• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ECU Piggyback on MB Cars

Guest cylee

May I check what piggyback you guys are using? Doc too busy to reply

If u are using CGI... the Dr can help u... but if Kompressor... Guess u have to find Ah Boon from Autospritz... like Mark did...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Just wondering even after unplug, can C&C run diagnostic when checking on ecu issues thus find out that piggyback was used and/or ecu had been overwritten?

Bro, I installed a RaceChip (another brand of piggy back ecu) on my wife's VW Polo 6R but she didn't like it so I had to take it off just when she was about to send her car for servicing. When she return from the car servicing, she didn't KPKB at me for having installed the RaceChip on her car meaning the RaceChip left no trace t obe detected by the servicing dealer lor.

Finally made my decision on the piggy back after being enlightened at the last gtg. Made arrangement with one of the site sponosors next Friday to install the tuning box. Also will be changing to ceramic brake pads on the same day. Think these will do......for now.

Finally made my decision on the piggy back after being enlightened at the last gtg. Made arrangement with one of the site sponosors next Friday to install the tuning box. Also will be changing to ceramic brake pads on the same day. Think these will do......for now.

Lucky you that CGI got tons of stuff to play, and even direct ECU tune right..unlike poor kompressor chaps.. :sick: . So far even the unichips guys had not done a w204 kompressors...

• Like 1

Did you consider the MKB Piggyback discussed at the other thread? Can check with Mark if you are interested.

Yup, i did. MKB or Kleemann Kbox have all preset parameters. Unichip or tuning boxes can customised to your car hardware and driving pattern. So if no choice then got either of MKB or Kbox lo..

Bro, which vendor are you getting the piggy from? Mind to pm cost??

Bro, I installed a RaceChip (another brand of piggy back ecu) on my wife's VW Polo 6R but she didn't like it so I had to take it off just when she was about to send her car for servicing. When she return from the car servicing, she didn't KPKB at me for having installed the RaceChip on her car meaning the RaceChip left no trace t obe detected by the servicing dealer lor.

thanks bro for your input. i use to think at vw, they quite bo chap attitude. as in just override your present program with the latest. they dont even bother to check what u have there. my sense when i had the vw. use to visit them like eat ice cream.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

the "piggyback" as the names suggests, is something that you can attach/remove at your own will... when attached, your ECU reads the codes that are written into the piggyback and the car responds accordingly to those new codes... when the piggyback is removed, your ECU reads the stock codes that your car came originally programmed with... if you have a piggyback attached, best to remove it before going for servicing at C&C (assuming that your ride is from the authorised agent) so that your warranty will not be void... :peace:

Are there any other "side effects" from piggyback? Assuming the process is fully reversible...will it lead to faster wear and tear of the engine?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Driving a slk350. Any good and reasonably price workshop to recommend to remap ECU? I dont wanna do piggyback. Currently on "open" exhaust. So just wanna simple mod. Change a set of rims, change brakes and remap. Thats all. Any bros wanna sell their 18/19" 5x112 rims and tyres tgt? Do keep me posted!

Hi All,

Speed Haus is the authorized dealer of Racechip. Kindly visit our thread on it which we have just posted and let us know if we can be of service for tuning your cars.  Thank you!

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Tel: 67433123

Fax: 67433201

http://www.speedhaus.com.sg

http://www.facebook.com/speedhauspl

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

i had my C180 CGI tune with unichip version Q by Andrew and i loved it. after dyno i have ard 220 BHP and 400+ touque have to dig out my dyno sheet from my file somewhere….

as it was overboost i have to tune it down. it was running at ard 1.4-1.5 bar. have it lowered to 1.2bar for a smoother ride. Loved the ride ever since the tunning!

• Like 1