• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Eibach and Bilstein = Performance2 for W204

Guest george

Guest hannson

More info for Bilstein:

B12 Pro-Kit - 30mm lower. Shocks/Springs Combo

B14 PSS - 30mm - 50mm lower. Shocks/Springs Combo + Height Adjustable

B16 PSS10 - 30mm - 50mm lower. Shocks/Springs Combo + Height Adjustable + Damper adjustable

I'm going to poison myself... *gulp*

Guest hkhamateur

george wrote:

Anyone here using this Eibach and Bilstein = Performance2 - Eibach B12 Sportline or Eibach B12 Pro-Kit? For their W204? If so, how much does it cost?

http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/cms

Yo george, gd day bro. :yo:

I'm w KW lowerg spring. Max. 30mm. :becky:

Comfort yet firmer than stock. Aso it'll beautified yr ride. :whistle:

Opt out full susp combo coz didnt want to sacrif e comfort feel! :hand:

Guest calvintcc

any idea what's the damage to my pocket for a compete change to KW?

I think the stock is too soft especially in the rear but do not want to trade too much off ride comfort too.

hkhamateur wrote:

Guest hkhamateur

calvintcc wrote:

any idea what's the damage to my pocket for a compete change to KW?

I think the stock is too soft especially in the rear but do not want to trade too much off ride comfort too.

Understand. :becky:

I was with lowerg spring eversince until my previous turbo rides and trackg at PG, sepang. Street uses can compromise abit here there. U will change after. :whistle:

So...slowg get to knw and understand yr ride first. :hand:

Bt I wld recommend this bilstein products. heard alot conti rides goes with it too. ie: Bimmer, Audi, Alfa etc... Of course KW too.

U shld consider B12 Pro-Kit - 30mm lower. Shocks/Springs Combo first.

Get in touch w our Doc Hannson on this enquiry. He'll be gladly and happy to share with you the benefits in both product and $$. :bounce:

As fr me, if gonna back on trackg, this'll be my poison:

B16 PSS10 - 30mm - 50mm lower. Shocks/Springs Combo + Height Adjustable + Damper adjustable

Oh...no.....no cure no medical no hope! :boom::Cry:

Hi,

I installed the Bilstein B12 sportline on my w204, but it did not comes with Eibach Pro-Kit spring, instead it is Bilstein in-house spring.

The ride was too hard for me, and feel more of the road vibration.

Feedback to B-line where I bought from and they suggested that I change the spring to Eibach/H&R spring as the Bilstein spring rate is probably too stiff. I changed to H&R sport spring and the ride is great, more controlled and much better than stock. The drop is just nice, not too low that you will hit the bottom when going through hump. Being with it for almost half year, great ride. Bought mine from B-line, pm me for price. if you are planning to get one, suggest u check and get one that comes with Eibach pro-kit spring and not Bilstein spring. If it comes with Bilstein spring, just get the B12 shock and buy Eibach/H&R spring separately.

cheers.

george wrote:

Anyone here using this Eibach and Bilstein = Performance2 - Eibach B12 Sportline or Eibach B12 Pro-Kit? For their W204? If so, how much does it cost?

http://performance-suspension.eibach.de/cms

Guest lightning

C18ty wrote:

Hi,

I installed the Bilstein B12 sportline on my w204, but it did not comes with Eibach Pro-Kit spring, instead it is Bilstein in-house spring.

Feedback to B-line where I bought from and they suggested that I change the spring to Eibach/H&R spring as the Bilstein spring rate is probably too stiff. I changed to H&R sport spring and the ride is great, more controlled and much better than stock. The drop is just nice, not too low that you will hit the bottom when going through hump. Being with it for almost half year, great ride. Bought mine from B-line, pm me for price. if you are planning to get one, suggest u check and get one that comes with Eibach pro-kit spring and not Bilstein spring. If it comes with Bilstein spring, just get the B12 shock and buy Eibach/H&R spring separately.

cheers.

:welcome: Bro C18ty, firstly welcome to Sgmerc and thanks for your comments...looks like you've got a nice set-up for your W204...pls join us this Fri nite so that more of our bros/sistas can appreciate and learn from you...:becky:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20529

and our AMG gathering...

http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20418

hope you enjoy your stay with us...cheers :car:

Guest hannson

Rather odd as b12s are usually bilstein shocks with eibach springs

Some dealers I know buys the shocks separately and package with other springs and call them b12s.

Both B12 SportLine and B12 Pro-Kit comes with Eibach springs

http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/products/sport-and-threaded-ride-high-adjustable-kits/bilstein-b12-pro-kit.html

http://www.bilstein.de/en/products/sport-and-threaded-ride-high-adjustable-kits/bilstein-b12-sportline.html

BILSTEIN B12 Sportline

Sporty look and technology for great performance.

If you’re looking for the perfect combination of sporty dynamics, a superior appearance and high performance, you’re on exactly the right track with this sport suspension.

The product benefits at a glance:

Professional Cornering System Sport PCSS

Direct response, good driving perfomance and sporty look

Lowering up to 50 mm

EIBACH Sportline Performance sports springs with progressive characteristic

Springs and shock absorbers road-tested and fi ne-tuned to complement one other perfectly

BILSTEIN gas pressure technology

BILSTEIN mono-tube/Upside-Down technology, made in Germany

German TÜV certificate

Made in Germany

BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit

The choice of professionals.

If you’re looking for the perfect combination of sporty dynamics, a superior appearance and high performance, you’re on exactly the right track with this sport suspension.

Professional Cornering System PCS

Precise response, excellent driving performance and high reserves of safety

Lowering up to 40 mm

EIBACH Pro-Kit performance springs with progressive characteristic

Springs and shock absorbers road-tested and fi ne-tuned to complement one other perfectly

German TÜV certificate

Made in Germany

C18ty wrote:

Hi,

cheers.

Guest calvintcc

hannson wrote:

Rather odd as b12s are usually bilstein shocks with eibach springs

Some dealers I know buys the shocks separately and package with other springs and call them b12s.

Both B12 SportLine and B12 Pro-Kit comes with Eibach springs

http://www.bilstein.de/en-uk/products/sport-and-threaded-ride-high-adjustable-kits/bilstein-b12-pro-kit.html

http://www.bilstein.de/en/products/sport-and-threaded-ride-high-adjustable-kits/bilstein-b12-sportline.html

BILSTEIN B12 Sportline

Sporty look and technology for great performance.

Professional Cornering System Sport PCSS

Direct response, good driving perfomance and sporty look

Lowering up to 50 mm

EIBACH Sportline Performance sports springs with progressive characteristic

German TÜV certificate

Made in Germany

BILSTEIN B12 Pro-Kit

The choice of professionals.

Professional Cornering System PCS

Precise response, excellent driving performance and high reserves of safety

Lowering up to 40 mm

EIBACH Pro-Kit performance springs with progressive characteristic

German TÜV certificate

Made in Germany

Doc what would you suggest just to stiffen a little. I don't want my ride to be to hard.

Guest hannson

calvintcc wrote:

Doc what would you suggest just to stiffen a little. I don't want my ride to be to hard.
if you are not looking to lower your car, go for a Bilstein B6.

Actually B6 can also be used for lowered rides.. but it's not as stiff as B8.

B6 is stiffer than stock :)

I'm likely to be bringing in the B12, B14 and B16. So if you want either the B6 or B8, I can also help to bring in for you :)

Guest hkhamateur

rssid wrote:

Pick up a set of eibach pro springs from the local distro Alfa sportivo at about $340 if you pay by cash. Easiest method but requires a wheel alingment after.

Yo bros George n Calvintcc, eibach lowerg spring offered by bro rssid is a steal! :shocked:

dun wait liao! :becky:

installg n alignment approx. S$150-180 dependg which workshop. :hand:

After hvg it w yr rides, u ll thks bro rssid n others. :music:

Guest hannson

rssid wrote:

Pick up a set of eibach pro springs from the local distro Alfa sportivo at about $340 if you pay by cash. Easiest method but requires a wheel alingment after.
4 springs for a total of S$340 nett is good price!

That's like $85 per spring. GOOD DEAL :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mercbumpkin

hkhamateur wrote:

Are there occurances of scraping bottom after lowering?ie: bugis cp

Guest hannson

Mercbumpkin wrote:

bugis cp you can scrap even without lowering LOL....

but there are 2 exits... the other exit is ok.

Guest hkhamateur

Mercbumpkin wrote:

Doc Hannson is right! :whistle:

Even stock wil suffer e ill fate. Infact, most brands I mean. :hand:

U must knw e other exist! No choice lor! :yuck: :wave:

Guest lightning

Mercbumpkin wrote:

hannson wrote:

bugis cp you can scrap even without lowering LOL....

but there are 2 exits... the other exit is ok.

yup...the one facing North Bridge Rd still OK...the jialat one is the Middle Rd exit next to Hotel Intercon :Cry::Cry:

arshavin wrote:

Always want to ask. The purpose of mod the spring is ???

Save fuel or for fun only?

It is to lower your centre of gravity so that you will have better handling characteristics of your ride. Comestic use as well...