• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Stock Boost levels

Guest subaru67

Guest subaru67

hi bros...

think apart from diff bhp in our 1.8L turbo engines...

they have also diff boost levels...

i read in other thread that the stock boost of a e250 cgi (1.8L) engine is running at ard 1.1bar of boost...

while me on my c180 cgi is running only with 0.5bar of boost... i know its 0.5 bar as i have installed a boost guage on my ride... ahhahah

with a spike of 0.8 bar..

haiz if only can increase boost like in jap car just by adding a boost controller to 1 bar wld be ideal liao:becky:

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vt5sport

subaru67 wrote:

ya lor ours under boost.... but suprised at 0.5 bar pull is still good:becky:

Haha...tink MB spec bluff ppl one. :becky:Test drove the C200K and C180K (1.6L). On paper, the C200k more bhp but the butt dyno doesn't feel any more powerful than the C180 CGI. Again on paper, the 1.6L C180K same bhp as the C180 CGI but definitely less pull. Maybe paper spec to maintain the pecking order and to justify the additional pricing from the same engine?

Guest hkhamateur

subaru67 wrote:

hi bros...

think apart from diff bhp in our 1.8L turbo engines...

they have also diff boost levels...

i read in other thread that the stock boost of a e250 cgi (1.8L) engine is running at ard 1.1bar of boost...

while me on my c180 cgi is running only with 0.5bar of boost... i know its 0.5 bar as i have installed a boost guage on my ride... ahhahah

with a spike of 0.8 bar..

haiz if only can increase boost like in jap car just by adding a boost controller to 1 bar wld be ideal liao:becky:

Wa....0.5 boost oni!! :shocked:

Wa....1.1 boost fr forum e250!! :music:

Bro Subaru, 0.5 boost can u feel it?? :tsk:

Guest subaru67

hkhamateur wrote:

Wa....0.5 boost oni!! :shocked:

Wa....1.1 boost fr forum e250!! :music:

Bro Subaru, 0.5 boost can u feel it?? :tsk:

funny lor... in jap car 0.5bar cant feel but in benz can....:becky:

Guest hkhamateur

subaru67 wrote:

funny lor... in jap car 0.5bar cant feel but in benz can....:becky:

When I upgraded e piston ring/ head, was told nt to boost abv 0.5 :whistle:

Near 0.5 bar scooby feel like gonna sniff bt nt tat kind of feelg. Damn frustrated wait to hve it set to 1.5bar boost! :rockon:

Bt TD04H turbo scoop it well at 0.7-0.8 bar at approx. 2500rpm!

Guest subaru67

hkhamateur wrote:

When I upgraded e piston ring/ head, was told nt to boost abv 0.5 :whistle:

Near 0.5 bar scooby feel like gonna sniff bt nt tat kind of feelg. Damn frustrated wait to hve it set to 1.5bar boost! :rockon:

Bt TD04H turbo scoop it well at 0.7-0.8 bar at approx. 2500rpm!

hahahah i get what u mean... when my LGT do up with wisco pistons/eagle conrods/sti crankset and semi-close deck... boost 1.5 bar was steaming:becky: