• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone done this upgrade on their W204? Very good read!

Guest grey3443

Guest ricric_lo

Hi, if you need the factory document on how to remove/install the door panel, just send your email to me via PM, I'm pleased to provide such document to you.

However, if you knew nothing about the car audio, had better spend a bit more money to leave those thing to the professional in order to avoid damanging your ride.

Cheers, Ricky

Guest grey3443

Thanks in advance! Actually, I have no intendtion to mod the speaker on my own. I'm merely buying the idea of changing the stock speaker to the recommended Infinity speaker for both front and back.

Guest grey3443

Wes23 wrote:

Bro, it would be advisable to check out some others brands too. Some of our bros here have modified their ICE system! Hear them out then decide again!

I know, that's why I'm posting for suggestion. The suggested mod sounds cheap and good....

Guest kepiting1sg

After market component sets are usually "high-power" and need proper amps to drive them.

By changing the stock speakers to after market component set, you stock amp imho is not "beef" enough to drive them.

My Rp2 worth!

do also note that being component speakers, the crossover points might be different between the stock component speakers and the new speakers. Just because it has the same drive units (tweeters and woofers) does not meant their crossover is at the same frequency.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest subaru67

kepiting1sg wrote:

After market component sets are usually "high-power" and need proper amps to drive them.

By changing the stock speakers to after market component set, you stock amp imho is not "beef" enough to drive them.

My Rp2 worth!

uncle... so min need to add at least an amp if i change aftermarket front com speakers right... if just change speaker maybe not enuff to power them... btw stock w204 is brandless right but funny the bass is shiok as compared to jap cars

Guest grey3443

subaru67 wrote:

uncle... so min need to add at least an amp if i change aftermarket front com speakers right... if just change speaker maybe not enuff to power them... btw stock w204 is brandless right but funny the bass is shiok as compared to jap cars

According to my attached, the writer actually says that the stock head unit actually have a decent power to pump up the speaker. I will try and see if it is true when my ride arrive.

Guest subaru67

grey3443 wrote:

According to my attached, the writer actually says that the stock head unit actually have a decent power to pump up the speaker. I will try and see if it is true when my ride arrive.

oic... hahaha what com u planning to install?