my airmatic is gone. Close to 60k km. 

May I know a good place to get it done? Or which stockist/workshop do you guys go to? Called Chip Soon and they say I cannot bring my own suspension there; must buy from them. 

thanks much.

Swift-Sunny-Sonata-156-Brera-MINI cabriolet-Grand Picasso-S300

Try Round Motor they do allow bring your own parts but labour will not be cheap for suspension.

For Original parts for my W220 they charge me 1800 b4 GST if I don recall wrongly with labour

True..... Just realised you were on GP before switching to Merc....

Thanx pal.
Anyway went to chip soon to get it fixed. My primary concern is the safety of my family. There is no price you can put on safety.

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

haha true.... No Price tag on safety.....hehe

• Like 1