• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E Class Sedan Reports here (W123,W124,W210,W211,W212, W213)

Guest kepiting1sg

Congrats to all who've collected your new ride!
Join us for our first event of 2016!

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/21721-sgmerc-cny-night-drive-19th-feb-2016/

Hi All,

Just got myself a 9 year old W211 E200 NGT to try out the driving experience btw conti and jap.

I have been driving mostly Toyota all my life, finally decided it is time for a change.

1st reason to get the NGT model because my office have been shift to Mandai Industrial Estate, it is just a stone throw from the refill station.

2nd reason is due to the dropped in CAT B's COE, think if the condition of this car is good to go, might even consider to renew the COE.

To all bro and sis driving the W211 E200FL, do you think this car can go beyond 10 years road life ?

Thank you.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT

Hi Imac,

Base on my personal experience as had driven the E200k facelifted W211 for 3 years previously.

If yours is a E200K facelifted W211 then very worth renewing as many technical issues had been improved and rectified from the pre facelift.

The drive for the E200k were great and the parts are cheap as compare to all other conti marque.  

Enjoy your drive!

Hi All,

Just got myself a 9 year old W211 E200 NGT to try out the driving experience btw conti and jap.

I have been driving mostly Toyota all my life, finally decided it is time for a change.

1st reason to get the NGT model because my office have been shift to Mandai Industrial Estate, it is just a stone throw from the refill station.

2nd reason is due to the dropped in CAT B's COE, think if the condition of this car is good to go, might even consider to renew the COE.

To all bro and sis driving the W211 E200FL, do you think this car can go beyond 10 years road life ?

Thank you.

Definately

I'm keeping mine too ☺

Hi all,

Just took the plunge this evening and traded in my 2010 E60 525i for the E-Edition E200. Glad to be back although I will miss the in-line 6 of the Beemer.  Previously I was driving FL W211 E200 before changing to the 525i.

Hi all,

Just took the plunge this evening and traded in my 2010 E60 525i for the E-Edition E200. Glad to be back although I will miss the in-line 6 of the Beemer. Previously I was driving FL W211 E200 before changing to the 525i.

Welcome to the forum. :)

Do show us some photos of your ride if available.

Hi all,

Just took the plunge this evening and traded in my 2010 E60 525i for the E-Edition E200. Glad to be back although I will miss the in-line 6 of the Beemer.  Previously I was driving FL W211 E200 before changing to the 525i.

Got delivery on 20 Jan. Previously driving BMW 730 in-line 6. Both cars have totally different characteristics. Before I booked in November, I was tossing between E Edition and 520i sport edition. Price difference E Edition S$13.5K higher. Obviously, with lower COE, price must be substantially lower. Happy driving. I miss the feel of 730Li but getting used to E Edition.

Welcome all new E Class Sedan Owners!

Page 1 owners list updated!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Welcome to the forum. :)

Do show us some photos of your ride if available.

Thanks Darksaint, just placed booking fee last Thur. Expected delivery is Mar or Apr. It's terenorite grey in color and the current Edition E, nothing special though.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Just got my ride this evening.

CH_OldMerc W211 E230 Elegance FlintGray

Hope to share more with all gurus here.

Wow. What a wonderful ride compared to my previous car. Haha.

Good choice, smooth drive, only downside is the FC, Drink like a fish

Make sure you take care of the ATF, and find a good mechanic who knows well about this car

Good choice, smooth drive, only downside is the FC, Drink like a fish

Make sure you take care of the ATF, and find a good mechanic who knows well about this car

bro, don't scare bro CH_OldMerc lah, heeehee

won't drink like a fish, just don't be hard on your foot

So far I had W203, W211, W212 and W221, all seems to have almost the same FC based on my same driving habit and distance leh  :phew:

And my most problem free was my W211. Biggest headache is W221 but also the most comfortable ride

bro, don't scare bro CH_OldMerc lah, heeehee

won't drink like a fish, just don't be hard on your foot

So far I had W203, W211, W212 and W221, all seems to have almost the same FC based on my same driving habit and distance leh  :phew:

And my most problem free was my W211. Biggest headache is W221 but also the most comfortable ride

haha, not scare him lah, but some time old car, the problem just comes one after another

Thanks bro AHYEO &bro j888,

Yes. Pumped full tanks this morning over 70 litres . Twice my previous ride.

Will go easy on the pedal for now. Haha.

Having problem with easy entry /exit setup. Didn't seem to work or maybe I didn't setup correctly? Can be spoilt?

Remote battery also need to change as prompted on screen. Lol.

So many new features to learn...

Competent mechanic very important, I kena wrong diagnostic and have spend unnecessary $$ to replace good working parts

One of them was my Central control gateway, parts is not very ex, but the reprograming cost 400+ :(

So far only 2 major issue on my E230

One was the power steering arm leaking, spend $800 buck to repair, the rubber seals cheap cheap, but the workmanship cost a lot due to a lot of thing to dismantle

and in the process, the steering angle sensor also conk up, another $480

The other one is the electronic plate that control the 7G gearbox,

Asked my mechanic what to look for for E230, he told me this one , and zhun zhun this one conkup

other then that, the rest are wear and tear

Bro, your electronic plate are u referring to the gear box ecu? What was your symptom and damage?

Hi Bro

They called it ELECTROHYDRALIC CONTROL UNIT

For mine, it was like when I engage gear from P to D, there is a slight jerk and it gets more obvious

Then it just cannot auto change gear anymore, always stuck in gear 1 and when I change gear, the jerk become a bang !

It kaput when I was in Hatyai, luckily there was a Merc service centre there !

I spend about 1.5K sing $ to change that unit including ATF and labour and reprograming

Dunno sway or heng as if done in SG, at least 3K+ as I was told

cheers

• 1 month later...

I kana the same as bro AHYEO last Wednesday but was swiftly repaired by

Top Speed Motor - 20 Pandan Loop within a morning.

They showed me the parts replaced but really I "liak bor kiew" (catch no ball) what seems to be the real problem.

Dunno about the cost as it is covered under warranty by car dealer.

IMHO, it shld not be that costly. (believe to be in range of several hundreds)

• 2 weeks later...

I kana the same as bro AHYEO last Wednesday but was swiftly repaired by

Top Speed Motor - 20 Pandan Loop within a morning.

They showed me the parts replaced but really I "liak bor kiew" (catch no ball) what seems to be the real problem.

Dunno about the cost as it is covered under warranty by car dealer.

IMHO, it shld not be that costly. (believe to be in range of several hundreds)

Bro OldMerc and AHYEO,

I do CSI on web...found the items on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-GEARBOX-CONTROL-UNIT-FOR-MERCEDES-BENZ-E-CLASS-1402700861-/181759123973?hash=item2a51b02205:g:59kAAOSwNSxVZziJ

It seem that they often replace this plastic ECU during ATF fluid change....

Maybe we should follow the angmo....just get it from stockist and change it together during the next ATF change.

Bro OldMerc and AHYEO,

I do CSI on web...found the items on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/AUTOMATIC-TRANSMISSION-GEARBOX-CONTROL-UNIT-FOR-MERCEDES-BENZ-E-CLASS-1402700861-/181759123973?hash=item2a51b02205:g:59kAAOSwNSxVZziJ

It seem that they often replace this plastic ECU during ATF fluid change....

Maybe we should follow the angmo....just get it from stockist and change it together during the next ATF change.

Hello Bro Imac,

I go and check my bill from the thai merc service center

The price for that piece of plastic was about 1K+

Check with Gallop, guy say this one become controlled item leow, not easy to get, about 1K in the mkt as well

Hopefully,  mine can last till scrap :phew:

Again.... why they must put a piece a plastic in the hot hot GB, just dun understand...

The one I got replaced look like this one attached pic

It's called the conductor plate I think.

For sharing,

Just check with local stockist...

Gave them my chassis number....ask for the price for the ecu or conducting plate.

They said it is the same items...for my 2006 W211 E200..the price is  = 4x blue notes + 2x red notes.

Hi Bro iMac,

Yours NGT shld be 5 speed yes?

$220 for your 722.6 conductor plate looks very reasonable.

Mine is 722.9. The parts would be different.

You are right...722.9 will cost more than 722.6

Look at this link...the 722.9 conductor plate at SGD$458.

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Reparatur-Kodierung-Mercedes-Benz-Getriebe-Steuergerat-7-G-tronic-722-9-/262457630564?hash=item3d1bb19f64:g:6dEAAOSwr41XH5-l