• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E Class Sedan Reports here (W123,W124,W210,W211,W212, W213)

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi Guys,

Am newbie here to this forum & 1st E250.

Hope to learn more from all seniors here and able to contribute

Thanx in advance

Welcome to the Forum, Francis.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Hmm,

$$$ sounds more reasonable for 722.9.

Hope no more next time for me. Keeping fingers crossed. Hehe.

I think all these sensors or ecu kaput due to prolonged heat problem. Not sure if you will agree?

• 1 month later...

Me got myself a pre-owned, 06/10 E300 Avantgarde, brown exterior, biscuit colour seats and black dashboard.

Didn't like the stiff ride, and thanks to bro Cavallo, I managed to swop the Elegance suspension into my car. Now its far more comfy and agreeable to my taste.

Changed all oils and filters already, and now toting up the miles and getting used to the car. Having changed from a Crown, which has superlative mechanical refinement and plush ride comfort, the W212 is not a car that you love at first drive. However, I am starting to appreciate the solid, planted feel of my car, which is a hallmark of all good Mercs. FC is not too encouraging at 12L/100km though. Gets worse on trips into town.

Looking forward to  a few years of  good service.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi All

My ride is a W211 and I think its really a comfortable car if all goes well. My wife and kid never fails to doze off when our journey is more than 30min.....but now have to settle the torque issue first.

15 hours ago, RuS said:

Hi All

My ride is a W211 and I think its really a comfortable car if all goes well. My wife and kid never fails to doze off when our journey is more than 30min.....but now have to settle the torque issue first.

Bro,

care to share whats the torque issue about?

6 hours ago, rx7effini said:

Bro,

care to share whats the torque issue about?

I think its one of the wear and tear issue. I remember reading some bro saying that this needs to be changed.

I experience some "shudder" or "some drop' in rpm when put in D or R mode. took to WS and they say it could be the torque converter. now I am considering if should change to a new one or a recond one. I am just curious that W211 is quite an "old' model, do they still have new torque converter in production? Any bro care to share?

Hi to all,

Just bought an old 1989 W124 Gold 200E mid Feb '17. Been running with jap n korean makes and when i saw n test drove my current car, had the feeling it was going to be mine. Past 2 weeks clocked about 13L/100km. Looking at different measures to lower that. Have a few ideas up my sleeve just waiting to try them out in good time. 

Was just wondering if i changed my 15" rims for 17"/18", would it worsen my FC? Any word of advice from fellow 200E owners, have you tried it before?

John.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Friends,

We will be representing SGMERC and attend AC Underground Mega Car Club Meet Up 2.0 on the 1st April Sat.

Time: 2-6pm (We will convoy from a secret location at 1.30pm)

Venue: 1 Turf Club Avenue Singapore 738078

It would be tones of fun to meet current & new SGMERC friends at this meet up. Opportunity to take pics with Race Queens and also have your awesome Mercedes Car pic taken by our resident SGMerc photographer!

So please sign up below!

Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi. 

Just got a 2015 E200 . Would like to check whether it's normal for the light control switch to be non lited. I realised that the P, Auto and lighting symbols are non lited in my car regardless day or night.

Thanks in advance.

IMG-20170609-WA0002.jpg

6 hours ago, E Edition said:

Should be lited at night. Your car is under warranty. Call SA to check. Also should br FOC

Hi E Edition, are you driving the w212?

I have checked with a couple of owners driving the same car w212. Seems it's not lited at night also. 

Another friend's w205 is lited though.

My car is 2014, typo in initial post. Just out of warranty. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2017 at 9:25 PM, t13 said:

Hi E Edition, are you driving the w212?

I have checked with a couple of owners driving the same car w212. Seems it's not lited at night also. 

Another friend's w205 is lited though.

My car is 2014, typo in initial post. Just out of warranty. 

Hi 

I am driving a W212 FL registration in 2015.  Mine is also not lited at night.  Is it supposed to be lited?  

On 6/26/2017 at 7:50 PM, Sinner108 said:

Hi 

I am driving a W212 FL registration in 2015.  Mine is also not lited at night.  Is it supposed to be lited?  

So far I have checked around a few FL W212, and it seems that it is not back lited. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just started to lurk here not too long ago and placed an order with CnC for a w213 e200 exclusive cavansite blue, should be taking delivery after lunar 7th month. 

Pity the E200s do not come with the widescreen cockpit, hope to learn from the experienced folks here on mods that can be done without breaking warranty (if there's such a thing!).

15 minutes ago, Autoswede said:

Hi all,

Just started to lurk here not too long ago and placed an order with CnC for a w213 e200 exclusive cavansite blue, should be taking delivery after lunar 7th month. 

Pity the E200s do not come with the widescreen cockpit, hope to learn from the experienced folks here on mods that can be done without breaking warranty (if there's such a thing!).

Congratulations! And no there's no such thing as mod without breaking warranty. After you mod, technically your warranty isn't broken. It's only after some fault occurs and C&C attributes it to your mod that your warranty breaks.

3 hours ago, Autoswede said:

Hi all,

If you like the widescreen, you should have placed an order for the E250? :( But you can ask your SE to change the order to E250 :)