• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

how much does it cost to change mounting?

Guest jonny7733

Hi Guys, I am new here. Looking at changing my engine and gearbox mounting for my 2010 W212.  Any idea what is the current price to pay and any recommendation of workshop in the East? Thanks in advance.

It would depends on whether getting the parts yourself or workshop supplying with parts.

Excessive vibration when car is idling/moving off.

Actually, I think the word "excessive vibration" is quite subjective.

One popular servicing workshop in Tampines tell me that I need to change engine+gearbox mounting as there are vibration.

Another workshop in SinMing tell me no need after test driving me car, he say vibration is normal for 9 yr old W211.

Is there any sensor warning inbuilt on the system to tell to me time to change both mounting ?

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

One popular servicing workshop in Tampines tell me that I need to change engine+gearbox mounting as there are vibration.

Another workshop in SinMing tell me no need after test driving me car, he say vibration is normal for 9 yr old W211.

Is there any sensor warning inbuilt on the system to tell to me time to change both mounting ?

Unfortunately no sensor. Cos its subjective to how tolerant you are to vibration. So yourself is the best sensor  :D

Normal car mounting can last 4 to 5 years.

I change my mounting every 2-3 years because I can't tolerate even the slight vibration on my steering wheel during idling and acceleration

Hi Guys, I am new here. Looking at changing my engine and gearbox mounting for my 2010 W212.  Any idea what is the current price to pay and any recommendation of workshop in the East? Thanks in advance.

Around $600 for complete job!

Usually they are worn out every 60,000km

For W212, not much vibration felt but when you accelerate especially on a cold engine, it sounds like a motor boat.

My late 2011 W212, I changed the engine and gear box mounting at 60,000km and it's now back again at 120,000km.

Next change! :(

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

OEM Engine mounting LEMFORDER brand for W211 only $120 for both left and right which actually is the same

Gearbox mounting only $20

after changing, the car is so quite, zero vibration

workshop say visual check, if engine mounting sink down, time to change else later will after other parts

Thank you all for the good advice.

Ah Yeo, How long it takes to change? Workshop reliable?

If the mechanic is experienced, can get it done in 2hrs

for my case E230

the left engine mounting more lechey to take as the mechanic have to dismantle the exhaust to reach it

the right engine mounting easier

the gearbox mounting is the easiest, just take out and replace, nothing blocking it

OEM Engine mounting LEMFORDER brand for W211 only $120 for both left and right which actually is the same

workshop say visual check, if engine mounting sink down, time to change else later will after other parts

Bro Yeo...PMed you...

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Hi Yeo,

What about labour charges?

can provide me the work shop details ? To standby just in case  :D .

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
10 hours ago, prodrivegsr said:

Thank you bro.. How about the suspension ? Are E200ngt same as e200k ?

Same same la.

Avantg is suppose to be 10mm lower compare to the Elegance series. In actual fact spring and shock is similar, difference is the position of the spring mounting cup. Its adjustable.

So in summary its the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Changed my engine mount + gear box mount 12 months back.

All is OK.............BUT..............Recently got this vibration ...... only when steering on full lock (turn left or right also have).

Any bro experience this ? Mounting again ?

• 1 month later...
On 2016-4-26 at 4:51 PM, AHYEO said:

Bro Yeo, can pm me the details of the workshop in singapore? Thank you!

4 hours ago, TK33 said:

Bro Yeo, can pm me the details of the workshop in singapore? Thank you!

Share share the details leh.

Looks like i may needs another set (last change 1 year back but seems lousy and vibration again!).