• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Nobody told me about this...

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

There are these 2 square hatch on the car front bumper just in front of the lights. So today I tried out the windscreen washer and learned something new; the headlights get washed too at the 10th time of using the windscreen washer. ILS comes with light washer and I don't even know.

bSBQG_ioj6k

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cklasse wrote:

There are these 2 square hatch on the car front bumper just in front of the lights. So today I tried out the windscreen washer and learned something new; the headlights get washed too at the 10th time of using the windscreen washer. ILS comes with light washer and I don't even know.

bSBQG_ioj6k

It's in the manual....even the SE didn't explain that to me when I collected the car. Usually the headlamp washer works when u use the windscreen washer with the headlamps switched on at the 1st try....at least that was what my Lexus GS300 did. I find it stupid that it works only on the 10th try. In the past 1.5yr since I got the car, I have no chance to activate this feature as who would use the windscreen washer up to 10 times for each drive? The moment the engine is off, the 'counter' is reset to zero, it's not cumulative.

arshavin wrote:

http://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/249371-w204-secrets-thread-22.html

all the secrets of w204 can be found inside the thread.

Thks for this link....here's for easy reference;

Mercedes Benz C Class (W204) Tips, Tricks, Features and cool stuff

There is an Auxiliary input port in the glovebox. If you purchased the iPod integration kit, the aux input is tucked away under the plastic cover – and can still be accessed if you unclip the cover and the menu can still be accessed via the AUDIO or DISC submenus.

If you have the automatic transmission, push the stick to the left and hold it there will activate the tiptronic gearset directly into a downshifted gear powerband to provide a little extra oomf to pass cars. Pushing the stick to the right side and holding it there will return you to standard automatic transmission from the tiptronic mode.

If you are swapping cars (or are just a little forgetful), the fuel gauge petrol tank symbol has a little arrow which points to the side of the car that the fuel filler is on.

Brake rotors stay at peak efficiency from feathering initiated after every 10 windshield wipes during rain.

Activating the window demisters will also activate side mirror heaters.

Headlamp cleaners activate every 10 windshield washes.

When the sun / Pano roof is left open on an extremely hot sunny day, the car will automatically close it (tilt position) after 30 minutes. If the car is also equipped with a rain sensor, the car will again close (tilt position) the roof as soon as the sensors detect rain. Both of these are only activated if the car is parked (ignition off).

The C Class has a PRE-SAFE system, which automatically closes windows, sunroof, and moves the seats, headrest and steering wheel to a more protective position (all done within milliseconds) as soon as the car senses that an accident is imminent. This is the 2nd stage of pre-safe. First stage is the passive pre-emptive measure, like ESP etc. The 3rd stage is post an accident, which automaticly shuts down the engine, cuts off fuel supply, automatically turning on the hazards lights, lowering the windows slightly and unlocking all doors.

Roll back assist is active for most gradient slopes in both forward and reverse gears.

The new W204 vent holes around the rear tail lights – these actually begin behind the rear wheels allowing hot air to escape away from the rotors and reduce both brake dust build up and the overall drag (aerodynamic friction) co-efficiency.

Those with the full MM COMAND system have a nice extra feature – along with the “speed dependent” volume increase, an internal microphone also monitors cabin noise and will automatically increase the volume to compensate. For a bit of fun – try this at home with a vacuum cleaner!

The same system also kicks in when you activate voice recognition, if the microphone detects a high white noise level, it tries to reduce the noise by lowering the air conditioner to minimum levels until voice commands have finished.

Leaving your headlights in Auto mode will provide a 30 second “home light” function (the parking & fog lights will remain lit when you arm or disarm your car when it is dark).

While listening to a CD, the music register or an MP3 track, sometimes the full title of the song playing is hidden - just press the # button on the dash and you will see the full title and the artist.

The * key will allow you to jump to a specific track or radio station

If you have previously engaged your cruise control at lets say 70mph and are off cruse control but want to reset it to your current speed, raise the cruise control lever to the up position. This will reset it to your current speed where if you pulled the lever towards you, you'll be returned to the previous set speed.

Automatic transmission versions have a “down hill assit” like function, where the vehicle will recognise the gradient and will provide assistance by downshifting a gear to provide more control and power to the wheels.

Tunnel mode is available hold down air-recirculation button for 3 seconds – this will close all windows and sunroof. Upon exiting the tunnel, holding the recirculation for an additional 3 seconds will return all windows and sunroof to previous positions.

The boot has an emergency release on the inside. This stays lit for 60 minutes after closing.

Setting your own custom “parking aid view”

Turn the ignition key to the on (not start) position.

Press the button for the exterior mirror on the front-passenger side.

Use adjustment buttons to adjust the exterior mirror to a position which allows you to see the rear wheel and the kerb.

Press memory button M and one of the arrows on adjustment button within three seconds of each other. (The parking position is stored if the exterior mirror does not move).

Steps to Reset the TCU.

Resetting the TCU will reset transmission to factory shift points and the car will 'relearn' your driving style.

Press the gas pedal to the floor and hold for five seconds.

Turn the key to the "off" position (don't remove the key), then release the gas pedal.

Wait at least two minutes for TCU to reset.

Steps to access Vehicle Data and/or Fully Disable ESP (see also Video)

Hold the “Phone answer” key on the steering wheel

Then also hold the “OK” button on the steering wheel

A screen will appear in the dash within 3 seconds with the submenu.

Steps to access hidden engineering menu

Hold the red “hang up telephone” button, the Hash (#) key and the one (1) key simultaneously on the centre dash for 2-5 seconds.

A “hidden engineering menu appears on the centre screen which allows you to see the versions of software and diagnostics information.

Links of interest:

MB online Video Magazine : http://mercedes-benz.tv/

Monthly MB CD – Video clips and MP3 downloads : http://www.mixed-tape.com/

Online/interactive C Class Manuals (searchable!) : http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars...ng/flash8.html

Guest kepiting1sg

I would prefer no headlamp washer cos when U sprayed, the water also get on to your bonnet. When your bonnet is dusty, the headlamp washer water will create a mess on your bonnet.:becky:

I think it could be possible to program the number of windscreen wipes for the headlamp washer by engine diagnostic program.

Quote// Setting your own custom “parking aid view”

Use adjustment buttons to adjust the exterior mirror to a position which allows you to see the rear wheel and the kerb.

Press memory button M and one of the arrows on adjustment button within three seconds of each other. (The parking position is stored if the exterior mirror does not move).// Unquote

My C180 does not have any M button....?

Where is it located?

Guest blackmercs

jon wrote:

Quote// Setting your own custom “parking aid view”

Press memory button M and one of the arrows on adjustment button within three seconds of each other. (The parking position is stored if the exterior mirror does not move).// Unquote

My C180 does not have any M button....?

Where is it located?

Yr car must hv memory seat features for this to work.

Guest jhun_4040

subaru67 wrote:

this function i also dun like... hahaha it works well at high speed so that water can flow quickly away but car got stain after that:becky:

like protein stain ayar

• 5 years later...